Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 50)

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

Ok, purely for argument's sake, I will go

AGAINST: Wink

IMO, Harry will NOT die in Book 7.

The arguments presented so far in favour of him dying are as follows:

1) Harry must die as it gives justification for JKR not continuing the HP series in the future.

I disagree. A writer does not need to kill off the main character to end a series. She could fast-forward Harry's entire life, by describing it as relatively peaceful once Voldemort dies and simply describe a peaceful death in his old age.

OR, she could go the LOTR route, where Harry could simply disappear after he kills Voldemort, but not necessarily die at his hands.

2) Harry will sacrifice himself as he/his scar is a horcrux

I disagree once more. I do not believe that Harry or his scar could be a horcrux for the following reasons:

1) Horcruxes can be contained in living things, but with difficulty. Dumbledore said that it would be dangerous to place a horcrux in any living thing which could think for itself. If Harry WERE a horcrux, why would Voldy want to kill him? Would he not be able to sense that a part of his own soul resided in the boy?

2) Horcruxes require a special charm to seal them. Going by the logic presented here, it would mean, LOVE is the charm used to seal the horcrux.

This does not make sense going by what we know of Lord Voldy. Dumbledore has pointed out on various occasions that Love is an ancient magic which Voldemort does not understand and one that he despises. He even forgot about the powerful counter charm lily's love provided harry. But, it is highly unlikely he would forget about anything pertaining to his beloved soul.

3) Voldy's horcrux managed to corrupt a diary. How has Harry managed to escape unscathed then? How was he able to undermine the influence of Voldy's soul. Would he not be possessed by Voldemort the way Ginny was possessed by him in her first year?

Also, if Harry was Voldy's horcrux, it gave Voldy a better chance to get a body to move around in. He wouldn't need to find useless creatures such as Quirrell or depend on Wormtail to resurrect him until Harry's 4th year.

Edited by T. - 20 April 2006 at 3:23pm

albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:21am | IP Logged

Originally posted by achal

FOR

Agree with Rukul about the horcrux.. Voldemort was about to make seven horcruxes.. So, maybe he was planning to make his seventh horcrux after killing the Potters.. By the time he was there to kill Lily, he had already killed James, so he could make a horcrux now, but Lily also died, and her love was able to protect Harry from Voldemort's curse. When he hit a spell on Harry, because of shield of love, Voldemort got split in two.. One of him, became the scar, which is like Harry's connection to Voldermort, so the scar basically became his horcrux.. Until the fourth book, Dumbledore said that Voldemort had no body, and was just a part of his own soul, well when he got split in two while trying to kill Harry, it took him so much power that he lost his body, and his body and that first part of the soul became the scar, meaning his seventh horcrux which is on Harry's forehead, and all that was left of him was his soul, without any body...

I dunno if this is really what happened, but if it did, then I must say, JKR is very clever.. Harry has to and will die in the end, and I'm sure about that.

ok so everybody for so I'm against harry dying in book 7

Harry dying in da end is no solution to the HP saga..... here are my points against Harry dying in da 7th book. I present them to you for your comments..

1. Harry dying is simply No-Go even with JKR fans.... if she does that she's in for real critisism from her Die-hard fans...

2. If Harry dies the whole purpose of the books is deceived. This is a childrens' book series with the primary intention to instill the principle of the Victory of Good over Evil will always prevail... for a Child to understand that the Hero of the Saga need not survive to enjoy his victory is simply impossible. For an elder guy/gurl to understand that may have been possible, not a 8 yr old kid to whom his/her mother might read HP to sleep in his bed.

3. Harry's Scar = Hocrux is simply not possible.... I dunno from where does this spring up from every now n then....... I'll say this for da last time please pay attention TongueWink

To make a Hocrux U need to say an spell/incantation and u need to use a Wand. (Read HBP's part where Dumby n Harry are going through Slughorn's true memory.) so when LV used the AV on Harry n da spell rebounded his body was destroyed, I'm sure you'll all agree on this.
Then tell me how in da world did he perform da Incantation which requires da use of a wand when he doesn't have any hand to hold the bl**dy wand.... this is what I fail to understand... Now you may argue that he made Harry's Scar a hocrux be4 he used the AV. that then again is not possible coz we know that he got da scar becoz of the AV, not becoz of da Hocrux Incantation.

4. Now that I think you are suitably convinced (or I think that you areTongue) that Harry or his scar are not Hocruxes we can safely deduce that Harry need not die in order to kill voldy....

5. Also I think it is not necessary to kill/destroy a hocrux in order to destroy the concealed soul in it.... we can merely (maybe) remove da concealed soul n destroy it.... (as we see in the ring hocrux case, the ring is not destroyed but the soul concealed in it is by dumby) So even if Harry is a Hocrux it is not neccesarrily meant that he's got to die.... they can simply remove the concealed soul in him n destroy it....

6. Now there is one scenario that trouble's me n that is da role Snape (The Potions' Master) will play in book 7... his role will entirely define what happens to Harry in Book 7.

7. I think I read sumwhere that JKR has told that the last chapter deals with da future of da HP Trio. wat they become / if they survive the ordeal with voldy... I think this to be a hint dat they will survive voldy n sucsessfully defeat him... also we must not forget dat Harry has the help of many people... at his beck n call not to mention the members of da Order.....

P.S.: Point 5 is only for those who are not contended to belive it anytime that Harry is not a HocruxWink. Now try provin that Harry is gonna die....

Please post your comments on my points....

tejas

daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:42am | IP Logged
ok..

3 vs 2..

acha and me vs sushmi,tejas and mysti di...

anyone else... join us
sweet freedom IF-Dazzler
sweet freedom
sweet freedom

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
u ppl are so good at debating Clap
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 7:41am | IP Logged
i am so HAPPY now that Tejas and Mystica is with me Tongue Tongue Tongue
~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged
the pms actually worked Big smile though it was a really tedious job as i had to copy paste more than 30 times. Cry i had to do the whole thing alone as alia and coolgal r holidaying.but i am very happy to see the response Big smile Big smile Big smile
albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ashi_rox

the pms actually worked Big smile though it was a really tedious job as i had to copy paste more than 30 times. Cry i had to do the whole thing alone as alia and coolgal r holidaying.but i am very happy to see the response Big smile Big smile Big smile

hey no sweat....  no need to worry.. I luved da debate....

tejas

daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
ohk.. one thing i don't understand.. fine we are having a debate but it is
 true tht harry is gonna die.. Jo said it herself and it was in news papers
 also..

i m not telling tht they ppl going 4 AGAINST are wrong but wat i m telling is
 so true.. i mean they can't just put anything in the papers now.. can they

OK... don't cum and hit me or get angry at me if i hurt ur feelings... PLZZZ Tongue

Edited by daniel_4ever - 21 April 2006 at 1:03pm

Go to top