India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

FIXED: UGHHH..I PROMDRESSED MINNIE!

Sidlum Goldie
Sidlum
Sidlum

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
I promdressed I'd be nice..so here's one for the Shrieky Fan Club.

Friday , March 31, 2006

Dotted line

Dotted line

TALK

The Woman Next Door

Rashmi Kumar

SHE is complacent about herself and that makes Ganga, err...Shilpa Saklani even more charming. With few ambitions and not too many high hopes, Saklani joyfully claims that she's not here to make any mark or carve a niche. On the contrary, if her husband, actor Apoorva Agnihotri, had not forced her to get into acting, she'd have stayed back home and planned to have babies.

Meet Saklani, the ideal bahu and a dedicated wife, both in her reel and real life, who shone bright while opening the second showroom of Tanishq on Bund Garden Road in Pune on March 30. She also gave away a Tanishq gold ring to Shazia Safi, who was declared as the winner of the Purity for me is... slogan contest. "Since I got married two year back, I have been the happiest woman. I have started looking more after myself and I want to look good and feel good because I am married to the man I love," says Saklani who was recently seen shaking a happy leg with her hubby, in the much-famed Nach Baliye on Star One.

She started her career five years back with a Bollywood flop Tere Liye, then went on to do a television show Ek Tukda Chaand Ka. "After these two disasters, I then took the plunge in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and that gave me instant recognition," says Saklani.

From Tere Liye to now acting in soaps like Kkusum, Lavanya and her recent stint with Nach Baliye, Saklani now wants to devote enough time for her husband and home. But she fondly shares her Nach Baliye experience, "I am a pathetic dancer. The show took an emotional toll on me. I had never consumed myself physically so much before. Yeah, earlier I was excited as I got to spend so much time with Apoorva. Sustaining ourselves in the competition was the most important thing."

The topic soon shifts over to hubby Apoorva. "Actually after our marriage, I was more than happy to sit at home, but he wanted me to keep myself occupied. There is very little place for a conflict as our day starts at the same time and ends at the same time."

Saklani, concludes with her future plans, "I take life as it comes. Although, I would love to have babies after a couple of years."

Edited by Sidlum - 31 March 2006 at 12:08am

tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
thanks sid but whats all the codes and the ads coming in between
I better not say anything,she doesnt look like an ambitious person from her interview
priyaaa IF-Dazzler
priyaaa
priyaaa

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
thanks..but you might wanna fix that code jam Tongue
Jia IF-Rockerz
Jia
Jia

-

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
yea as tina said, its a bit hard to read with the adds and codes coming in between.

Thanks for sharing. She looks like any regular married woman. Smile Not too ambitious, but she loves apu and is ready to leave the job for him. But, our apu is too sweet to let her do that. Embarrassed
Ambrosia IF-Sizzlerz
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
thanx.
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing sid..
lol @ shrieky club, i had not heard that one b4.

qt
fading_smiles IF-Dazzler
fading_smiles
fading_smiles

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
thanks sid. but i didnt get the codey stuff in the middle Confused Tongue
Arsha85 Senior Member
Arsha85
Arsha85

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
tfs!!

Go to top