Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sudhir Mishra signs Sherawat

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Mallika Sherawat

Mallika Sherawat is stopping at nothing to make sure people know that she can act too — apart from her hot, glamorous image. Mallika has now been signed by Pritish Nandy Communications again (after Pyar Ke Side Effects) to act in Sudhir Mishra's tentatively titled Ab Tera Kya Hoga Johny?

Not an art film

Says Nandy, "Ab Tera Kya Hoga Johny? is not an art film. Sudhir made Chameli, which was totally commercial in format. We have made two very successful movies with him and he's one of the finest directors in the country today.

In fact, we are also planning to make another film, Hit Man, with him. Mallika has an earthy, and tactile sex appeal which connects to people, removed from Aishwarya's aloof one. Mallika strikes an instant empathy with the audience."

What's the story about? "It's through the eyes of a young boy, who is the sutradhar, and the heroine (played by Mallika) and how they find Mumbai, with all the aspirations of the people living in it. Johny is just a metaphor. The film has been scripted by Sudhir.

This will be one of the most significant roles of Mallika's career as we will be using her sex appeal in a different format, design and styling. Sudhir has an amazing ability to do that. He did it with Kareena in Chameli, and Chitrangda in Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi."

'Underused actress'

What's so special about Sherawat? "I have worked with her while shooting for Pyar Ke Side Effects and found her to be one of the most underused artistes.

She's a fine actress and always eager to try out new ideas, new movies and new roles. She is always ready to challenge herself. Earlier, Mallika was stereotyped in her sexy image, but today, she is willing to go beyond that to discover her true potential," says Nandy.

Credibility factor

Mishra, though, is reticent. "There are lots of projects under discussion. Ab Tera Kya Hoga Johny? is still in the scripting stage and I have to give Mallika the final script. Everything has to be mutual. Every actor has their own fantasies but I am not the kind of director to fulfill them.

Nothing has been finalised yet. I wouldn't like to talk about things till they are final, as I don't want to give the impression that I am just signing films and not doing them. That makes me lose my credibility."

PNC's next release is Vikram Bhatt's Ankahee, in March, after which Pyar Ke Side Effects will be out, then Bow Barracks Forever, Meghna Gulzar's Honeymoon, Rituparno Ghosh's Rahgeer, and Ab Tera Kya Hoga Johny?

niki79 IF-Dazzler
niki79
niki79

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
tfs
Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
thx
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990