India-Forums

India Calling
India Calling

Discussion of the week(closed) (Page 2)

charmingal Senior Member
charmingal
charmingal

Posted: 03 April 2006 at 3:06am | IP Logged

Well as far parents objecting to your partner goes, I think we all see the person we love as the most truthful and right person. For us that person can do no wrong. If parents at one point or another feel that a person isn't right for their son or daughter, they should produce reasons to back up their opinion. Like "I don't like his habit of doing all these things for you". Now to you it might seem sweet, but later on it can turn into an acute possessive feeling that can stifle you. Your parents are seeing that as long term, and its upto the parents to make it clear to you why they thing a person is not right for you.

Ultimately it should be your descision. If you're gotten through 25 years of life, with a successful career, and intelligent backing you up, you really deserve the right to chose who you'd want to spend the rest of your life with.

As far as making a choice goes, there really isn't a choice at all for me personally. Its either both, or nothing at all. It'll personally be very difficult for me to make a choice at all, but If I were forced to make a choice, I'd probably chose my parents. Probably try and move on from the person currenly in my life, and see things their way. But If I strongly believe in my man, well there's is not much my parents will be able to do.

charmingal Senior Member
charmingal
charmingal

Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:13am | IP Logged

Ok, its been two weeks since this discussion and the winner of this discussion is:

Shiny.

Shiny will now start the next Discussion. Everyone is urged to participate in it with full vigour.

Go to top