Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daydreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello people.. Returned from college before a while. And that bus hijack thing was really so unfortunate. Got to know that the man who had done that was mentally unstable.
And my parents really worry soo much. I live pretty far from swargate, still I had 4 missed calls from my dad and the 5th call was active as I came out of lab. After 5 mins got a call from mom. Hmm but then the are just like that 😊
astonish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I dont go to office at 9 because... No one comes in at 9...even the sweepers arent in...
I think people start coming from.10 and i am at office by 10:30... Yet...i end up working till 11...
My manager comes at 11 and happily leaves at 7:30 or 8...
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: astonish

I dont go to office at 9 because... No one comes in at 9...even the sweepers arent in...
I think people start coming from.10 and i am at office by 10:30... Yet...i end up working till 11...
My manager comes at 11 and happily leaves at 7:30 or 8...

Exactly...then why do office rules say 9 to 6? that is  why Indians are criticized for impunctuality. no one starts work early. I used to find my colleages playing games whole day and by the time I leave for the day in the evening, they would start working feverishly.  Do you see your US client doing the same? NEVER. My boss even today logged on at 2:30 IST which is 9AM GMT and sent an email. Even though he's an annoying guy, he didn't expect me to attend a webinar after 6PM. He was actually asking me if it will be ok etc. 
Here no one wants to wind up and leave for the day early and spend some time relaxing with family. SICK. Edited by visrom - 12 years ago
astonish thumbnail
Look...everyone loves to leave early... It just doesnt happen...
Peole who are in US...work 9-5 but they expect us to attend their early morning meeting which is 7:30 pm our time...
Its not that people wadte time and do show off staying late... Its just that some days we do work leisurely...and sometimes seriously...but all day...as it is anyways not possible to leave early even if we finish
Daydreaming thumbnail
Oh God. I cant imagine staying at office till 11. Poor astonish. Muze to first day ko hi fire kar denge. Even after college, I hardly stay there for 15 mins unlike others who keep on chatting for long time.
astonish thumbnail

Originally posted by: pvkd

Oh God. I cant imagine staying at office till 11. Poor astonish. Muze to first day ko hi fire kar denge. Even after college, I hardly stay there for 15 mins unlike others who keep on chatting for long time.

No one defines a time in a company unless its a govt org...
One stays back till they complete their work... And if your work is pending...you cant escape it...
And when engrossed in work no one looks at time...
I genrally check the watch at 1 for lunch and the next time i check its 5 and the next time i check its 9..thats how it happens with me
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: astonish

Look...everyone loves to leave early... It just doesnt happen...
Peole who are in US...work 9-5 but they expect us to attend their early morning meeting which is 7:30 pm our time...

Ok 7:30...why hang around after the call? And don't tell me these calls happen everyday...if so, why can't these calls be taken from home? Why sit in office? 

And why can't these calls be taken from home? Technology has advanced. Chodo...I was just frustrated at some things. I don't want to say anything here any more.
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago
Daydreaming thumbnail
Oh God. It seems that I am so unfit for job. I start looking watch from 10:30 because we have a 10 mins break from 10:40 to 10:50.
Then again I start looking frequently from 11:50 as we have lunch at 12:30 and if a lecture is boring all we do is look at watch.. 🤣
I can see that my future is dark 😆
astonish thumbnail
😆 7:30 to 8:30 call... And then prepare the minutes of meeting... which makes it 9 ..then ...within team discussions...on what was discussed in the call...
And then...yes... My team doesnt have calls everyday...but we have offline one on one calls with the client... As per the clients convinience... 😡

Yes...we can take calls from home...but you see...we are not managers...we are coolies and its suggested that a team should take call together from a conf room...as it will be a better discussion and not a confusion within the team...and i dont wanna increase my mobile bill for official calls 😆

Arey baba working with US people does make it this way...no one can escape... Telling it with 4 years experience...isliye better enter a company which is completly indianized

Well...once in a blue moon you will have a day like today where i think i will be done with my work by 7 and leave.. i am so happy today 😊
visrom thumbnail
That's what i was saying the Indian IT/ITES work culture is like that. Absolutely SICK.