Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D (Page 49)

hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged
where r the vice president Tongue

~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged
i am here LOL
daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 6:39am | IP Logged
and were are the otehr members.. are they sleeping
~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged
ya probably LOL LOL i just pmed the whole member list except rukul,sushmi and achal to particpate in the debate.lets wait and see the results
~*Manshi*~ IF-Rockerz
~*Manshi*~
~*Manshi*~

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:27am | IP Logged
and one thing more u ppl cant change the topic of discussion as the debate is still on and will last a week. plus others also hve to write their points wen they wake up LOL U 3 can write more points for the debate if u want Smile
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:24am | IP Logged
On what page does the debate start? I would like to read through the arguments first before posting my opinion. Smile
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:29am | IP Logged
debate starts on page 61 Tongue
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

Ok, purely for argument's sake, I will go

AGAINST: Wink

IMO, Harry will NOT die in Book 7.

The arguments presented so far in favour of him dying are as follows:

1) Harry must die as it gives justification for JKR not continuing the HP series in the future.

I disagree. A writer does not need to kill off the main character to end a series. She could fast-forward Harry's entire life, by describing it as relatively peaceful once Voldemort dies and simply describe a peaceful death in his old age.

OR, she could go the LOTR route, where Harry could simply disappear after he kills Voldemort, but not necessarily die at his hands.

2) Harry will sacrifice himself as he/his scar is a horcrux

I disagree once more. I do not believe that Harry or his scar could be a horcrux for the following reasons:

1) Horcruxes can be contained in living things, but with difficulty. Dumbledore said that it would be dangerous to place a horcrux in any living thing which could think for itself. If Harry WERE a horcrux, why would Voldy want to kill him? Would he not be able to sense that a part of his own soul resided in the boy?

2) Horcruxes require a special charm to seal them. Going by the logic presented here, it would mean, LOVE is the charm used to seal the horcrux.

This does not make sense going by what we know of Lord Voldy. Dumbledore has pointed out on various occasions that Love is an ancient magic which Voldemort does not understand and one that he despises. He even forgot about the powerful counter charm lily's love provided harry. But, it is highly unlikely he would forget about anything pertaining to his beloved soul.

3) Voldy's horcrux managed to corrupt a diary. How has Harry managed to escape unscathed then? How was he able to undermine the influence of Voldy's soul. Would he not be possessed by Voldemort the way Ginny was possessed by him in her first year?

Also, if Harry was Voldy's horcrux, it gave Voldy a better chance to get a body to move around in. He wouldn't need to find useless creatures such as Quirrell or depend on Wormtail to resurrect him until Harry's 4th year.

Edited by T. - 20 April 2006 at 3:23pm

Go to top