Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 64)

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 2:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by alia

i think thts quiet a good idea....
v will go in a one game>one debate>one game>one debate order...
if thts fine with u guyz...
do come up with some good games which will b started once this debate ends Smile

thats a nice ideaSmile

so now v r going 2 play a game...aahh..that will refreah my brain nowWinkLOLBig smile after discussing so much on harry's death topicEmbarrassedLOLTongue

so let me think...LOL

Naughty_n_nice IF-Rockerz
Naughty_n_nice
Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 2:50am | IP Logged

So if we're starting a game now,,,,, when shud we give out the results of best debator, and winning team???

I have the siggies ready, you know...!
Wink

Let me know.........

Cheers Wink

P.S. about the game....... I'm thinking...........let's see if i get sum gud enough suggestions Wink

--Samyukta--

Edited by coolgal13 - 27 April 2006 at 2:51am
alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 4:41am | IP Logged
the winner will b announced on the 5th of may as per our b'day girl's wish...
am going through the debate and once i make my report Wink i will PM u abt the winner and the winning team...

BTW u kno wht guyz the debate is hanging in mid-air--- not ended yet>> so u guyz can still continue Tongue
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:32am | IP Logged
well , i really enjoyed debating ... cant wait for the next one !
um ..... next topic , how about " Snape's loyalties" or "Did Dumbledore ask snape to kill him" ... or has it already been debated upon ?
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by achal

Originally posted by lunza

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

nice point i must say achal.... but I still thin it doesn't fit that only a scar a part of da whole is da hocrux not da whole, sounds a bit absurd to me. I mean because that is sumthin we have not seen before....
So it is a bit difficult to belive.

tejas

well ya , even i was thinking about that ... horcruxes are made outta objects ( living/non living) right ? and the scar ... sure it is special , hurts when voldy is near and all that ..... but it is more or less like a bruise or a birthmark on the body ....

thaz why i think it wud make more sense... if horcuxes have some special mark ... and when they are "destroyed" they become plain , ordinary objects again ... they are no more horcruxes ... so if the scar is a mark of him being a horcrux , then when harry is no more a horcrux .. then he might live , but the scar in his head mite no longer be there .....

actually , the phrase "destroy a horcrux" itself is confusing me ... i mean what happened wid the ring that dumbly destroyed ? we never get to know .... does destroy mean jus making it dissappear ? well i dont think so, the diary dint dissappear right ? harry showed it to dumbly late on ...

Destroying, I think, only means killing the soul within that object... Remember in the second book, Harry uses the snake's poisonous teeth and just attacks the diary with his, so that the soul died, but the object still remained.. In case of the ring, what might have happened might be that Dumbledore might have been using some kind of poision or something to kill the soul within that ring, and that same poison might have caused his hand to be the way it was.. So, if they tried to take that scar out of Harry, or take the soul out of that scar, than it might end up bring very dangerous for Harry..

About horcruxes having special marks, it might be possible.. Maybe it is something small, and barely noticable.. I dunno about that... And also when u're talking about that u're forgetting that we're saying the scar is the horcrux, not Harry, so it might be imposible for the scar to have a mark referring that it is a hrocrux, or it might even be the real mark of the horcrux.. Meaning that since this horcrux wasn't supposed to be made by Voldy, maybe when it was accidentally created, it took that shape (the mark of the horcrux), and rested on Harry's head?

well that again brings us back to two basic questions ... can a scar be made into a horcrux ? and can a love shield create a horcrux ?

according to what we saw in the sixth book horcruxes are made outta objects which already exist ... and the scar is not a part of harry's original features ... it was created on that fateful night at godric's hollow... so what did voldy do ? did he simultaneously first "accidently create" a scar on harry's forehead and then again "accidently" make it into a horcrux ?

damn you slughorn !!! you could have given us more info on the horcruxes !

btw , i luv debating wid u !!!LOL 

Naughty_n_nice IF-Rockerz
Naughty_n_nice
Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged

Yup, OK, Alia......

The debate is in such full josh!!!

I really can't analise anything!!!!!!!!!!!

But sum stuff, i got clear,.......waitin 4 ur report then...

Cheers!

Samyukta Wink
alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged

i see tht none of the team is ready to back off...
and both r VERY good at it....

so i officially END the debate with my post...
NO MORE ARGUING, NO MORE AGREEING...
its already difficult please dont make it more difficult for us to get the resultsEmbarrassed
the results will b out on the 5TH of MAY... >> no bugging the judges with PM's and asking again and again when will they be out please Embarrassed

neother queries regarding the debate do feel free to PM me, sam or manshi about itSmile

nething else can b discussed now>> like what game u guyz wanna play or nething regarding HP....

Edited by alia - 27 April 2006 at 10:02am
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 27 April 2006 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Oh ok...so debate is over...Great job everyone! Clap

I have a suggestion: Next time you could make a new thread which says TEC Debate: and the topic. You could post a link to the debate in this thread. Smile

It'll be easier than scrolling through the pages to find the start of the debate.

Go to top