Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 52)

zara29 IF-Rockerz
zara29
zara29

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 2:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lunza

also if harry was a horcrux , he would have to kill/destroy himself BEFORE destroying voldy which is logically impossibleand i say BEFORE bcuz dumbly said that the seventh piece of soul will be the last that anybody wishing to kill voldemort must attack , the piece that lives in his body

thats also a valid point Embarrassed Smile
btw Rukul agree with u...this is a nice way 2 read others' views abt wats gonna happen in 7th book. Smile

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lunza

well , i am kind of confused about Harry is a horcrux theory ...

Most of the people who believe that harry is a horcrux , feel that Harry accidently has become one when voldy went to godric's hollow to kill the potters ..
dumbly said that the soul splits whenever someone commits murder , and the way jkr has described it voldy has committed a hell lot of murders , but he hasnt gone about making horcruxes everytime he commits murders , as dumbly said he makes them for particularly "significant deaths" .. and dumbly feels that voldy wud have chosen harry as that "significant death" after which he intended to make the horcrux ... and voldy's soul again split that night when he murdered lily and james , then he did the AVk on harry but that dint work as the curse rebounded and then he lost his body and became a wandering spirit/vapour ... so i agree wid tejas when he says that vapormort couldnt have have held that wand required to perform that spell/incantation required to encase the piece of soul into an object and make it a horcrux ...also if harry was a horcrux , he would have to kill/destroy himself BEFORE destroying voldy which is logically impossibleand i say BEFORE bcuz dumbly said that the seventh piece of soul will be the last that anybody wishing to kill voldemort must attack , the piece that lives in his body
ok so now i will start CONTRADICTING myself :
the ring , which is a horcrux and which is there on the side of the hbp cover shows a crack which luks a bit like harry's scar , which makes me wonder whether it is some special "mark" of voldemort's horcruxes ... i wonder if the cup , locket etc also have that mark . dumbly said it is not advisable to make a living being a horcrux , but it is not impossible , if harry is a horcrux , it might explain why he feels such a strong
psychic connection with voldemort , bcuz he has a piece of voldy's soul inside him ....

Nice theory, but I dont think it works for all the horcruxes. For e.g. the diary did not have any significant markings on it.

Also, horcruxes do not purposefully reveal themselves, so any particular mark would identify the horcrux fairly easily. Dumbledore would not have had much trouble pointing that out to Harry - in fact, a distinctive mark would have made his search easier.

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by daniel_4ever

ohk.. one thing i don't understand.. fine we are having a debate but it is
 true tht harry is gonna die.. Jo said it herself and it was in news papers
 also..

i m not telling tht they ppl going 4 AGAINST are wrong but wat i m telling is
 so true.. i mean they can't just put anything in the papers now.. can they

OK... don't cum and hit me or get angry at me if i hurt ur feelings... PLZZZ Tongue

we wont get angry at you yaar, it is just a debate. Tongue

but, which paper printed that he would die for certain? also, did they specifically quote JKR or did they just give their own opinions?

Coz if JKR said something like that then every HP fansite would post that in bold letters. And so far nothing has come up.

icychoco Groupbie
icychoco
icychoco

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 4:28am | IP Logged
ya and i dnt think jk will let out such a major thing[like harry will die in d next book] before the book is realeasd
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 5:14am | IP Logged
quite a vilid point Tongue
~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 6:09am | IP Logged
ya a valid pt. but i cant comment more. i am neutral Smile
achal IF-Dazzler
achal
achal

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
So, everyone's here for the debate.. Great!! Well, I haven't been here for quite a while, so I'll start from the beginning...

Edited by achal - 22 April 2006 at 12:34pm
achal IF-Dazzler
achal
achal

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

Ok, purely for argument's sake, I will go

AGAINST:

IMO, Harry will NOT die in Book 7.

2) Harry will sacrifice himself as he/his scar is a horcrux

I disagree once more. I do not believe that Harry or his scar could be a horcrux for the following reasons:

1) Horcruxes can be contained in living things, but with difficulty. Dumbledore said that it would be dangerous to place a horcrux in any living thing which could think for itself. If Harry WERE a horcrux, why would Voldy want to kill him? Would he not be able to sense that a part of his own soul resided in the boy?

Well, but it was difficult for Voldemort to make a horcruz out of Harry's scar.. Remember he lost his whole body, while creating a scar (his seventh and last horcrux).. It was difficult for him, since he was only a part of soul after he created the scar.. And, about Dumbledore making a living thing a horcrux, well we can't say that if the scar was the horcrux, Voldemort put it in/as a part of Harry in purpose. He might've thought that after killing one of the Potters, he'll create his seventh horcrux.. But, how would he know that something like love would prevent him from killing Harry, and that he would make a horcrux there and then.. He had already killed Lily and James, so he was able to make a horcrux there, and that's what happened.. Otherwise, how would u explain why Voldemort was only a part of his soul after he tried to hit Harry with the curse, and why there is a scar on Harry's forehead that connects Harry and Voldy.. If anyone can give me a valid answer to these both question, then I'll rest my case about Harry's scar being a horcrux, and Harry having to kill himself..
Originally posted by T.

2) Horcruxes require a special charm to seal them. Going by the logic presented here, it would mean, LOVE is the charm used to seal the horcrux.

This does not make sense going by what we know of Lord Voldy. Dumbledore has pointed out on various occasions that Love is an ancient magic which Voldemort does not understand and one that he despises. He even forgot about the powerful counter charm lily's love provided harry. But, it is highly unlikely he would forget about anything pertaining to his beloved soul.

Exactly!! When Lily died, she died for Harry, and Harry was protected by her love. Voldermort didn't know that, and like I said before, when he went to kill Harry, this love shield created by Lily was able to split his soul in two, and create a horcrux.. So, this horcrux took a shape of a scar in Harry's forehead, and it was protected by Lily's love, which caused Voldemort to lose his body, and he only became a part of his own soul..
Originally posted by T.

3) Voldy's horcrux managed to corrupt a diary. How has Harry managed to escape unscathed then? How was he able to undermine the influence of Voldy's soul. Would he not be possessed by Voldemort the way Ginny was possessed by him in her first year?
Also, if Harry was Voldy's horcrux, it gave Voldy a better chance to get a body to move around in. He wouldn't need to find useless creatures such as Quirrell or depend on Wormtail to resurrect him until Harry's 4th year.

I have to disagree with you completely on this one.. Harry does know that part of Voldy's soul is within him, although he can't really point it out as being one of Voldy's horcrux.. Otherwise, how would Harry be able to sense what Voldemort is feeling, how would he be able to know when Voldy is near during his first years, would he be able to see all those visions during his fifth year? Remember during one of the visions, he was in shape of a snake, well that was Nagini, and since Nagini is Voldemort's horcrux too, they sort of have a connection, like Harry has a connection with Voldemort.. Also remember that he can also speak parseltongue, because of the part of Voldy's soul that is within him..

About Voldy being able to possess Harry, then like I said before, he didn't even know until the fifth book.. Remember in the fifth book Dumbledore ignored Harry all the time because he was afraid that Voldemort would be able to use Harry's scar as a way to get to Dumbledore! On only the fifth book, after something that I can't remember, was Voldy able to realize that the sacr on Harry's forehead connects his world and Harry's world, he had realized that Harry was a horcrux, and was trying to take advantage of that.. And, well, Sirius died because of this too, since he gave Harry that vision, and made him go into the Department of Mysteries or something in Ministry of Magic.. And, about his possessing Wormtail instead of Harry, well he didn't know Harry was a horcrux until the fifth book, so how could he?

Edited by achal - 22 April 2006 at 12:34pm

Go to top