Joined: 01 June 2004
Ok, purely for argument's sake, I will go
IMO, Harry will NOT die in Book 7.
The arguments presented so far in favour of him dying are as follows:
1) Harry must die as it gives justification for JKR not continuing the HP series in the future.
I disagree. A writer does not need to kill off the main character to end a series. She could fast-forward Harry's entire life, by describing it as relatively peaceful once Voldemort dies and simply describe a peaceful death in his old age.
OR, she could go the LOTR route, where Harry could simply disappear after he kills Voldemort, but not necessarily die at his hands.
2) Harry will sacrifice himself as he/his scar is a horcrux
I disagree once more. I do not believe that Harry or his scar could be a horcrux for the following reasons:
1) Horcruxes can be contained in living things, but with difficulty. Dumbledore said that it would be dangerous to place a horcrux in any living thing which could think for itself. If Harry WERE a horcrux, why would Voldy want to kill him? Would he not be able to sense that a part of his own soul resided in the boy?
2) Horcruxes require a special charm to seal them. Going by the logic presented here, it would mean, LOVE is the charm used to seal the horcrux.
This does not make sense going by what we know of Lord Voldy. Dumbledore has pointed out on various occasions that Love is an ancient magic which Voldemort does not understand and one that he despises. He even forgot about the powerful counter charm lily's love provided harry. But, it is highly unlikely he would forget about anything pertaining to his beloved soul.
3) Voldy's horcrux managed to corrupt a diary. How has Harry managed to escape unscathed then? How was he able to undermine the influence of Voldy's soul. Would he not be possessed by Voldemort the way Ginny was possessed by him in her first year?
Also, if Harry was Voldy's horcrux, it gave Voldy a better chance to get a body to move around in. He wouldn't need to find useless creatures such as Quirrell or depend on Wormtail to resurrect him until Harry's 4th year.
Joined: 12 August 2005
ok so everybody for so I'm against harry dying in book 7
Harry dying in da end is no solution to the HP saga..... here are my points against Harry dying in da 7th book. I present them to you for your comments..
1. Harry dying is simply No-Go even with JKR fans.... if she does that she's in for real critisism from her Die-hard fans...
2. If Harry dies the whole purpose of the books is deceived. This is a childrens' book series with the primary intention to instill the principle of the Victory of Good over Evil will always prevail... for a Child to understand that the Hero of the Saga need not survive to enjoy his victory is simply impossible. For an elder guy/gurl to understand that may have been possible, not a 8 yr old kid to whom his/her mother might read HP to sleep in his bed.
3. Harry's Scar = Hocrux is simply not possible.... I dunno from where does this spring up from every now n then....... I'll say this for da last time please pay attention
To make a Hocrux U need to say an spell/incantation and u need to use a Wand. (Read HBP's part where Dumby n Harry are going through Slughorn's true memory.) so when LV used the AV on Harry n da spell rebounded his body was destroyed, I'm sure you'll all agree on this.
Then tell me how in da world did he perform da Incantation which requires da use of a wand when he doesn't have any hand to hold the bl**dy wand.... this is what I fail to understand... Now you may argue that he made Harry's Scar a hocrux be4 he used the AV. that then again is not possible coz we know that he got da scar becoz of the AV, not becoz of da Hocrux Incantation.
4. Now that I think you are suitably convinced (or I think that you are) that Harry or his scar are not Hocruxes we can safely deduce that Harry need not die in order to kill voldy....
5. Also I think it is not necessary to kill/destroy a hocrux in order to destroy the concealed soul in it.... we can merely (maybe) remove da concealed soul n destroy it.... (as we see in the ring hocrux case, the ring is not destroyed but the soul concealed in it is by dumby) So even if Harry is a Hocrux it is not neccesarrily meant that he's got to die.... they can simply remove the concealed soul in him n destroy it....
6. Now there is one scenario that trouble's me n that is da role Snape (The Potions' Master) will play in book 7... his role will entirely define what happens to Harry in Book 7.
7. I think I read sumwhere that JKR has told that the last chapter deals with da future of da HP Trio. wat they become / if they survive the ordeal with voldy... I think this to be a hint dat they will survive voldy n sucsessfully defeat him... also we must not forget dat Harry has the help of many people... at his beck n call not to mention the members of da Order.....
P.S.: Point 5 is only for those who are not contended to belive it anytime that Harry is not a Hocrux. Now try provin that Harry is gonna die....
Please post your comments on my points....
Joined: 29 April 2005
Joined: 17 April 2005
Joined: 25 June 2005
Joined: 28 December 2005
Joined: 12 August 2005
hey no sweat.... no need to worry.. I luved da debate....
Joined: 29 April 2005
HP Contest Task 2 Results
Author: chhilt Replies: 7 Views: 686
|chhilt||7||686||10 November 2008 at 12:51pm by mellisai|
HP contest Task 1 results
Author: chhilt Replies: 8 Views: 962
|chhilt||8||962||13 September 2008 at 5:37am by tukz_REmix|
Author: ~*Manshi*~ Replies: 18 Views: 1264
|~*Manshi*~||18||1264||06 October 2007 at 5:30am by Naughty_n_nice|
~* Harry Potter Quiz Contest Results*~
Author: tukz_REmix Replies: 11 Views: 1210
|tukz_REmix||11||1210||03 October 2007 at 10:43am by ~*Manshi*~|
Author: mellisai Replies: 11 Views: 996
|mellisai||11||996||23 July 2007 at 10:00am by smritisonkar|
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :