Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Learning Classical Music (Page 2)

Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

I was reading over Hemu's intervew in Maa TV transcript and there was a part of the interview when the anchor asked him if he liked singing since he was a kid. He, very honestly, said no and that his father used to hit him for not practising. It wasn't until later he realised its importance and then took it up seriously.

That line interested me, because it was the same with me, well almost. I used to learn classical, but completely out of interest. It was like the worse 2 hrs of my day for me. I used to see if I can make excuses to cut it. Learnt it somehow till I reached my 6 ot 7th Varnam.. and a few kirtanas in between but NEVER with interest. Today, so mny years late, I wish I hadn't stopped.. coz NOW I realise what classical music is.

For those of you who learnt or learning music, was there a time when u didn't enjoy it? do u enjoy it now or are u still learning it by force and if there was a time u didnt enjoy it, what prompted u to get back on track ?

For those of you who didn't learn music, do u plan to learn classical music after seeing what power Nihira and Hemu had or just want to learn singing semi classsical and light songs ?

Awaiting your comments...

This is absolutely true.. The same thing happened with me too.. I learnt classical music for 9 years.. That too without interest.. Never wanted to learn it at all.. I thought it was jus a time pass... But, now realise the true life of it... Now, i ve started learning again... Clap Clap

Kash main bhi singing line mein hi hoti... Cry Cry

ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Can we have a video of a dance attuned to a composition in the Shringara Rasa madhavi? Maybe my heart will go...ta ka dhi mi, ta ka jha nu. Tongue Wink

Wah, wah!  What a pick up line! LOLLOLLOL
ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Can we have a video of a dance attuned to a composition in the Shringara Rasa madhavi? Maybe my heart will go...ta ka dhi mi, ta ka jha nu. Tongue Wink

Wah, wah!  What a pick up line! LOLLOLLOL

ThankuLOLLOLLOL, do, does it work?Tongue

Madhavi se puch na padega. LOLLOLLOL

But I don't think you're going to have much luck with her unless you sing like, look like and dance like Hema. And yes, your name must be V.HemaChandra.LOL

Edited by ab_srgmp - 31 March 2006 at 1:49pm
sreejan Senior Member
sreejan
sreejan

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
My whole family is into music and dance ...my grandparents used to play violin and sing .....all my uncles are into carnatic music and two of my aunts into kuchipudi.. ......i started learning classical dance from age 5 prob due to pressure from my aunt and parents ....until i got married i was busy with studies and going on tours with my aunt .....but now when i look back i always wanted to learn music and that was my real passion....last year i found a teacher where i live and started learning Hindusthani classical music .....i enjoy it very much .......when we are young we tend to do so many things for others .....better late than never Smile
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
I did learned Karnataka sangeetha when I was little.. Though my voice is good, my memorie was bad.. and i hated to by heart the music... so i left it very early... I love music.. but due to my memorie problem i was not able to Confused Confused
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
i want to learn singing i even told my parents abt it, but somehow we never actually get to doing something abt it Ouch
Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
Ahh Madhavi, ditto here, learnt classical dance and music both when I was a kid, hated doing riyaaz, but loved dancing, left dancing altogether when I was 15-16.. still wanna go back and start training again..

How come we have so much in common Smile
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Wow, glad to see so many comments..

Abhi, i shall send u that sometime, but I dont think it will make ur heart go like that, it will make it beat faster, tha tha thai tha tha tai Wink LOL

And aruna ji, Hemu occupies a place in my heart which abhi toh kya..koi bahut dare tak replace nahin karega.. i was joking with my room mate.. if i get into any relationship with a guy now, my first question to him is gonn abe can u sing!

Srianne ji, I am TRYINNGGG to study, no more dreaming now about Hemu till i am done with my exams for a month atleast

and Mishtimoni ji, ya we have a LOT in common..cool !!

Go to top