Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 58)

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 12:26am | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by zara29

Also, How can Voldemort (not harry the "object" or harry's scar the "object") turn against Voldemort himself? Tom Riddle in the Diary did not. how would Harry's SCAR turn against him?

but the diary was just an object & it possess Voldy's soul..& Harry is a living being...He has his own soul too...Tonguethough he is connected 2 voldy through his scar but v cant say his scar is just an object...

Originally posted by T.

But his scar is not a living thing. It is a wound on Harry (the living thing). If the scar is possessed by Voldemort, it will not turn against Voldemort. (Confused much? LOLSee, thats why I dont think the scar is a horcrux. Its just too weird.)   

Originally posted by achal

But the scar just had part of Voldy's soul, compared to whole Harry's soul.. I think in this case, Harry's soul would be much stronger than just part of Voldy's soul.. Also remember that Harry is protected by love...

yup~achal is right...as  i hav said this earliar  that Hary has his own soul too...so his scar doesnt affect his own soulEmbarrassed

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by zara29

No one else will be able to destroy Voldy, least of all Neville.

Neville is important, but his strength is no match for Voldy. Characters change in the course of 6 books. Ginny grew stronger too. That does not mean she will kill Voldy.

lol..Ginny killing Voldy...LOL..but bro...Neville indirectly related 2 that [fake]prophecyEmbarrassedso..He [may ] hav imp part in killing voldy

Originally posted by T.

Bro kaun? Confused I am not a bro. Tonguelolz..Im shhorryEmbarrassedsis!Smile

I disagree. As I had said earlier, the prophecy was only "fake" until Voldy made it come true by killing the Potters. Neither Harry nor Voldy will rest while the other survives. One of them has to kill the other. And if Evil (voldemort) triumphs over good by killing harry, then the entire "moral" of this tale is lost.

But, it doesn't at all talk about both of them dying, so if JKR really were to act upon the phrophecy, both of them could die..

yup! but the end of the story[abt prophecy] is that wateva is stated in that prophecy is not true...now if voldy made it true by killing potters ths doesnt mean that the prophecy wud cum true now...It was fake & will remain fake...[lols...now v hav moved from horcrux 2 prophecy issue]LOLLOL

Originally posted by T.

Neville was another possibility but ONLY before Voldy acted on the prophecy. He may play an important role in getting Harry to Voldy so that Harry can kill him. So, by THAT account, he may play an important part in Voldy's death. But, he will NOT directly kill Voldy.

He might not, and Harry might have to kill hismelf after killing Voldy, after finding out he is a horcrux..

yeh me too think the same[as achal said]Embarrassed after killing voldy,harry may find out that a part of voldy's soul is still possessed by him so he wud kill himself

Edited by zara29 - 24 April 2006 at 12:28am

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 12:36am | IP Logged

I dunno about this one either.. Are you sure that love is the charm needed to seal a horcrux.. I've never heard this before.. Maybe it isn't love that is needed to seal a horcrux at all, since making a horcrux is a very evil thing, and it requires killing, and splitting of the soul....

Originally posted by albusdumbledore

I dunno about love being a charm to seal a hocrux... n wid voldy involved luv being da charm is very unlikely..... whatever the spell/incantation is it is least likely to contain love as an ingedient .... can't imagine voldy remotely thinking about luv in da first place

well ..talking abt love being a  charm...sorry I dont think so..I agree with tejas bro on this point.Tongue....but his deosnt negate the fact[which most of us think] that harry's scar is a horcruxEmbarrassed

ONLY Voldy's powers? Speaking parseltongue might be one of the power, but knowing how Voldy feels at a certain time, I don't think that can only be called a power transfered when a strong spell backfired.. It is something more, something that might've been influenced by a soul you have of someone else within u.. I agree that Harry doesn't have qualities of Voldy exactly, but if only scar is the horcrux, then it should have very less influence on u, like feeling what the other person is feeling, and having wierd visions.. Things that have to do with brain, since Harry's scar is nearest to his brain.. His bravery and his positiveness is in his heart, which has very less influence by his scar..

Very true but in da same argument it can also be said dat Voldy might have transferred a part of his powers to Harry wen his AV backfired the reasons for which I have already given above.

well bro..saying that voldy transferred sum of his powers to Harry..desont make sense.....[as i think] coz of that scar Voldy's soul possesses harry so harry does hav sum of his qualities/powersEmbarrassed

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 12:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lunza

ok , this is what rowling has to say about neville's connection to the prophecy :

FAQ Poll #3
Date Started / Ended:
December 10th, 2004 / May 15th, 2005

Runner-up questions:
- How many chapters will Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have? (Subject to editorial changes, of course) - 7%
- Will Ron ever manage to become more than just good friends with a girl? - 25%

Winning question & answer (with 68% of the vote):
What is the significance of Neville being the other boy to whom the prophecy might have referred?

Finally, I am answering the poll question! I am sorry it has taken so long, but let me start by saying how glad I am that this was the question that received the most votes, because this was the one that I most wanted to answer. Some of you might not like what I am going to say - but I'll address that issue at the end of my response!

To recap: Neville was born on the 30th of July, the day before Harry, so he too was born 'as the seventh month dies'. His parents, who were both famous Aurors, had 'thrice defied' Voldemort, just as Lily and James had. Voldemort was therefore presented with the choice of two baby boys to whom the prophecy might apply. However, he did not entirely realise what the implications of attacking them might be, because he had not heard the entire prophecy. As Dumbledore says:

'He [the eavesdropper] only heard the beginning, the part foretelling the birth of a boy in July to parents who had thrice defied Voldemort. Consequently, he could not warn his master that to attack you would be to risk transferring power to you.'

In effect, the prophecy gave Voldemort the choice of two candidates for his possible nemesis. In choosing which boy to murder, he was also (without realising it) choosing which boy to anoint as the Chosen One - to give him tools no other wizard possessed - the scar and the ability it conferred, a magical window into Voldemort's mind.

So what would have happened if Voldemort had decided that the pure-blood, not the half-blood, was the bigger threat? What would have happened if he had attacked Neville instead? Harry wonders this during the course of 'Half-Blood Prince' and concludes, rightly, that the answer hinges on whether or not one of Neville's parents would have been able, or prepared, to die for their son in the way that Lily died for Harry. If they hadn't, Neville would have been killed outright. Had Frank or Alice thrown themselves in front of Neville, however, the killing curse would have rebounded just as it did in Harry's case, and Neville would have been the one who survived with the lightning scar. What would this have meant? Would a Neville bearing the lightning scar have been as successful at evading Voldemort as Harry has been? Would Neville have had the qualities that have enabled Harry to remain strong and sane throughout all of his many ordeals? Although Dumbledore does not say as much, he does not believe so: he believes Voldemort did indeed choose the boy most likely to be able to topple him, for Harry's survival has not depended wholly or even mainly upon his scar.

So where does this leave Neville, the boy who was so nearly King? Well, it does not give him either hidden powers or a mysterious destiny. He remains a 'normal' wizarding boy, albeit one with a past, in its way, as tragic as Harry's. As you saw in 'Order of the Phoenix,' however, Neville is not without his own latent strengths. It remains to be seen how he will feel if he ever finds out how close he came to being the Chosen One.

Some of you, who have been convinced that the prophecy marked Neville, in some mystical fashion, for a fate intertwined with Harry's, may find this answer rather dull. Yet I was making what I felt was a significant point about Harry and Voldemort, and about prophecies themselves, in showing Neville as the also-ran. If neither boy was 'pre-ordained' before Voldemort's attack to become his possible vanquisher, then the prophecy (like the one the witches make to Macbeth, if anyone has read the play of the same name) becomes the catalyst for a situation that would never have occurred if it had not been made. Harry is propelled into a terrifying position he might never have sought, while Neville remains the tantalising 'might-have-been'. Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences.

Of course, none of this should be taken to mean that Neville does not have a significant part to play in the last two novels, or the fight against Voldemort. As for the prophecy itself, it remains ambiguous, not only to readers, but to my characters. Prophecies (think of Nostradamus!) are usually open to many different interpretations. That is both their strength and their weakness.

thanx 4 this info Lunza...Smile

quiet a good piece of info 4 meEmbarrassed

alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 3:13am | IP Logged
just went back a few pages and saw tht i cant participate Big smile (am not good at debating) but judging is going to be difficult as u all r soooo good...
keep it up Smile and well i dont think this is going to end anytime soon as i dont see ne1 of u backing away Wink
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 4:01am | IP Logged

But why would he want to? It would be much easier to just kill than have a horcrux as an enemy.. If he had attempted to remove his soul first, then Harry might've done something to harm Voldy before he could do anything.. He couldn't just waste his time doing that.. I know that Voldy loves him too much, but he also knows that he has many other horcruxes.. He doesn't yet know that Harry already knows about his horcruxes, so hw wouldn't think twice about destroying one od his own horcruxes that was a threat to him, just for the sake of his other souls.. Why would he waste his time thinking about a soul of his that is within his enemy?

see we have already seen dat Harry is no match for Voldy. even in da graveyard we see dat Voldy is merely playin around wid Harry till he decides to kill him... Harry merely survives becoz of Priori Incantatem then. So if you say that Harry would have done sumthin to harm voldy that sounds a very indistinct possibility to me (or in dat case even to the most eternal optimist) Y i say this is becoz in da numerous times Harry has met Voldy it is always voldy who has harmed (or tried to) Harry never da other way round (except in da atrium of da MoM, where also he was able to possess Harry long enough to scare Dumbledore)

Well ya , Harry doesnt stand a chance against voldy if he

fights by the conventional and orthodox kinda means

lyk proper duelling , bcuz harry will be dead faster than he can say expelliarmus ...

and one more thing is that harry has always

survived his fights wid voldy mainly due to sheer luck

and his sharp reflexes .... and also stalling for time by talking wid voldy and the death eaters...

hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

But why would he want to? It would be much easier to just kill than have a horcrux as an enemy.. If he had attempted to remove his soul first, then Harry might've done something to harm Voldy before he could do anything.. He couldn't just waste his time doing that.. I know that Voldy loves him too much, but he also knows that he has many other horcruxes.. He doesn't yet know that Harry already knows about his horcruxes, so hw wouldn't think twice about destroying one od his own horcruxes that was a threat to him, just for the sake of his other souls.. Why would he waste his time thinking about a soul of his that is within his enemy?

see we have already seen dat Harry is no match for Voldy. even in da graveyard we see dat Voldy is merely playin around wid Harry till he decides to kill him... Harry merely survives becoz of Priori Incantatem then. So if you say that Harry would have done sumthin to harm voldy that sounds a very indistinct possibility to me (or in dat case even to the most eternal optimist) Y i say this is becoz in da numerous times Harry has met Voldy it is always voldy who has harmed (or tried to) Harry never da other way round (except in da atrium of da MoM, where also he was able to possess Harry long enough to scare Dumbledore)

Well ya , Harry doesnt stand a chance against voldy if he

fights by the conventional and orthodox kinda means

lyk proper duelling , bcuz harry will be dead faster than he can say expelliarmus ...

and one more thing is that harry has always

survived his fights wid voldy mainly due to sheer luck

and his sharp reflexes .... and also stalling for time by talking wid voldy and the death eaters...

quite agree with u but it was not entirely his sheer luck...no doubt that he has sharp reflexes but the time when he met Voldy..it was coz of the golden web from which his parents and others came out.....so...its not his luck entirely...
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Can iI join here Alia?? Embarrassed
alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 8:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by radz_2cool

Can iI join here Alia?? Embarrassed