Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Should Ashutosh Propose to Nidhi??????

Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
The whole of last week has been spent on debating this hot topic...Will he won't he...has been going on in the minds of all us viewers...By this I mean will Ashu confess his love as Armaan has told him to or will he once again fight shy when he has to do so...

At some point I too wanted him to go up to Nidhi and tell her those 3 magic words...ILU...But after seeing the burger sequence I realised that if Ashu were to do as Armaan is insisting he does he would be totally out of character for Ashutosh.

Most of u would be wondering what I mean by the burger sequence...It was the way Ashu apologised to Nidhi...his words were.."if u look carefully in all these extra toppings, cheese, french fries etc u will find my sorry also wrapped up within them"...

Friends this is the real Ashutosh...He loves Nidhi deeply, he longs to be with her, but he fights shy of showing his feelings to her..Not only to her he is not capable of showing his feelings to anyone. All his feelings..be it love or hate, hurt or happiness, anger or joy are all bottled up in him...In his own words he has ensconced himself in a castle, shutting all doors and windows, and allows no one to enter. For a brief moment Nidhi entered but the harsh reality of their love being forbidden love because o their age disparity made him shut her out and now he is torn between his feelings for her and his desire not to complicate her life. He knows she loves him but he also knows she is young and may be with time will forget him and even move on in her life...As for him he will never forget her...A person like Ashu who finds it difficult to fall in love will give his whole self to honouring that feeling when finally it does hit him...

Ashu's dialogues to Armaan about how he feels for Nidhi were heart wrenching and showed that for Ashu there will be no going back again...and neither is there any future in this relationship..If only for Nidhi's sake...For such a person who weeps inwardly at his helplessness and who took so much of goading from his friend to even confess that he loves a girl, it would be out of character to expect him to come out in the open and confess his lover to  girl. He would definitely show her that he cares by actions...Him recommending Nidhi for the job, praising her in the opening address at the convention (not knowing she was there), and his sorry to her via the burger dialogue are more in keping with his character. But to expect him to go down on his knees and propose to her or shout out from the rooftops that he loves her...that would be totally uncharacteristic of Ashutosh. It would be more in keeping with his nature if he were to support her directly or indirectly, protect her from the evil intentions of Mallu...etc...

I feel the charm of this love story is in Ashu's silent love and Nidhi's vociferous proclamation of her love...This would go more with the two diverse characters that they are...

But yes I would not have minded them dancing together...In fact would have loved it...But alas the Cvs are not gonna give this to us...

Finally I was shocked at treading that there is someone else from Ashu's past who is gonna be revealed in the coming episodes...As though Mallu were not enough now poor Nidhi will have to face this woman also...But then again such an occurrence could be expected...After all Ashutosh is a 42 year old man and on top of it he is also a handsome and successful doctor...He is bound to have had a past...Should go well in keeping with the story...Upsetting but i think we can accept the track...So long as they don't drag the separation too much I think we should give the track a chance and see how the CVs develop it and how they weave it into the story...

So although I am very surprised and sad at this news I am willing to give it a shot and wait and see how the story develops. Till then I can only say that the past week's episodes were very good and MB and KK were outstanding in their performances. They are both actors of high caliber and deserve all the accolades they get for their stunning performances as Ashutosh and Nidhi respectively...Love u Mohnishji and Kritika...
Edited by Mehek25 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

powersangy thumbnail
that was a good analysis...i uphold this view too..thanks..

Armu4eva thumbnail
Nice summary Mehek... and yes.. this show is for ... PATIENT viewers...totally unique.. and in a way OUTDATED! 😆

No one wanted him to propose.. so i dunno y all the Show defenders start their defense with the ... 'It wuld b out of character' .. as if the Nay-sayers are saying that we wanted Ashu on his knees proposing marriage! 🤣

Nidhi is the vociferous one... and one who wanted answers to 'Why i was fired' question.. but in a week..she seems to have.. forgotten all that.. n hence..every time.. he comes to say sorry.. she doesnt look in his eyes n ask..the reason... but takes off at the first opp..!! M sure.. Rohan baba n his reverse psychology will help Nidhi ..reach Kotnis and Ashus arms...!! (So mature ...a track ..must say 👏)

The lady coming track.. is cool... n even i dun see issues in it... but the separation.. n an UNENDING one is what is putting me off..!! Dance or no dance... some ..progression was needed...sadly none happened...! Tho the past week was brilliant..  m not so hopeful for the coming week! 
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ armu4eva

The lady coming track.. is cool... n even i dun see issues in it... but the separation.. n an UNENDING one is what is putting me off..!! Dance or no dance... some ..progression was needed...sadly none happened...! Tho the past week was brilliant..  m not so hopeful for the coming week!

Tanu I too have the same feelings about the coming week..but let's just hope we are all over reacting and it will not be a prolongued separation...As for Ashu's apology...It was so sweet and so in keeping with his character that i was touched by it...But seeing it left Nidhi so unaffected I felt like nicknaming her Dr. Hardstone after that scene...

Thats what loves does to people... Dr Hardstone is reduced to being like putty in the hands of his beloved...and the Shararati Titli has become hard hearted...Understood it is her deep hurt that has made her like this...And I hope Tanu ur prediction on Rohan comes true and he uses his reverse psychology to make Nidhi realise that Ashu also loves her deeply...

As for the other love from Ashu's past...It can happen but only hope it happens a little later...after Ashni come closer to each other...It will be more fun to watch it then rather than having all put together so soon...

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I will die laughing seeing him on keens and proposing her , thats like u mentioned so not ASHU, wasnt expecting that at all , but some moment in story yaar, ok even if there is long separation will take it but should be presented in a proper manner, not something which makes me want to pull some ones hair 😆 ...

I am curious to see this women and his past, since Mallu is doing her 12 yrs ka nonstop jaap, wonder how come she is not aware of it, or never mentioned it...

Actually, If they did not had many scenes involving Mallu , Angie, Rohan , the story would have been much better and easy , its sort of uljae huae with these ckts... there was no proper timing to bring in proper roles, 

Lets see , thanks for post Mehek 
Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mehek25

@ armu4eva

Tanu I too have the same feelings about the coming week..but let's just hope we are all over reacting and it will not be a prolongued separation...As for Ashu's apology...It was so sweet and so in keeping with his character that i was touched by it...But seeing it left Nidhi so unaffected I felt like nicknaming her Dr. Hardstone after that scene...

As for the other love from Ashu's past...It can happen but only hope it happens a little later...after Ashni come closer to each other...It will be more fun to watch it then rather than having all put together so soon...

Exactly. .she din go n introspect y he said sorry to her... nothing... jus crying ... or shying.. or running away..! 😕 The characterisations.. r so inconsistent in the show..!! U cant connect with anyone for long!

I hope too..that we r all over-reacting.. i will b happy to be proven wrong.. n shown that this is a 2011 passionate love story.. not 1102 😆 'touch me not' sob story!! 

Mehek ..that track will b timed based on TRP of Nihan track... which will b dominant track for coming week.. along with Ashu-Armu ... n Ranji...
BayofSarcasm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Hi all am a silent member of this forum. But Ashni have me so addicted that I just had to join the discussion...
Great analysis and agree with your point of view. 
Ashutosh is portrayed as a mature man and he is shocked at himself for falling in love with a girl who is nearly half his age. If we recall, it is Nidhi who has been very open about her feelings. Giving him roses, cooking for him, pulling him out to dance and enjoy the rain... She's a modern young woman who is not awkward about demonstrating her feelings. She is also a young girl who had stars in her yes which was ruthlessly shattered when she was thrown out. She is now grieving and unable to see the deeper meaning in  Ashutosh's gestures. 
Ashutosh cannot express his feelings explicitly for the moment, as he is still in the process of accepting his emotions and comprehending them. He has a lot of baggage from the past to deal with(no reference to Mallika here 😉). The only person whom he trusted and loved, left him (his baba) so he is wary,
We really cannot expect him to go to Nidhi and express his love openly, it's too soon. But his small gestures, to make up, will lead to it eventually. He is, where Nidhi was weeks ago, understanding and accepting the powerful feelings he is going through.
Look at how he walked up to nidhi, in the coffee shop and extended an olive branch. He was looking like a young lost guilty kid wanting to make up for his wrong doing. 
Ashutosh has made up with Nidhi earlier, at the traffic jam and she forgave him then as she was still analyzing his feelings for her.
Then with the cruel twist , Nidhi is confused and angry , which is totally justified,  unable to see beyond her anger at this time. 
It will take a rude shove or shock for Ashutosh to open up with Nidhi as he will always think she is young and needs a less complicated person than him. So Rohan's entry will be the catalyst,  as he will see the reality of relinquishing his love for Nidhi. This will make him confess. Meanwhile, there will be the inner turmoil of Ashni, prodding by Armaan, plotting by Malika, provoking by Rohan and these elements will bring them closer. 

Meanwhile I would of course want to see the dance, it may just be that Ashu will ask her to dance and to avoid a scene she may walk up with him and as they dance, the proximity and vibes from Ashu confuse her and she runs away... (could be wishful thinking but no harm right!⭐️)

Let's see what Monday holds for us! Lets keep enjoying the show . Sorry, if my post is long but AshNI have this effect on me.😳

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He can sing this Shammi Kapoor song after he sees Nidhi with Rohan and the J track starts

Tumne hamko  Hasna Sikhaya
Rone kaho to ro denge ham
Anssu ka hamaare gam na karo
Ye behete hain to behene do inhe

Palko ki chaon main rehene do

Ehesaan tera hoga dil par

Well every one keep a handkerchief ready for the whole of next week

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Propose!!!!!

No chance.  He will only sing songs and say it hurts yaar it husrts and do nothing
yanks28 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
the day he proposes her, I think the show will end...this coming from the horse's mouth...MB thinks when they confess the show will end.