Indian Idol 6

Face Off: Talent Reality Shows!

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
KISHORE NAMIT KAPOOR
Acting Teacher

These talent hunt shows are more for the benefit of the channel, than for searching real talent. Their talk about SMS voting is an absolute eyewash! The judges on the channels themselves say that SMSes are not the best deciding factor. Have the channels ever made the audit of these SMSes public? I was asked to be a judge on one such show and I know from personal experience that all the contestants are taken for a ride. There is no limit to the number of people who can apply. Ideally, those who wish to participate should be asked to send in their bio-data for initial selection. But, what I found most shocking was that these directors could be so sadistic! They will go to any length to add drama. They would call back contestants who could not qualify and ask them to emote, how they felt when they lost out, in front of the camera! It was heartless and I quit the show.

GAJENDRA SINGH
Director of some of the shows on air currently

It's difficult to generalise, but I can say that as far as my shows are concerned, such allegations are absolutely not true. How can Kapoor say that the SMS voting is rigged, when we have declared the responses to be close to ten crores? How is it possible for us or any channel to rig so many SMSes? For example, all the while the media kept on announcing that Vinit Singh will win in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge, but in the end Debojeet was declared the winner. It is definitely a public verdict that has chosen certain contestants over others. Frankly, such announcements are made by people who are frustrated with themselves! As for our illtreatment of the contestants, I think they themselves are the best judge, so one should talk to them!

As told to ANJALI CHANDRA

http://epaperdaily.timesofindia.com

Edited by sonyaee - 30 March 2006 at 7:34pm

deslovetiny IF-Dazzler
deslovetiny
deslovetiny

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Thnx! Smile

Edited by karish89 - 30 March 2006 at 7:37pm
checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Thanx Sonya....
now its for sure...some pos and some negs....like everywhere....

thanx anyway
peace

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top