India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

sorta strange

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 10:51am | IP Logged
i find this sorta strange...i dont know - but from my personal experience....(i am in love as well) but jassi seems to remember armaan so often and she is hardly shown disturbed about the thought of her parents abandoning her(except for 1 call and once while with the dietician). if i felt that my parents abandoned me, i would be the loneliest person on earth and not keep dreaming on about my lover and his girlfriend. 

Sruthi Groupbie
Sruthi
Sruthi

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 11:00am | IP Logged

Remember after she meets Raj in her room she picks Babaji's picture and talks about how she wants to get back her familys izzat...she does care for her family...

She goes to bed after she talks to Raj remember how he tells her that Armaan fell in love with the wrong girl....he guilt came back..and that is why she is dreaming about Armaan.

By the by...who wouldnt dream of Armaan with hair or no straight hair or crooked teeth he is adorable...jassi comeback.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 11:04am | IP Logged

i know what you mean....and that is when armaan betrayed her and her parents stood by her for most part(if my parents were caught up in mess bcoz of my mistakes, guilt would haunt me every second of my life). incidentally indian tv and movies always seem to glorify love between gf/bf over other forms of love(parental,sisterly, maternal, friendly.....). what is even more odd is that she does not even contact nandu or the gang to find out the latest about her parents. but then jassi has always been shown to be crazy about armaan, she always takes her friends, family and even once fiance(purab) for granted. it is not the first time that armaan and gulmohar have taken precedence over all the other people in her life.another reason why i find her characterization very odd.

also it is said that love and hate are two sides of same coin. you end up hating a person with the same passion as you once loved him ,if you are ever betrayed.we don't see jassi hating (even a little bit)or even considering armaan as the reason of her woes.

however jjkn has no relation to real life or how people react in real world ....so well just think of it as a fantasy and enjoy.

Edited by pj04 - 01 April 2005 at 11:09am
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

i know what you mean....and that is when armaan betrayed her and her parents stood by her for most part(if my parents were caught up in mess bcoz of my mistakes, guilt would haunt me every second of my life). incidentally indian tv and movies always seem to glorify love between gf/bf over other forms of love(parental,sisterly, maternal, friendly.....). what is even more odd is that she does not even contact nandu or the gang to find out the latest about her parents. but then jassi has always been shown to be crazy about armaan, she always takes her friends, family and even once fiance(purab) for granted. it is not the first time that armaan and gulmohar have taken precedence over all the other people in her life.another reason why i find her characterization very odd.

This is a thought-provoking point of view, pj... actually, I don't find this that odd. Forget for a moment about Hindi serials glorifying bf/gf love (though it's 100% true). If I were in Jassi's position, shunned by my extremely demanding father for something bad I did which shook his faith in me, there is no doubt I would try and make him understand. But this is MY father we're talking about. I am the light of his life, the joy of his existence, I know him too well, I have spent all the years of my life knowing him and loving him. That would give me a sense of security I cannot find with any other relationship except my parents. Which is actually why I would trust in the fact that they will eventually come around. Family ties run too deep, too strong. I know that eventually, they are the only ones who will be there for me in times of trouble, even when they are hopping mad. Yes, I will feel guilty, but their love is like a security blanket around me, it just cannot be thrown away. This isn't what I call 'taking for granted', it's just a strong, loving feeling that I can count on them no matter what. Our love for each other is like a very, very old rock that can withstand all the rain, all the wind, all the years. In fact, I wouldn't LIKE my parents very much if I made a huge mistake and I had to think OMG I've really blown it nowCry.. they'll never take me backOuch.. I'm going to have to beg and cry... that would really make me mad and make me want to move on!!!

With Armaan on the other hand, she has no such sense of security and dependability. Of course, the mind tends to think most about what it most fears losing! And with Armaan, she has no idea where she stands. So in that sense, her deepest fear is of losing Armaan, not of losing her parents. Which is why he is constantly haunting her subconsious. What's to stop him from marrying or loving Mallika? I'm not talking merely about the romantic aspect of it - more the emotional one. What's to stop him from not needing her anymore, for anything, going happily on his way without a care for her? Wouldn't she find that really scary, considering how much she loves him?

Yep, it IS strange that Jassi didn't try and find out about them. Maybe she thought if she met Nandu he would be compelled by his love for Bebe/parents to inform them of her whereabouts. Anyway, she knows it won't be long before she goes back to Gulmohur and Mumbai and picks up the threads of her life.

also it is said that love and hate are two sides of same coin. you end up hating a person with the same passion as you once loved him ,if you are ever betrayed.we don't see jassi hating (even a little bit)or even considering armaan as the reason of her woes.

There's love, and then there's love! Can't generalize it for everyone, can we? Maybe her love is strong enough to weather this betrayal.

I read somewhere that psychologists say there are broadly  3-4 stages to getting over a betrayal.. denial, anger, depression and acceptance.. after which you just move on. We have seen Jassi go through all those stages. I don't think bitterness and grudging are necessarily a part of the cleansing process (maybe in her case, the final stage is revengeWink followed by forgiveness...)

however jjkn has no relation to real life or how people react in real world ....so well just think of it as a fantasy and enjoy.

Well, JJKN IS about human beingsTongue ... and all the ingredients of greed, love, vanity, ego, deceit, etc etc etc that go into the recipe for a good concoction are all present... just in strange proportions sometimes... Warning: can taste really weirdConfusedConfused

Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Too Good as usual QB... couldnt have said better....
rouble Senior Member
rouble
rouble

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
QB i wish u were making JJKN..it would have been so much better... i mean u just put it into right words. but i hope we didn't have to see raj-jassi marriage Wink
kdokka Senior Member
kdokka
kdokka

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Queenbee, that was again brilliant.
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
yea lyke othaz said..................QB u r da best.......u shud b da writer of jjkn n it wud b 10 no no 100 tymez betta...................lol...........u rok

Go to top