Learning Classical Music (Page 3)

Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shantibai

Originally posted by madhavir108

Wow, glad to see so many comments..

Abhi, i shall send u that sometime, but I dont think it will make ur heart go like that, it will make it beat faster, tha tha thai tha tha tai Wink LOL

And aruna ji, Hemu occupies a place in my heart which abhi toh kya..koi bahut dare tak replace nahin karega.. i was joking with my room mate.. if i get into any relationship with a guy now, my first question to him is gonn abe can u sing!

Srianne ji, I am TRYINNGGG to study, no more dreaming now about Hemu till i am done with my exams for a month atleast

and Mishtimoni ji, ya we have a LOT in common..cool !!

ahhhhhhhhh!! that exhilirating joy of finding a lost twin

Very funnyBig smile..surely would've loved to be her twin.. could become a decade younger!!!Smile

Swastika Senior Member
Swastika
Swastika

IF SRGMP Winner

Posted: 01 April 2006 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
I learnt Hindustani classical music when I was young but never gave a damn about it. I have never done a riyaaz and I am quite self destructive! LOL ...

Now I regret for taking things so lightly. Ouch

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swastika

I learnt Hindustani classical music when I was young but never gave a damn about it. I have never done a riyaaz and I am quite self destructive! LOL ...

Now I regret for taking things so lightly. Ouch

my sentiments exactly..

a few days ago I tried to sing a song I learnt when i was learning music Vara Veena..its a pretty simple song.. i never knew I could sound so bad !!!
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by narumugaye

I strongly regret discontinuing my music lessons. At one stage, between the ages of 8 and 11, I was learning Carnatic and Hindustani vocal, and the tabla. Migration to different places after that led to the discontinuation. Picked them up again while in varsity - but that fizzled out when I left campus. Now, watching talents like Nihira and Hema dazzling the nation with their virtuosity, and even at some of my peers and juniors in university who mesmerize the public regularly with their nectarine voices, what can I say, the regret is more than just a tinge - it's a huge bucketful of it!

Granted I was forced into learning them, but at that age, a little force is necessary anyway. And that's the best time to pick up the arts and establish a firm foundation cos we have very few priorities outside studying and playing. Now, it's just so difficult to start on a regular learn-and-practise program - small wonder they say, catch 'em young, or lose 'em forever. Exceptions exist no doubt, but the vast majority of the 'pratibhas' (talents) today did embark on this journey in the pre-teens. I did too, too bad I disembarked shortly after Cry

ClapClap Very well said !
tellus Senior Member
tellus
tellus

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Same here... all the way... Mother was a bit too pushy those days to get me to learn carnatic music.. The more pushy she got, the more I resisted. And thanks to that teen year's rebellion attitude, I put the foot down for all the wrong reasons and ended up in the other side of the camp... Lucky that I was, I grew up in the midst of singers.. my mummy, dadi/nani, maasi/buas all singers - some of them ofcourse prefer to sing only in the privacy of kitchen & bathroom.
But now I am hooked to Piano... And to my surprise, my piano teacher mistook me for a trained singer.
advil IF-Sizzlerz
advil
advil

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 02 April 2006 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
My mom sent me to a respectable young beautiful classical music teacher when I was seven!! She and me had one thing in common .. both of us hated waking up early morning LOL LOL .So it would only be onsundays and tuesday evenings.After about a month one fine day i went to her house for music lessons and figured out she had eloped !!(did not know wht it meant then).That was the end of my classical lessons coz mom didn't want me to get waylaid(at 7!!).

Then at the age of fourteen I started guitar lessons. It went great for a month and then guess what.. one morning I open the newpaper and see my teacher's face in the obituary column !!

After that no one was willing to teach me.. Cry I am still waiting for a brave teacher Smile Tongue

Go to top