Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 60)

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hazelgirl

Originally posted by lunza

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

Originally posted by achal

But why would he want to? It would be much easier to just kill than have a horcrux as an enemy.. If he had attempted to remove his soul first, then Harry might've done something to harm Voldy before he could do anything.. He couldn't just waste his time doing that.. I know that Voldy loves him too much, but he also knows that he has many other horcruxes.. He doesn't yet know that Harry already knows about his horcruxes, so hw wouldn't think twice about destroying one od his own horcruxes that was a threat to him, just for the sake of his other souls.. Why would he waste his time thinking about a soul of his that is within his enemy?

see we have already seen dat Harry is no match for Voldy. even in da graveyard we see dat Voldy is merely playin around wid Harry till he decides to kill him... Harry merely survives becoz of Priori Incantatem then. So if you say that Harry would have done sumthin to harm voldy that sounds a very indistinct possibility to me (or in dat case even to the most eternal optimist) Y i say this is becoz in da numerous times Harry has met Voldy it is always voldy who has harmed (or tried to) Harry never da other way round (except in da atrium of da MoM, where also he was able to possess Harry long enough to scare Dumbledore)

Well ya , Harry doesnt stand a chance against voldy if he

fights by the conventional and orthodox kinda means

lyk proper duelling , bcuz harry will be dead faster than he can say expelliarmus ...

and one more thing is that harry has always

survived his fights wid voldy mainly due to sheer luck

and his sharp reflexes .... and also stalling for time by talking wid voldy and the death eaters...

quite agree with u but it was not entirely his sheer luck...no doubt that he has sharp reflexes but the time when he met Voldy..it was coz of the golden web from which his parents and others came out.....so...its not his luck entirely...

but thaz my point ... harry was lucky that both their wands have the same cores ... hence the priori incantatem happened ... he never expected anything like that to happen ... in fact he was prepared to die fighting ... he said expelliarmus evn though he knew that it cant block the AVK ... he has been lucky on many other occasions too ... like when fawkes and the sorting hat came to his rescue , and when dumbledore saved his life at the end of first and fifth book ... and even in half blood prince ... if dumbledore hadnt stunned him , he wud have tried to fight ... and some death eater wud have harmed him ...

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 1:50am | IP Logged

nice point i must say achal.... but I still thin it doesn't fit that only a scar a part of da whole is da hocrux not da whole, sounds a bit absurd to me. I mean because that is sumthin we have not seen before....
So it is a bit difficult to belive.

tejas

well ya , even i was thinking about that ... horcruxes are made outta objects ( living/non living) right ? and the scar ... sure it is special , hurts when voldy is near and all that ..... but it is more or less like a bruise or a birthmark on the body ....

thaz why i think it wud make more sense... if horcuxes have some special mark ... and when they are "destroyed" they become plain , ordinary objects again ... they are no more horcruxes ... so if the scar is a mark of him being a horcrux , then when harry is no more a horcrux .. then he might live , but the scar in his head mite no longer be there .....

actually , the phrase "destroy a horcrux" itself is confusing me ... i mean what happened wid the ring that dumbly destroyed ? we never get to know .... does destroy mean jus making it dissappear ? well i dont think so, the diary dint dissappear right ? harry showed it to dumbly late on ...

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 2:00am | IP Logged
well , i dont remember hu said it ... but sum one ( i think it is tejas , not sure though )talked about voldy not trying to remove his soul from harry ...
i was jus wondering whether you cud do that ... i mean transfer your soul from one horcrux to another ...
i dont remember dumbly or sluggy saying anything about it...
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zara29

Well, I dunno about this one, but I guess because it was just a scar that was a horcrux, it had a lesser influence than having your whole body possesed by someone else..

in dat case Voldy must have even lesser control over Nagini becoz dere is no mention of Nagini even having dat (a scar) so 1 scar less control.... no scar even more less control... rite .....

No! I'm trying to say that scar is the horcrux, not Harry himself. So, having just a scar as a horcrux has a little influence than having Harry, himself, as a horcrux.. As for Nagini, there is not a scar on her that's the horcrux, she, herself is the horcrux, so that is different than having part of you that's a horcrux... It has less influence....

yup! achal..this is wat we two hav been saying again & again that its just Harry's scar that is the horcrux...his scar possessz voldy's soul...& harry has has his own soul too..therefre it has less influence upon him....also thats y...He has just few qualities of voldy...Embarrassed

well , that depends on whether scars and wounds and bruises and fingernails can be made into horcruxes or not ....LOL

ok , sorry for the sarcasm Embarrassed .... on a more serious note , achal is arguing FOR harry dying ... so if the scar is a horcrux then Harry is not (except for the fact that it is stuck on harry's forehead ) so does harry necessarily need to die for the scar to go ?

Naughty_n_nice IF-Rockerz
Naughty_n_nice
Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 2:38am | IP Logged

OK, guyz,,,,,,if u'll don't mind me saying stuff in between,,,,

But, You'll have opened my eyes to soooooooo many different ways of looking at it........, but to diverge a li'l more(sorry) and show you'll something even cooler,

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

Check out this link, i was AWESTRUCK!!!!

But of course, i'm neutral! Wink

Cheers

Edited by coolgal13 - 25 April 2006 at 2:40am
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 5:17am | IP Logged
cnt see the link Confused
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 5:20am | IP Logged
debates is getting better and better Tongue
~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by radz_2cool

Can iI join here Alia?? Embarrassed

welcum saumya to TEC.i hope u remember i am manshi.i also the vice prez of TEC.

welcum once again and plz do take part in the debateBig smile

Go to top