India-Forums

Phulwa
Phulwa

can someone PLEASE answer my questions? New here

Amen29 Groupbie
Amen29
Amen29

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and very, very new to this show. Let's just say that I heard about it about a couple of days back (was sort of living under a rock until thenTongue).  I got very intrigued by the concept of a girl bandit (sort of like Robin hood). The thing is I am catching up from when adult phulwa was introduced cause it's going to be a pain to start from the very beginning. I am aware of the basic plot but can someone PLEASE PLEASE answer these questions for me

1) I know Phulwa got married at a young age of 11 to Shankar. I just want to know what sort of a relationship did these two have so I can better  understand the sort of emotions adult phulwa is coming in with. Was it like foster brother/sister relationship which was eventually going to develop into love if Shankar had not died or was it more of a teacher/ student relationship since I have heard the child phulwa call him "Masterji" in some video segments and the whole "Teri dewani" video on youtube confused me even more about their relationship. I mean what sort of emotions does a 11 YEAR OLD have for her husband? 

2) In wikipedia it says, "In her fight against injustice created by the Thakurs of Chambal, she loses her innocence at the age of 11". Umm...what does this line mean?? Every time I read it, I get lost Confused. There are so many forms of innocence that I have no idea which one they are referring to. Does she lose her emotional innocence/ physical innocence? Forced to not have a childhood due to her marriage at such a young age?? Can someone just give this line a meaning for me.  

3) Why does Phulwa hate Bade Thakur so much? I thought the initial spat was with chotte thakur (or was it with both?). I know it was the Thakurs that killed Shankar (or am I wrong there too?). 

4) In the present course of the show, there is this girl (have not heard her name yet) who is always planning revenge against Phulwa with Bade Thakur. Who is she and why does she want revenge? 

Sorry for the long postEmbarrassed. I guess you can tell how unaware I am with the details of the show and thank you in advance for answering my questions. I was really embarrassed to ask these questions since the beginning portion of this show  deals with such sensitive topics so I hope none of you find these questions offensive. Hope to catch up soon. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pressutiny15

vita93 Goldie
vita93
vita93

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Wow well you're in for a treat coz the older Phulwa segment is entirely dependent on what happened to her 10 years ago. If possible you should rewatch older episodes to get a better idea of who she was, her life etc.

1) As an 11-year old she obviously had no idea what marriage actually meant (btw, he didn't put the sindoor on her head, it was the bade thakur who put it there but blamed shankar for it). But she had to leave her home and stay with him and his family. Shankar initially could not see her and he felt annoyed with her and whatever she did, but I think she looked up to him more like a caretaker/protector? Eventually he came to realise that she was not at fault for their situation, and grew to care for her. In the end, he died saving her from the thakur.

2) Emotional innocence because she lost almost her whole family to the thakurs.

3) I can't state exactly which thakur killed whom, but you can assume the both to have been working together. Well, for starters, they killed off Shankar's sister who was supposed to have married the chotte thakur but married bhawani instead. In order to trap Shankar, they kidnapped Phulwa and kept her in their house for a while. There's one scene where the Thakur forced her to see, at one shot, the dead bodies of her mother, father, older sister and the sister's husband. At the end, while she was escaping, Shankar was shot from the back by chotte thakur.

Basically she has no family left other than her brother, babu, because the Thakurs killed off everyone else.

4) Her name is Sharbati and she's the Chote Thakur's widow. Thing is that Phulwa kidnapped the chote thakur and tortured him and was about to kill him when sharbati fell to her feet and asked to spare his life. She decided to leave him and was walking away when he picked up a gun and shot her, so she turned away and killed him in self-defense. Yup, so she's out to get Phulwa for killing her husband.

She was present in the show before, Shankar's older brother's wife's younger sis. But her character has changed considerably from then.

Hope it helped!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pressutiny15

Amen29 Groupbie
Amen29
Amen29

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vita93

Wow well you're in for a treat coz the older Phulwa segment is entirely dependent on what happened to her 10 years ago. If possible you should rewatch older episodes to get a better idea of who she was, her life etc.

1) As an 11-year old she obviously had no idea what marriage actually meant (btw, he didn't put the sindoor on her head, it was the bade thakur who put it there but blamed shankar for it). But she had to leave her home and stay with him and his family. Shankar initially could not see her and he felt annoyed with her and whatever she did, but I think she looked up to him more like a caretaker/protector? Eventually he came to realise that she was not at fault for their situation, and grew to care for her. In the end, he died saving her from the thakur.

2) Emotional innocence because she lost almost her whole family to the thakurs.

3) I can't state exactly which thakur killed whom, but you can assume the both to have been working together. Well, for starters, they killed off Shankar's sister who was supposed to have married the chotte thakur but married bhawani instead. In order to trap Shankar, they kidnapped Phulwa and kept her in their house for a while. There's one scene where the Thakur forced her to see, at one shot, the dead bodies of her mother, father, older sister and the sister's husband. At the end, while she was escaping, Shankar was shot from the back by chotte thakur.

Basically she has no family left other than her brother, babu, because the Thakurs killed off everyone else.

4) Her name is Sharbati and she's the Chote Thakur's widow. Thing is that Phulwa kidnapped the chote thakur and tortured him and was about to kill him when sharbati fell to her feet and asked to spare his life. She decided to leave him and was walking away when he picked up a gun and shot her, so she turned away and killed him in self-defense. Yup, so she's out to get Phulwa for killing her husband.

She was present in the show before, Shankar's older brother's wife's younger sis. But her character has changed considerably from then.

Hope it helped!

Thanks a lot. This really helps. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pressu

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top