Posted: 01 April 2005 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Wow!! Excellent, Queenbee!!ClapClapClap

lakshmi_maruthi Goldie
lakshmi_maruthi
lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by queenbee

Originally posted by pj04

i know what you mean....and that is when armaan betrayed her and her parents stood by her for most part(if my parents were caught up in mess bcoz of my mistakes, guilt would haunt me every second of my life). incidentally indian tv and movies always seem to glorify love between gf/bf over other forms of love(parental,sisterly, maternal, friendly.....). what is even more odd is that she does not even contact nandu or the gang to find out the latest about her parents. but then jassi has always been shown to be crazy about armaan, she always takes her friends, family and even once fiance(purab) for granted. it is not the first time that armaan and gulmohar have taken precedence over all the other people in her life.another reason why i find her characterization very odd.

This is a thought-provoking point of view, pj... actually, I don't find this that odd. Forget for a moment about Hindi serials glorifying bf/gf love (though it's 100% true). If I were in Jassi's position, shunned by my extremely demanding father for something bad I did which shook his faith in me, there is no doubt I would try and make him understand. But this is MY father we're talking about. I am the light of his life, the joy of his existence, I know him too well, I have spent all the years of my life knowing him and loving him. That would give me a sense of security I cannot find with any other relationship except my parents. Which is actually why I would trust in the fact that they will eventually come around. Family ties run too deep, too strong. I know that eventually, they are the only ones who will be there for me in times of trouble, even when they are hopping mad. Yes, I will feel guilty, but their love is like a security blanket around me, it just cannot be thrown away. This isn't what I call 'taking for granted', it's just a strong, loving feeling that I can count on them no matter what. Our love for each other is like a very, very old rock that can withstand all the rain, all the wind, all the years. In fact, I wouldn't LIKE my parents very much if I made a huge mistake and I had to think OMG I've really blown it now .. they'll never take me back .. I'm going to have to beg and cry... that would really make me mad and make me want to move on!!!

OK, I would like to disagree here. the whole world likes to pamper and it is only the parents who have the sole responsibility of teaching an offspring the difference between right and wrong. It is upto them to teach them to learn from mistakes. It is upto them to put the fear of the consequences of doing something worng. But this definitely doesn't mean I leave my parents and go. Also she is so worried about Armaan but not worried that her leaving them at this stage only confirms to them that she is running away from them.. I hope god doesn't give such kids to even my worst emenimies..

Originally posted by queenbee

Originally posted by pj04

however jjkn has no relation to real life or how people react in real world ....so well just think of it as a fantasy and enjoy.

Well, JJKN IS about human beings... and all the ingredients of greed, love, vanity, ego, deceit, etc etc etc that go into the recipe for a good concoction are all present... just in strange proportions sometimes... Warning: can taste really weird

Exactly JJKN is about human beings... and Human beings don't forgive and forget so easily.. I simple cannot understand how one can forgive someone who has trampled all over you. Someone who has made a mockery of your every feeling... I might be able to forgive Mallika for her behaviour because she shows what she feels but with Armaan, he betrayed her using her weakness. Mind you Jassi does not know how he got trapped in his own game. How can she so easily forgive him? Well she is beyond anything I can comprehend..

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 1:28am | IP Logged
I agree wit laksClap
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 3:09am | IP Logged
agree with lakshmi! Clap
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 10:22am | IP Logged

very well said laks....

while everyone shares different aspects of relationships...for me my parents have been the measure of wrong and right. over years me and my parents have disagreed on a number of issues, much to my disappointment they always turn out right(maybe bcoz while i am idealistic, they are more practical).they have got mad , hated me (so have i ) but we could never break apart. everytime i need something(from a recipe to advice on my life), i run to them. i don't think i could ever walk away from them whatever the circumstances(never if they were under fire for my mistakes),even if they threw me out.

unlike what queenbee said i don't take thier support for granted, i would be cold and lonely away from them...and would try to win thier approval before i go off on a revenge mission.

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 10:48am | IP Logged

After reading all the comments I dont think we can compare JJKN with real life anymore. 

1. Being a parent, I cannot imagine throwing  my daughter out of the house like Billo did before listening to her side of the story. I always tell my daughter no matter what she does I will stand by her. I will be extremely upset with her but never throw her out for sure.

2. As QB said Jassi should  have tried to win her parents approval first before she went on her revenge mission.

3. As anju said its not easy to forgive Armaan so easily in real life. I find it hard to forget what my ex did to me and forgive him so easily  too and on top of that live with him and take his help for my so called revenge is highly unlikely.

4. In all Hindi serials the human feelings are twisted to the maximum limit.  They have to show the extremes of revenge, love, sacrifice, rage, evil which is unlikely to happen in real life.

The irony is we still get hooked on these masala serials inspite of all the crap they show.

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:11am | IP Logged
couldn't have put it any better Laks and Puja....ClapClap

QB, I see ur point that a lot of times we take our family's love for granted. This is why we shout at them when we are angry at the world in general, take out our frustrations out on them knowing that they would still stand by u in think and thin..... However, most of us do not do so all the time and here is a certain balance in the relationship.....

what really bothers me abt this whole thing is, that not even once did Jassi try to put her family straight (I am not talking abt her feeble attempts on the phone with Billu), Billu was too angry with her to losten to her then....but anger cannot be sustained all the time....she could have bidden her time, come back and made them listen to her......Even Mallika succeeded in doing so .......but, once again she is too caught in how things are affecting her.....she didnt try to find out how her family was faring amidst the scandal....what she took into account was the fact that Billu was disowing her....

one would think that her family would have wanted to hear her side of the story, could she not have tried harder, repeatedly to get them to listen to her......no instead she runs off leaving them to face burdens which were actually hers to bear.....

If I didnt kow better, judging by her recent actions I would have believed all the gossip abt her to be true.....becasue she ran away, she changed herself to be someone she is not....leaving her parents to face questions, answers to which they have no knowledge of......
lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 11:43am | IP Logged

wow......i am not saying this just cos i posted this, but i think this whole discussion was very thought provoking and a total delight to read everyone's viewpoint......

back to the point....i agree on almost all points but one....-QB you mentioned that we all take our parents for granted as we know our relationship with them is too deep to get lost....but sometimes in some people's lives the relationship between children and parents can get affected especially when the children are of a mature age.....and this can leave both parties feeling extremely lonely and insecure.....like the famous saying goes.....

"sticks and stones cannot hurt you as much as solitude or silence from loved ones"

so all i felt was that jassi seemed a little too cool for comfort on the parents front....

Go to top