Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 62)

daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
k me confused as to wat u guys are discussing Confused

albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by achal

Originally posted by ashi_rox

I was thinking of closing the debate on 5th May as it my birthday and plus my exams r getting over that day Big smile . anyone has any problem wid the date???????

5th May sounds good to me, ten more days (about) should be more than enough..

And, Happy early Birthday!!Tongue

yeah 5th may sounds gr8 enough....

tejas

daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by albusdumbledore

I was thinking of closing the debate on 5th May as it my birthday and plus my exams r getting over that day Big smile . anyone has any problem wid the date???????

tejas

but but...wat are we discussing... arrey plz tell me Confused
alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by daniel_4ever

tejas

but but...wat are we discussing... arrey plz tell me Confused

discussing abt endin the debate on 5th maySmile

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lunza

Originally posted by zara29

Well, I dunno about this one, but I guess because it was just a scar that was a horcrux, it had a lesser influence than having your whole body possesed by someone else..

in dat case Voldy must have even lesser control over Nagini becoz dere is no mention of Nagini even having dat (a scar) so 1 scar less control.... no scar even more less control... rite .....

No! I'm trying to say that scar is the horcrux, not Harry himself. So, having just a scar as a horcrux has a little influence than having Harry, himself, as a horcrux.. As for Nagini, there is not a scar on her that's the horcrux, she, herself is the horcrux, so that is different than having part of you that's a horcrux... It has less influence....

yup! achal..this is wat we two hav been saying again & again that its just Harry's scar that is the horcrux...his scar possessz voldy's soul...& harry has has his own soul too..therefre it has less influence upon him....also thats y...He has just few qualities of voldy...Embarrassed

well , that depends on whether scars and wounds and bruises and fingernails can be made into horcruxes or not ....LOL

ok , sorry for the sarcasm Embarrassed .... on a more serious note , achal is arguing FOR harry dying ... so if the scar is a horcrux then Harry is not (except for the fact that it is stuck on harry's forehead ) so does harry necessarily need to die for the scar to go ?

Here's my answer:

Also I think it is not necessary to kill/destroy a hocrux in order to destroy the concealed soul in it.... we can merely (maybe) remove da concealed soul n destroy it.... (as we see in the ring hocrux case, the ring is not destroyed but the soul concealed in it is by dumby) So even if Harry is a Hocrux it is not neccesarrily meant that he's got to die.... they can simply remove the concealed soul in him n destroy it....

Valid point again, but we have to remember that before this we were only dealing with non-living things that were Voldemort's horcruxes. I'm sure it'll take a lot of effort and a very powerful spell to remove a soul from a horcrux.. Remember when Dumbledore tried to remove the soul from the ring, his whole hand, on which he was wearing the ring, was destroyed. And, that was only when he was wearing the horcrux.. Now imagine what would happen if you were the horcrux, or part of you, like your scar is the horcrux, and you're trying to remove the soul from it.. It is also important that Harry's scar is on his forehead, since if they tried to remove the soul from his scar, then his brain, the most important part of the body will be destroyed.. If this is tried, then Harry's whole body could be useless, and it might be worse than dying for him, or he might die.. So, it'll be better for him to just commit suicide in this case..

very good point achal..!ClapSmile...i.e Harry's scar is the horcrux..& its on his forehead...so obviously if sum1 tried to remove voldy's soul from his scar,harry's brain will be destroyed...[coz as v know in that ring case..DD's hand was destroyed]...so its most likely 4 harry 2 die....than 2 go through sucha terrible pain...Embarrassed

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 26 April 2006 at 3:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lunza

nice point i must say achal.... but I still thin it doesn't fit that only a scar a part of da whole is da hocrux not da whole, sounds a bit absurd to me. I mean because that is sumthin we have not seen before....
So it is a bit difficult to belive.

tejas

well ya , even i was thinking about that ... horcruxes are made outta objects ( living/non living) right ? and the scar ... sure it is special , hurts when voldy is near and all that ..... but it is more or less like a bruise or a birthmark on the body ....

thaz why i think it wud make more sense... if horcuxes have some special mark ... and when they are "destroyed" they become plain , ordinary objects again ... they are no more horcruxes ... so if the scar is a mark of him being a horcrux , then when harry is no more a horcrux .. then he might live , but the scar in his head mite no longer be there .....

actually , the phrase "destroy a horcrux" itself is confusing me ... i mean what happened wid the ring that dumbly destroyed ? we never get to know .... does destroy mean jus making it dissappear ? well i dont think so, the diary dint dissappear right ? harry showed it to dumbly late on ...

Destroying, I think, only means killing the soul within that object... Remember in the second book, Harry uses the snake's poisonous teeth and just attacks the diary with his, so that the soul died, but the object still remained.. In case of the ring, what might have happened might be that Dumbledore might have been using some kind of poision or something to kill the soul within that ring, and that same poison might have caused his hand to be the way it was.. So, if they tried to take that scar out of Harry, or take the soul out of that scar, than it might end up bring very dangerous for Harry..

yup! v already discussed ths point that if sum1 try 2 destroy the soul which harry's scar possesses...It might destroy harry's brain & it wud be more dangerous 4 himEmbarrassed

About horcruxes having special marks, it might be possible.. Maybe it is something small, and barely noticable.. I dunno about that... And also when u're talking about that u're forgetting that we're saying the scar is the horcrux, not Harry, so it might be imposible for the scar to have a mark referring that it is a hrocrux, or it might even be the real mark of the horcrux.. Meaning that since this horcrux wasn't supposed to be made by Voldy, maybe when it was accidentally created, it took that shape (the mark of the horcrux), and rested on Harry's head?

yeh!me too think the same that the night when voldy killed potters...& when he tried 2 kill harry...the spell backfired &  his soul split into two so this accidently tranferred voldy's soul 2  harry's scar & it took that shape[the mark of horcrux]

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 26 April 2006 at 3:06am | IP Logged

i dont hav any problem with this dateSmile

btw Manshi,Happy birthday in adavanceBig smileHug

daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 26 April 2006 at 7:32am | IP Logged
btw ppl... i was wondering....

what are we discussing bout.. i m so confused...

too confused for my own good!! LOL   LOL

Go to top