Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: lunza

well , maybe thaz the point ...

thaz the least jkr can do to make harry's work a bit easier ! and its not soooo distinctive that harry will jus look at the "scar mark" and go -  "Aaaahhhhh ... luk ron ! there is a crack here , wait let me try to recollect , there was a mark like that even in the diary ... oh i get it ! its a horcrux mark !" so it wont be such an early realisation ! and dumbly mite not have noticed the crack bcuz harry showed him the diary horcrux after destroying it .... no wait , i was thinking about sumthin ..

the diary wasnt exactly destroyed ... i mean .. it did not poof ! vanish in thin air ! it was still tangible when harry showed it to dumbly , so it cud have been used as a normal diary ... u know, writing on its pages ..... i am jus wondering if that applies to human horcruxes too ... i mean we are assuming that if harry is a horcrux , he will die , but he has a soul too , i mean if he is a horcrux his body is hosting two souls .....

Good point. IF he is hosting 2 souls, he needn't die. His own soul can sustain him, isnt it?

ok , now i have another wild theory , dont think i am dumb for suggesting this ... but do u think that when a person tries to make an object a horcrux ... it makes some kind of an opening for the soul to enter , hence the crack ?

πŸ˜† , there is an easy way for harry to destroy himself if he is a horcrux ...

Ok, but, I ask the same question I asked achal. What was used to seal the "crack"? πŸ˜†

all he has to do is get himself kissed by a dementor ... too bad dementors wont spare harry's soul , after all two souls in one body is a very tempting meal ....

Morgoth thumbnail
phew this is one tough debate.

Finally some heated discussion is taking place in the HP section. About time too! πŸ‘
zara29 thumbnail

Also, How can Voldemort (not harry the "object" or harry's scar the "object") turn against Voldemort himself? Tom Riddle in the Diary did not. how would Harry's SCAR turn against him? [/quote]

but the diary was just an object & it possess Voldy's soul..& Harry is a living being...He has his own soul too...πŸ˜›though he is connected 2 voldy through his scar but v cant say his scar is just an object...

[quote=T.]

No one else will be able to destroy Voldy, least of all Neville.

Neville is important, but his strength is no match for Voldy. Characters change in the course of 6 books. Ginny grew stronger too. That does not mean she will kill Voldy. [/quote]

lol..Ginny killing Voldy...πŸ˜†..but bro...Neville indirectly related 2 that [fake]prophecy😳so..He [may ] hav imp part in killing voldy

Edited by zara29 - 18 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail
achal thumbnail
Originally posted by: T.

[quote=achal]I dunno about this one either.. Are you sure that love is the charm needed to seal a horcrux.. I've never heard this before.. Maybe it isn't love that is needed to seal a horcrux at all, since making a horcrux is a very evil thing, and it requires killing, and splitting of the soul....[/quote]

Exactly. But, as Slughorn said you need to also seal the horcrux into an object with a charm. What charm was performed on that night? you say there was a splitting of the soul. But, you agree with me that love was too pure a thing to seal anything as evil as a horcrux.

So, how did the horcrux get sealed in a SCAR, in a WOUND of all things?

We talked about the charm of love protecting Harry that night.. So, maybe it was the charm of love that sealed the scar, the horcrux, in the first place.. Other horcruxes might be sealed by something else, but if the scar is the horcrux, then maybe it is protected by the shield of love that is protecting Harry as well, since the scar is on his forehead.. Well, love is the most powerful charm in the world. and I bet whatever is used to seal the other horcruxes is not as powerful as love.. That makes it the evil that is in the scar (meaning Voldy's soul) against love, the most positive, powerful thing in the world.. Maybe that's why the scar doesn't have that much affect on Harry, and Voldy isn't able to possess Harry, like he was able to possess Ginny... It is meantioned on the book many times that love is most important, this mught be one of the most important causes of love in this book....

Another argument you made was that Voldy would kill off a horcrux which turned against him. Again, that does not make sense as that would bring him closer to mortality. But, if he lives after killing Harry, and his own soul within Harry that is against him, then he might feel that he can, and will, certainly kill more people, therefore being able to make more horcruxes... Voldemort means one who can never die. His greatest fear is death or mortality. Why would he subject his own soul to his greatest fear?

Also, How can Voldemort (not harry the "object" or harry's scar the "object") turn against Voldemort himself? Tom Riddle in the Diary did not. how would Harry's SCAR turn against him?

But, like I just said earlier, if Voldy's soul in the scar, is sealed off by love, than that would certainly have a huge affect on that soul.. It is the most powerful thing against Voldy's evil soul, don't u think that would have a greater affect and the soul within would be forced to do what Harry does, or not act at all.. It couldn't possess Harry completely if it is sealed by love.. Voldy himself, with his own whole soul, was nothing against love, so what is just part of his soul selaed by love gonna do? Just maybe some side-affects that Harry gets...

Again, I repeat, there is a "connection" between them which is the scar. It gives voldy access to some of Harry's thoughts via long distance and vice versa. The scar is something like the Dark Mark which the Death Eaters have. They are summoned by Voldy even from great distances. The marks are not souls. But does the death mark on other death eater's arm allow them to feel what Voldy is feeling? The only difference between them and the scar was that the spell backfired giving harry more power and knowledge than he was supposed to have. The connection is special but it is NOT A HORCRUX. I agree with u that the connection is special, that it is something different... And, since I can't give any other name to this "special connection" I'm calling it a horcrux...

With regards to the prophecy, it is very clear that Neville will not kill Voldemort especially in Book 6. I can't quote verbatim, but that entire chat with whom? made it very clear that Harry would have to kill Voldy not anyone else. Well then maybe he will kill Voldy and die later... But, I'm only for one thing, HE WILL DIE, no matter what the reason is...

As Dumbledore said: The prophecy was not important, BUT, Voldy ACTED on it and made the first attack.

But, Voldy hasn't heard all of the phrophecy, has he? He might want to go a kill Harry, and at that time, really unexpectedly,  Neville might come beside him and kill him.. If this is the case, then it'll be easier for Neville than to come face-to-face with the Dark Lord.. Although I have to say, this would be very stupid..😳

He gave Harry the mark and powers and he even left some sort of a connection between them. Harry MUST kill him in the end as Neither can live while the other survives.

Yup, neither can live while the other survives.. That is talking about  when both of them living... But what about both of them dying? The phrophecy doesn't talk about that does it? So that is a great possibility...

Even if Harry would not want to kill, Voldy will never stop hunting for him (out of fear that Harry could kill him in the end). It was the difference between defending oneself when attacked unexpected and going into battle with one's head held high. After harry finds all the horcruxes, he will have to kill Voldy.

After Harry finds all the horcruxes, and I think u forgot to mention, destroy them as well, will he have to kill Voldy.. But what is at that time, he finds out, he, himself, is a horcrux. Wouldn't he have to destory himself as well?

No one else will be able to destroy Voldy, least of all Neville. But, he could be... Afterall, he was the other person who could be marked by Voldy due to the phrophecy...

Neville is important, but his strength is no match for Voldy. Characters change in the course of 6 books. Ginny grew stronger too. That does not mean she will kill Voldy.

But it is diferrent.. Ginny getting stronger, that is in case if asking Harry out, and that sort of thing.. Not strong enough to kill Voldy.. And besides, she wasn't mentioned at all, when Dumbledore was talking about the phrophecy as the other person who could be marked by Voldy.. The only thing I don't understand is why is Neville the one mentioned while talking about the phrophecy, why does JKR give so much importance to him?

achal thumbnail
achal thumbnail
BTW, I'm purple font, just so there's not much confusionn...πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: T.

Edited by achal - 18 years ago

achal thumbnail
alia thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2