5 yrs on

samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Kyunki... 1,000 not out
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   April 1, 2005

Five years on, Star Plus' daily soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi still rolls full steam ahead.

This saga of the Virani parivaar has had its share of people being brought back from the dead, fake pregnancies, spells of amnesia and bouts of coma, tossed with legal wrangles and generous doses of those proverbial twists.

The Viranis have survived it all, and the show now reaches the 1,000th episode milestone on April 13.

The celebrations have begun for the Kyunki… team. As part of this special moment, Star Plus will telecast a one-hour special episode on April 14.

"It will be a nostalgia episode in which all the characters that have been part of the show will participate again. All those moments that defined the soap over the years will be highlighted," says Shailja Kejriwal, creative director, Star Plus.

What's interesting is that Ekta Kapoor, the brain behind Kyunki…, will feature in the soap sharing with the viewers the journey of the mother of all Balaji soaps and trendsetter for several more saas-bahu sagas on the tube.
Says a jubilant Kapoor, "Kyunki… is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I will be on the show with the four generations of bahus questioning me on their characters."

As Kapoor will share screen space with Ba, Savita,Tulsi, Mihir, Ansh and the gang, there will also be a special Kyunki… contest for viewers along with an anniversary track recorded for the landmark episode. The shoot for this special episode is slated to begin next week.

That brings us to the obvious question will the Kyunki… saga ever end? "We'd like it to touch the 2,000th episode mark to create another milestone," says Kejriwal. "In fact, with the introduction of every new character, one story ends and another begins."

Incidentally, Star Plus' afternoon soap Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka had also touched the 1,000th episode mark. This was also its last episode before the soap wrapped up. So that makes Kyunki… the longest running soap.

shaheen@mid-day.com

Top moments of Kyunki...

The sudden death of Mihir and his coming back to life
Ara ra ra… Dakshaben walks out of the show
The entry of Gomzi, Mihir and Tulsi's son
Tulsi spotting Mandira in Australia
Mandira staging Tulsi's kidnap drama
The realisation that Ansh is Tulsi's second son
Tulsi killing Ansh
Tulsi being jailed for the murder
Baa recovering from near death
Nandini lying in a coma
Karan marrying Tanya

*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Wow...5years...and i haven't even seen one episode of KSBKBT!Cry
shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Thx for sharing!

xxR.S.Dxx Groupbie
xxR.S.Dxx
xxR.S.Dxx

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

thx 4 sharingSmile

shrutibali IF-Rockerz
shrutibali
shrutibali

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
i hr episode that means no KTH on 14th??Ouch
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
thanks for the info.  wow 5 years thats a long time
romaila IF-Addictz
romaila
romaila

Posted: 01 April 2005 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
thanx for sharing
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 7:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jelly_1984

Wow...5years...and i haven't even seen one episode of KSBKBT!Cry

LOLneither have i

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index