Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Rice Symbolism - December 16 (Page 2)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zuzana

Thanks for posting Opti! I was wondering why they showed that scene..any idea on why she used the same rice to bless Payal and Kushi..

All I can think of is that Anjali's well meaning  blessings could well turn into problems for both Payal and Khushi for after all the rice was got by the snake. The revelation of the snake's truth (or rather half truth) could be dangerous for both of them.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gilgameshkitty25sun2011Zuzanasbk2

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:37am | IP Logged
I do not know about north India, but in Bengal - you  use rice with husk (dhaan) for puja and aarti purpose . You never use the de-husked rice ( chaal) . I
MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:38am | IP Logged
Great post as always Opti! I hope that the former two will come true NOT the latter! However, we ALL know the influance of Shyam in RM due to the "Blind faith" that Anjali and Raizada's have in Shyam!

SO, you never know how Snake will use this aganist the Gutpa's! He also knows that Gutpa's can ruin things for him! However, since they decided NOT to tell his truth to the R's and it comes out later, we dont know HOW he will try to twist the truth to suit his ends!

I am REALLY sick of Anjali's blindness and her self rightouse "Presumtion" that Khushi's fiancee broke up with HER, not the other way around! ALSO her self rightouse "Assumption" that she knows what's best for Arnav when HE says he does not want to committ to Lavanya!

This women would not know a fact if it hit her in the face! Every time she comes on screen now, I am cringing!

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 18 December 2011 at 1:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25sun2011

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

I do not know about north India, but in Bengal - you  use rice with husk (dhaan) for puja and aarti purpose . You never use the de-husked rice ( chaal) . I

As I said I am not familiar with any hindu rituals and had to use the net knowledge to write what I did here.  The pictures of thali have raw dehusked rice and not the one with husk. Maybe it is a north indian tradition. Since the families are from U.P., I think they would have used the dehusked rice although it is not clear in the video.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Brilliant analysis again Opti!

Actually I think rice is thrown at American weddings too, if I'm not mistaken. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25sun2011ZuzanaMrDarcyfan

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

Great post as always Opti! I hope that the former two will come true NOT the latter! However, we ALL know the influance of Shyam in RM due to the "Blind faith" that Anjali and Raizada's have in Shyam!

SO, you never know how Snake will use this aganist the Gutpa's! He also knows that Gutpa's can ruin things for him! However, since they decided NOT to tell his truth to the R's and it comes out later, we dont know HOW he will try to twist the truth to suit his ends!

I am REALLY sick of Anjali's blindness and her self rightouse "Presumtion" that Khushi's fiancee broke up with HER, not the other way around! ALSO her self rightouse "Assumption" that she knows what's best for Arnav when HE says he does not want to committ to Lavanya!

This women would not know a fact if it hit her in the face! Every time she comes on screen now, I am cringing!

The longer they maintain their silence, the worse it is going to be and as you said, Anjali assumed that the groom left her and not the other way around. Shyam can twist this in his favour saying that he was emotionally blackmailed into getting engaged to Khushi but his conscience did not permit him to lead a double life which is why he broke up with her. 

I still do not know how he will explain why he lived as a PG in their house when his wife kept waiting for him.  I too wondered why Khushi did not correct Anjali's misconception which hay have come from her own past experience of being left at the alter all those years ago. The only explanation I can come up with is that Khushi does not normally lie and hence would have found it difficult to not reveal the truth once she says that the engagement was broken by her because her fiance was already married. Any cross questions from Anjali would have made her spill the beans. So I guess she decided to hold her tongue and let Anjali assume what she wants.

As far as Anjali insisting that Arnav marries La, I can well understand where she is coming from. She herself has been jilted in the past and more recently she came to know that Khushi's engagement was also broken. Being a woman her sympathies will be with La. She still does not know the reason why Arnav broke up with La. She does not know that he has already developed feelings for Khushi which will make it impossible for a relationship with La or any other girl to work.  She knows that Arnav can be temperamental and she thinks that his resistance to the engagement is also part of his mood swings.  She cannot let his mood swings affect the life of a poor innocent girl. So like a responsible elder sister who wants to prevent her younger brother from committing a mistake he may well regret, she forces him to get engaged.  I wouldn't blame her for it. 

Edited by Opti - 18 December 2011 at 2:45am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Jordingilgameshspsharmilakitty25sun2011Zuzana.Sad.But.True.MrDarcyfan

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sbk2

Brilliant analysis again Opti!

Actually I think rice is thrown at American weddings too, if I'm not mistaken. 

I do not know about American weddings.  All I know is that they throw confetti in western weddings.
sweetygirl28 IF-Sizzlerz
sweetygirl28
sweetygirl28

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 2:11am | IP Logged
wow that was really good interpretation..

missed ur posts for quiet some time opti.. :)

Go to top