Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sun2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: lwfw

opti even i wondered why about that scene and rice.
i am not sure about the actual symbolism for rice getting used here
or kushi will enter RM only after cleared by shaym.

Opti - so happy to read your post - was looking forward to it:)

@Lwfw - I would like to pick your 2nd option - see above in blue. I too think this maybe it!!
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have a question for you. I am very puzzled about the mangalsutra scene where Khushi saves Anjali's mangalsutra. In the SBB segment Khushi also mentioned that that is a very important scene. From what I can understand, it seems as though Khushi will save Anjali's marriage. However, it really doesn't make sense logically. Khushi doesn't know it yet, but he actually did try to kill Khushi's father, I am curious to know what you make out of that scene combined with the rice symbolism.
MsCeylon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I don't know why but I feel quiet uneasy after watching that scene... it's like predicting something bad and inauspicious would happen in future for the Gupta family...
bfunofbb123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awesome observation interesting dear ohh i missed ur symbolism as it sounds apt i love reading it tanx!
preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
oh wow! But u think the CVs actually thought of all that when showng that?

brilliant post! thanks!
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: lwfw

opti even i wondered why about that scene and rice.
i was  trying to correlate with the use of rice in wedding and missing rice and shyam being the one go get it .

rice is kept in a glass and glass is kept  on the door and the girl entering house kicks it so that rice is spread around. 
people say that the far that goes its good and girl will spread the love .

i am not sure about the actual symbolism for rice getting used here
is it to say that because of shyam kushi will enter RM
or kushi will enter RM only after cleared by shaym.
or there was no symbolism , shyam was pulled into the scene so that he can meet Guptas

The rice used for grihapravesh (after the wedding) must hold a different meaning to the one which is used in the thali. 

Well I've already given my interpretation of that rice scene as I understood it after reading the significance of rice in the thali.  There could be other interpretations to it too.  I dont think that scene was just added without any meaning.  Anjali could have forgotten any of the other items in the thali, why emphasise on rice?  I feel it is more to do with the state of Anjali-Shyam relationship and how that is going to affect the Guptas as I explained in this post.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: preetijaiswal19

oh wow! But u think the CVs actually thought of all that when showng that?

brilliant post! thanks!

I'm not a CV so I cannot say what was going on their minds but I dont think the scene was just a meaningless addition.  What is its significance is left for us to guess.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: bidz

I have a question for you. I am very puzzled about the mangalsutra scene where Khushi saves Anjali's mangalsutra. In the SBB segment Khushi also mentioned that that is a very important scene. From what I can understand, it seems as though Khushi will save Anjali's marriage. However, it really doesn't make sense logically. Khushi doesn't know it yet, but he actually did try to kill Khushi's father, I am curious to know what you make out of that scene combined with the rice symbolism.

The way I see Khushi saving the mangalsutra is that her silence on the crook's misdeeds  will not only save Anjali's marriage but also perhaps save the crook's life because as per Indian customs, a wife has to remove her mangalsutra after her husband's death.  If Arnav comes to know what the crook did the two most precious women in his life (his sister and his love), he is sure to beat him to death.  Yes, Shyam did try to kill Shashi. If Shashi gets back his speech he can well send him to prison.  Would Khushi then stick by the crook?  I wonder.
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: -TomNJerry-

Thanks! This is beautiful and indepth.

No matter how much venom Sham's touch might have ... but eventually rice sprinkles shall always symbolize prosperity and blessings. 

True.  Although there will be turmoil once the truth (half truth comes out) eventually everything will lead up to a positive conclusion of this Shyam drama.
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Ur brilliant Opti! Even u noticed it but I didn't know much bout the Hindu rituals!
Thanks for the perfect interpretation! Hope Anjali rakes her mind soon!