India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Your fav in top 3 II2 contestants...

malathi2100 Groupbie
malathi2100
malathi2100

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:02am | IP Logged

Hi all members, I am starting this post so we can end all this contestant bashing and concentrate all our feedback (good and bad) in an optimal way.

Earnest request is to be objective and answer the following questions honestly.  Please stay away from insulting or abusive language while listing any weakness.  You should provide the feedback for weaknesses as constructive criticism (like the judges would(actually better, they can be rude sometimes)).

Your comments should be frank but not insulting.  Here is a test on being gracious.

Please answer the following questions (remember frank but gracious)

1. Your favorite of the current top 3:

Why is he your favorite?

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

2. Second preferance:

Why?

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

3 Last preference

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Edited by malathi2100 - 30 March 2006 at 12:12pm

harshmm IF-Dazzler
harshmm
harshmm

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by malathi2100

Hi all members, I am starting this post so we can end all this contestant bashing and concentrate all our feedback (good and bad) in an optimal way.

Earnest request is to be objective and answer the following questions honestly.  Please stay away from insulting or abusive language while listing any weakness.  You should provide the feedback for weaknesses as constructive criticism (like the judges would(actually better, they can be rude sometimes)).

Your comments should be frank but not insulting.  Here is a test on being gracious.

1. Your favorite of the current top 3:

Why is he your favorite?

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

2. Second preferance:

Why?

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

3 Last preference

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Hi Malathi,

Good post, here are my answers. As I never focus on a weakness in any human being, I wouldn't like to answer the second part of all three questions, I will answer the strengths part.

1. Your favorite of the current top 3: Karunya

Why is he your favorite? : Love to listen to him,  I have cut CD of all his Gala performances and I love all his songs.

Strengths: Sweet voice, very very soothing to ears, Tremendous breath control, sings high and low notes very very easily. Has a superb grasp of sur!

Weaknesses:

2. Second preferance: Sandeep

Why? Humble and down to earth

Strengths: Best voice quality, very very appealing voice.

Weaknesses:

3 Last preference: Anuj

Why? Gaon ki Khushboo, very down to earth

Strengths: Very good in high as well as low tones. Very good in sur.

Weaknesses:

malathi2100 Groupbie
malathi2100
malathi2100

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Ok my answers below:

Why is he your favorite? Will do justice to the Indian Idol title, most deserving of the three in terms of potential and talent.

Most amazing singer I have heard in the talent programs. Charms me with each performance, touches my heart, very honest and entertaining.

Strengths: He is truly talented, rocks the listeners, makes you wanna dance, takes you in a trance, god gifted, hardworking, honest, sincere, good dancer, great performer, loved the way he connected with the crowd in the cafe rounds.

Weaknesses:Not diplomatic

2. Second preferance:Sandeep.

Why?Better than Anuj

Strengths: Great voice quality, can sing well and in sur sometimes and if he really tries. Sounds good on the microphone, seems like a gracious guy.

Weaknesses:Limited capacity for singing... Uncomfortable while doing harkats and aalaps. Not consistent.

Strengths: Fan following, looks, voice is good for some songs. Sang the piano round song well. Is trying hard after coming in top 3.

Weaknesses:Cannot be in sur many times. Sounds strained sometimes.

Edited by malathi2100 - 30 March 2006 at 10:15am
malathi2100 Groupbie
malathi2100
malathi2100

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Thanks Harshm... The weaknesses section is Optional and all are welcome to skip it.

Like I said if you still want to include the weakness include it as constructive criticism...something that will help the contestants if they were to read it.
Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Hey,nice thread!
My analysis is based on singing only (don't care too much about this so called complete package idea, so no comments on personality)

Favourite: Karunya
Strengths: technically great, very surila, very good breath control
Weaknesses: lacks expression and emotion in singing some times, haven't impressed me in soft,melodious songs, and personally I prefer deeper, more masculine voices.

I can't really choose between Sandeep and Anuj, because Anuj has better control on his voice and sur, but I like Sandeep's voice quality better. Anuj's voice doesn't suit   many kinds of songs, whereas Sandeep is very inconsistent with sur.

Hopefully I haven't been unfair to anyone.
anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by malathi2100

Why is he your favorite? Because he sings really well

Strengths: consistent, good at high notes, good stage presence and connect with audience

Weaknesses: need to improve in soft romantic numbers

2. Second preferance: Sandeep

Strengths: nice playback voice

Weaknesses: repetitive style

Strengths: good folk singer

Weaknesses: only good at folk singing

craZEEinlove IF-Rockerz
craZEEinlove
craZEEinlove

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:48pm | IP Logged

This is nothin to do wit singing..its just my order of preference! Smile

1. Your favorite of the current top 3: SandeeeeeeP!!!!

Why is he your favorite? cuz..hes justt special too mee!! i like his voiice, smile, personalityy, looks, innocense, performance, BASICALLYYY EVERYTHINGGGG!!!!!

Strengths: He can relate to the audience his boy-next-door looks, and he has tha best voice! and plus hes relee cuute! ANd hee gota really niice persaonlity..humble, down2earth, funny, innocent, honest, loyal, frndly..ukno

Weaknesses: uhh hes not that great dancer..hehe

2. Second preferance: Anuj

Why? I think he is a rele niice guy..thats y.. I like nice ppl! lol

Strengths: He can sing Punjabi songs rele good..and I guess ppl like his nasal voice..like HImesh RAshimiya's voice! lol

Weaknesses: Hee sumtimes goes out of sur..

3 Last preference: Karunyaa

Strengths: Hes complimented by everyone and he is a mindblowing singer!

Weaknesses: sumtimes he needs to feel his songs more..but I just dont like him THAT much..ionoo hes just mysteriouss to mee?

see Im soo differnt n special! lol while all u r crazii for Karu and hate Anuj and dont relee liike Sandyy.. I luv Sandy, kinda like Anuj, and dont rele liike Karu that much...wow! lol I'm relee unique riite

Edited by ReXLoVeR - 30 March 2006 at 4:50pm
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
My Fav is KARUNYA... with all his streangth n weakness.. nobody is perfect right... Smile Smile Smile

Go to top