India-Forums

Saat Phere (Saath Phere)
Saat Phere (Saath Phere)

Saloni's behaviour - disgusting !!!!

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:17am | IP Logged

I am so disturbed to see the treatment meted out to Saloni by Brijesh, and even more disturbed to see Saloni meekly submitting to the injustice and not standing up for herself !!!!!!

I feel the one who takes injustice is as much as fault as the one who does it !!!

Listening to elders is fine and respecting their wishes is great. But bowing to mental torture in the name of family honour and insulting your own parents........where have we reduced our society to??? These regressive themes in these serials thoroughly disgust me !!!!!

What message are these terrible themes giving out to those tender girls growing up all over India? That once you get married it's Ok to be rude and hurting to your parents if asked by the high and mighty in laws?? That once married the so called daughter in laws are slaves?? That parents can be belittled at the whims at the so called in law 'elders' ?? That you are younger member in a household, you have no self respect and can be insulted at will ? That your mother or father might die and you don't have to care because you are a bahu??

No wonder female infanticide in India is so rampant. Why bother to bring up a girl at all who would turn against you in the name of a family she has come to know for a handful of days ?

Why can't we have progressiv themes where the girls learn to balance between respect and having a mind of their own as well? Have the self esteem and realise that she too is an individual with needs and thoughts and an adult who will take a few decisions of her own whether her family members like it or not and they in return learn to accept it as well??? Why can't we have younger members of a family respectfully declining to carry out discriminating, offensive and oppresive 'orders' ? To top it, any female who is shown to have an independent thinking has to someone as evil as Kaveri. Which means, in India, ONLY evil females have a mind of their own. The rest all are herds of goats tied to the barn to produce offsprings !!!!

I am thoroughly, utterly disgusted. And I have seldom despised a character more than Saloni in these past two episodes.

Edited by Minnie - 30 March 2006 at 8:22am

Soruj Senior Member
Soruj
Soruj

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:53am | IP Logged
i totally agree with you.If saloni could insult her own parents for the sake of someone shes only known for a short time then shes a stigma in the name of a daughter.
respecting her in laws is one thing but insulting her parents for the sake of her in laws is another.i just cant releate to saloni's character,are the producers trying to portray someone weak and confused?
Thats the main difference between a parents love for their children and childrens love for their parents..
parents would never allow somone to speak ill regarding their children,infact i dont think anyone would have the courage to do that..where as children would stand there without uttering a word!!
i dont blame brijesh or anyone from Nahar's family...i blame Saloni for allowing them to say something about her parents
Angry 

Edited by Soruj - 30 March 2006 at 8:55am
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Soruj

i totally agree with you.If saloni could insult her own parents for the sake of someone shes only known for a short time then shes a stigma in the name of a daughter.
respecting her in laws is one thing but insulting her parents for the sake of her in laws is another.i just cant releate to saloni's character,are the producers trying to portray someone weak and confused?
Angry 

Add to that being a spineless mindless wimp, who does not think twice to raise a hand on her elder bhabhi (we know she is evil, Saloni does not, and to all means and purpose, Kaveri did the right thing no matter what her intentions were). Talk about double standards !!!! Dead

kajol'sthebest Groupbie
kajol'sthebest
kajol'sthebest

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
saloni's stupid. she's responsible for her own tears!
aNnIe:-) Newbie
aNnIe:-)
aNnIe:-)

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
u guyz r u right
i agree 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000% :) smart people
pinkpanther21 Senior Member
pinkpanther21
pinkpanther21

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Angry YEAH THEY PORTRAY AS A WEAK PERSON! Angry
ExoticDivinity2 Senior Member
ExoticDivinity2
ExoticDivinity2

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
But we also can't forget that men are the same way. Some men dont stand up for themselves either and either do what their in-laws want them to do, or misbehave with their wives. You can't clap with one hand. It takes two hands to clap, hence, it takes two people to do things like that. Saloni portrayed what our customs want women to be, which is wrong. There is respect for the family and then respect for yourself and she didn't have her self respect. Men act the same way with their families and in laws as well. We should not forget that.
Oh and sorry to say, but Kaveri deserved that slap and there will be a lot more where that came from. It is because of her that all of this happened in the first place with Shubra and Saloni. Had she actually been a nice bahu, nothing bad would've happened. She is the ill-giver of the household. I'm glad Manno Bhabhi tells her that she is the reason that there is no peace in their house.
kajol'sthebest Groupbie
kajol'sthebest
kajol'sthebest

Posted: 31 March 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Dingaan11

No matter what, Kaveri (evil or not) was for once right. And your articles say precisely what I feel. What gutless wonders our women are made out to be. And the messages sent out to our youngsters are wrong. I wish Producers will show the women to have minds of their own and not be wimps as they currently are. Shubra was another evil creature. She got her lesson in good time. Whether Kaveri was there or not, her nature was rotten all along and she only changed now. I feel now that Brijesh has become a villian and is shown not to be Mr Nice guy at all (no wonder his wife treats him that way), they should bring out a good side of Kaveri. What are we going to do with villians running all over the show. And for heaven sake, we saw Rimjhim as a spineless creature but even she was not as bad as what Saloni insulting her parents and slapping her bhabi is like. And dont forget we have action replay in most of the indian serials. Different faces and situations but all tearful spineless females. India does not respect females it seems. They all made out to be so weak. I applaud the articles above as they put it nicely in words. Could not have done better myself.

I agree with you completely. but i do think that rimjhim was way better than saloni or kkusum or all the other women. Rimjhim has brains. she knows when and how to act appropriately. yes, she is very soft natured and respectful to everyone, but as soon as she sees injustice she doesn't care who it is. look at all the pain shubhra caused saloni, all the insult, the insolence, and stupid saloni never said a word. but look at rimjhim, even though she knew megha hated her, she was always strict with her and gave her the right discipline. and in time, megha got to realize the value of her mother.  she wasn't even scared to speak up against naina devi, the so called powerful politician. we also see her shooting malini  and strangling shweta. and the way she gave shweta the taste of her medicine, the tactics she used to get her to the mental asylum was down right smart!! saloni is nothing compared to rimjhim, rimjhim fought right till the end, and before she left the world, everybody got to realize her worth. you can't just sit around and wait for ppl to give u repsect and love like saloni does, because the world is a cruel place. you have to earn your respect. of course over time, everybody gets to know the nature of a nice person, but in the meantime you need to be stern so that people don't step all over you like a door mat. I would have to stay rimjhim is my fav. character, and saloni needs to go a long way before she can gain the same amount of respect from me. niceness and kindless is all fine and dandy, but not at the expense of your self respect.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top