Discussion of the week(closed)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Discussion of the week- Love or Family?

In a bid to outdo other forums in terms to matter and acitivity, and to boost our own level of it, a bunch of us got together and thought of this idea. Thus presenting to you, Discussion of the week.

Every thursday activity hits rockbottom with nothing there to discuss. Thus this hopefully will help us overcome that hurdle. There are certain rules to this aspect though.

1)It is neccessary to back up whatever you are saying with reasons and situations. This is not an opinion thread, this is a debate thread.

2)Indulge in giving all your possible theories and reactions to a question and make sure that you believe in what you're saying.

3)This will be an open debate, and members can post as many times as they want to, having a heated and two way debate about the question or discussion of the week. Kindly stick to one opinion. No jhulufying between two.

4)no name calling, or profanity please.

By the end of the week, that is by next thrusday a winner will be picked. The winner will be based on the arguments presented by that member.

The member will get the opportunity to specify the question of the next week and judge the discussion of the next week. We will try out best to come up with interesting a innovative discussions. Hetal, kindly make this a sticky topic.

Thus on with this week's discussion.

What is more important to a person- to you- Love or your Family? What if tommorow God forbid, you have to make a choice between your family and the one you love? What will be your choice?

Is it fair to ask your child to make that choice? Is it fair to ask your partner to make that choice? Is it possible to make that choice? Why should one even make a choice? Is it possible to somewhere find a balance between the two?

I hereby declare this discussion open. Kindly follow the rules, and no name calling, or profanity please.

Edited by charmingal - 18 years ago
Thx a ton riddhi for starting the amazing discusssion.

According to me its highly imposseible to make a choice between ur love and family coz both r equally important in ur life.
Ur family r those with whom u have spent 20-25 yrs of ur life. u can never compare them with anyone.
And love is someone u have to live ur rest of the life with.
if in my further life my family gives me a choice to choose between them and my love. i will choose my family no doubt coz they r everything for me but i wont even betray the person who i love.
i wont get settled with anyone else and wont even marry my love untill my parents permit me to do so.
coz i can neither betray my parents nor my love.

so i think tht its very important to choose a middle path if u get an impossible choice to make but for tht its important tht u know how to balance between the two otherwise neither u will be happy nor ur parents and not even ur love.

hey good work... man u have a brilliant brain......

nyways an answer to ur question.......

love and family ???????

what is love.. does love only mean being with ur lover n all the trimmings.. dont u love ur family.... love is small small things.. being in love with ur partner is also among them....

the question to be asked is can u leave ur family who have nurtured u, made u wht u r, always supported u, never thought bad of u for a man who has just come into ur life a few days, months or years ago......

i know we all love romantic novels, stories, crib inn shows or t.v. when a family members tries to curb the love birds.. but tht is the fantasy we want to live but is it possible in real life....... i dont think so....  it is easy to say but very difficult to implement.......

one needs to have a loving family n their support when u want to marry the man of ur dreams.... a word built on their heartbreak and ur aspirations never works....My true love being a part of that family makes it even better... if looked at closely ur beloved and family form the part of the same coin...  so i believ tht i will choose my family........ but the point to ponder over is who looses among love or family n the answer is you, yourself.... caught between a land where ur future lies and where ur present lies is a sticky situation with nothing but hearbreak in it....

The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together

tht finishes my answer but please as i said world of entertainment is like a world of ur fantasies dont expect me to support chand's n adi's family if they try n come between the two... i love fantasy.....

good disscussion......its really hard to choose from love and family....love is something that you want for your whole life after leaving your family(which is Marriage). but till you fall in love, your family is everything for you! but when it comes to choose one...its difficult and feels like why do i have to go through this situation. i would choose family, actually have done that and its not easy to give up but when parents put life-death situation infront of you..you have no choice....also how one can have a marriage without their family's blessing..its unfinished...! the individual has to make the decesion, and has to decide how much you can do for your love...!

I think, time is changing, parents dont put you in this kinda situation usually, but still there are many parents who still do this! i strongly think parents should understand their kids before asking them to choose! there is always a solution to every problem so find some solution of these two options....
hetal .........u absolutely rite ....if there is a life and death situation.......even i wud go for my family...
....but as u said tht parents shud understand their kids and shud not give them choices....
but i will say tht in sum cases it bcomes important.
people says love is blind .....when u fall in love u cant see anything beyond it. ...so sumtimes parents put u in the situation as the yknow tht the guy is not good for u and ...they have a trust tht if given teh choice u as a duaghter wud choose them ..........
i guess thts the only reason parents put u thru theis situation.............coz in my opinion parent just wants ur happiness ......but ya ...i m not supporting tht the yshud give a choice ....but ya ..was juss trying to put foward their point of view too
yeah, i agree...in many cases, kids make bad choice and that's why people say love is blind and i think, parents should atleast tell their kids about how, and who to choose...cuz now there are more possibilites to happen such thing...the results are worse..either you end up loosing parents or parents will be alone...

well.....

abt sayin tht parents tellin wht kinna a life partner to choose is right... but when it comes to the matters of the heart one forgets such things...... n thts where r parents come in being the guidin light in sayin wht is right n wht is not..... maybe sometimes they r also wrong...... but u just cant ignore their opinion

gud disc....well luving family 😉

Well as far parents objecting to your partner goes, I think we all see the person we love as the most truthful and right person. For us that person can do no wrong. If parents at one point or another feel that a person isn't right for their son or daughter, they should produce reasons to back up their opinion. Like "I don't like his habit of doing all these things for you". Now to you it might seem sweet, but later on it can turn into an acute possessive feeling that can stifle you. Your parents are seeing that as long term, and its upto the parents to make it clear to you why they thing a person is not right for you.

Ultimately it should be your descision. If you're gotten through 25 years of life, with a successful career, and intelligent backing you up, you really deserve the right to chose who you'd want to spend the rest of your life with.

As far as making a choice goes, there really isn't a choice at all for me personally. Its either both, or nothing at all. It'll personally be very difficult for me to make a choice at all, but If I were forced to make a choice, I'd probably chose my parents. Probably try and move on from the person currenly in my life, and see things their way. But If I strongly believe in my man, well there's is not much my parents will be able to do.

Ok, its been two weeks since this discussion and the winner of this discussion is:

Shiny.

Shiny will now start the next Discussion. Everyone is urged to participate in it with full vigour.