TEC>Hangwizard Results>Pg 194 :D - Page 40

Posted: 17 years ago
god i luv it.. we are hacing so much FUN............

go on ppl debeat.. coz i have to think loads before writing πŸ˜†
Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by daniel_4ever

god i luv it.. we are hacing so much FUN............

go on ppl debeat.. coz i have to think loads before writing πŸ˜†

Rukul, com'on!! Think fast! I need some help here!! It seems like we two are the only ones for this debate..... Us two, fourteen/thirteen year olds against Sushmi, Mystica di and Tejas bhaiyya!! We have no chance!
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And, we sure are having  lots of fun!πŸ˜›
Edited by achal - 17 years ago
Originally posted by T.

Nice theory, but I dont think it works for all the horcruxes. For e.g. the diary did not have any significant markings on it.

Also, horcruxes do not purposefully reveal themselves, so any particular mark would identify the horcrux fairly easily. Dumbledore would not have had much trouble pointing that out to Harry - in fact, a distinctive mark would have made his search easier.

well , maybe thaz the point ...

thaz the least jkr can do to make harry's work a bit easier ! and its not soooo distinctive that harry will jus look at the "scar mark" and go -  "Aaaahhhhh ... luk ron ! there is a crack here , wait let me try to recollect , there was a mark like that even in the diary ... oh i get it ! its a horcrux mark !" so it wont be such an early realisation ! and dumbly mite not have noticed the crack bcuz harry showed him the diary horcrux after destroying it .... no wait , i was thinking about sumthin ..

the diary wasnt exactly destroyed ... i mean .. it did not poof ! vanish in thin air ! it was still tangible when harry showed it to dumbly , so it cud have been used as a normal diary ... u know, writing on its pages ..... i am jus wondering if that applies to human horcruxes too ... i mean we are assuming that if harry is a horcrux , he will die , but he has a soul too , i mean if he is a horcrux his body is hosting two souls .....

ok , now i have another wild theory , dont think i am dumb for suggesting this ... but do u think that when a person tries to make an object a horcrux ... it makes some kind of an opening for the soul to enter , hence the crack ?

πŸ˜† , there is an easy way for harry to destroy himself if he is a horcrux ...

all he has to do is get himself kissed by a dementor ... too bad dementors wont spare harry's soul , after all two souls in one body is a very tempting meal ....

Originally posted by achal

I have to disagree with you completely on this one.. Harry does know that part of Voldy's soul is within him, although he can't really point it out as being one of Voldy's horcrux.. Otherwise, how would Harry be able to sense what Voldemort is feeling, how would he be able to know when Voldy is near during his first years, would he be able to see all those visions during his fifth year? Remember during one of the visions, he was in shape of a snake, well that was Nagini, and since Nagini is Voldemort's horcrux too, they sort of have a connection, like Harry has a connection with Voldemort.. Also remember that he can also speak parseltongue, because of the part of Voldy's soul that is within him..

About Voldy being able to possess Harry, then like I said before, he didn't even know until the fifth book.. Remember in the fifth book Dumbledore ignored Harry all the time because he was afraid that Voldemort would be able to use Harry's scar as a way to get to Dumbledore! On only the fifth book, after something that I can't remember, was Voldy able to realize that the sacr on Harry's forehead connects his world and Harry's world, he had realized that Harry was a horcrux, and was trying to take advantage of that. And, well, Sirius died because of this too, since he gave Harry that vision, and made him go into the Department of Mysteries or something in Ministry of Magic.. And, about his possessing Wormtail instead of Harry, well he didn't know Harry was a horcrux until the fifth book, so how could he?
I think you are talking about the time when Mr . Weasley was attacked , thaz when he sensed the connection between him and harry ( remember? , snape tells that to harry during the first occlumency class)he just realised the connection but there was no mention of voldy realising that it is the "scar" that connects them ... 

but i DONT think voldy put two and two together at that time and concluded that harry is a horcrux at time itself .... otherwise he wouldnt have tried to kill harry at the Dept. of mysteries .... i think he mite have realised that harry is a horcrux when he tried to possess him ... the possession cant be compared to ginny's bcuz ginny said she couldnt remember a few things like , there were a few blank spaces in her memory but she dint say anything about the possession being painful , and harry found it very painful when Voldy tried to possess him , it mite be bcuz voldy tried to possess a body which already had his soul , so that wud be a total of three souls in one body , two pieces of voldy's and one harry's ... maybe there was some kind of repulsion during that possession bcuz he was trying to possess his own soul !

on the other hand( i know i keep contradicting myself but i cant help it , this whole thing is so darn complicated ... i am tring to see it from different angles .... ) , it doesnt seem so impossible that voldy tried to kill one of his own horcruxes knowing that it is one bcuz ... well , he has other horcruxes right ? and he can make more ...

ok , i wud just like to add another thing , dont mean to offend anyone but this debate has turned from whether harry is going to die in the 7th book to whether harry is a horcrux or not ...

even if harry is not a horcrux , it doesnt mean that he cannot die ....

Originally posted by T.

If he knew Harry was a horcrux, then it would be folly to try to kill him without removing the soul! In the duel in Bk 5, he keeps trying to kill Harry without trying to remove his soul. Would he not attempt to retrieve it first and transport it to a "safer" place?[/quote]

[quote=achal] But why would he want to? It would be much easier to just kill than have a horcrux as an enemy.. If he had attempted to remove his soul first, then Harry might've done something to harm Voldy before he could do anything.. He couldn't just waste his time doing that.. I know that Voldy loves him too much, but he also knows that he has many other horcruxes.. He doesn't yet know that Harry already knows about his horcruxes, so hw wouldn't think twice about destroying one od his own horcruxes that was a threat to him, just for the sake of his other souls.. Why would he waste his time thinking about a soul of his that is within his enemy?[/quote]

well...I completely agree with Achal that [as T.is saying that If he knew Harry was a horcrux, then it would be folly to try to kill him without removing the soul]Voldy didnt know that harry is a horcrux till book 5th...I think he still doesnt know that harry is a horcurx nor abt  harry's knowledge abt voldy's horcruxs...

[quote=T.]Again I disagree. There is a "connection" as you said. The scar transferred some of Voldy's powers into Harry, but not his qualities. However, a SOUL has a stronger influence.[/quote]

[quote=achal]ONLY Voldy's powers? Speaking parseltongue might be one of the power, but knowing how Voldy feels at a certain time, I don't think that can only be called a power transfered when a strong spell backfired.. It is something more, something that might've been influenced by a soul you have of someone else within u.. I agree that Harry doesn't have qualities of Voldy exactly, but if only scar is the horcrux, then it should have very less influence on u, like feeling what the other person is feeling, and having wierd visions.. Things that have to do with brain, since Harry's scar is nearest to his brain.. His bravery and his positiveness is in his heart, which has very less influence by his scar..

here too ,I agree with achal..that bcoz of that scar given by voldy which sum of us including me think that its voldy's soul...harry does possess sum of voldy's qualities...the most imp.quality is that of speaking parseltongue....just think abt this...how is he able 2 speak parseltongue?πŸ˜•..as he has no connection [at all]with slytherins.. Its just coz of  voldy's soul...that harry possesses😳

& the statements by achal[that I hav underlined above] r absolutely valid..I 100% agree with achal on these points too😊

Edited by zara29 - 17 years ago

Originally posted by lunza

ok , i wud just like to add another thing , dont mean to offend anyone but this debate has turned from whether harry is going to die in the 7th book to whether harry is a horcrux or not ...

even if harry is not a horcrux , it doesnt mean that he cannot die ....

thats exactly wat I said earlier in my reply that..Harry can die due to sum other reasons/causes too😳..ITS not just horcrux's issue😳

grt debate is goin...i love it πŸ˜›

[quote=achal]I dunno about this one either.. Are you sure that love is the charm needed to seal a horcrux.. I've never heard this before.. Maybe it isn't love that is needed to seal a horcrux at all, since making a horcrux is a very evil thing, and it requires killing, and splitting of the soul....[/quote]

Exactly. But, as Slughorn said you need to also seal the horcrux into an object with a charm. What charm was performed on that night? you say there was a splitting of the soul. But, you agree with me that love was too pure a thing to seal anything as evil as a horcrux.

So, how did the horcrux get sealed in a SCAR, in a WOUND of all things?

Another argument you made was that Voldy would kill off a horcrux which turned against him. Again, that does not make sense as that would bring him closer to mortality. Voldemort means one who can never die. His greatest fear is death or mortality. Why would he subject his own soul to his greatest fear?

Also, How can Voldemort (not harry the "object" or harry's scar the "object") turn against Voldemort himself? Tom Riddle in the Diary did not. how would Harry's SCAR turn against him?

Again, I repeat, there is a "connection" between them which is the scar. It gives voldy access to some of Harry's thoughts via long distance and vice versa. The scar is something like the Dark Mark which the Death Eaters have. They are summoned by Voldy even from great distances. The marks are not souls. The only difference between them and the scar was that the spell backfired giving harry more power and knowledge than he was supposed to have. The connection is special but it is NOT A HORCRUX.

With regards to the prophecy, it is very clear that Neville will not kill Voldemort especially in Book 6. I can't quote verbatim, but that entire chat made it very clear that Harry would have to kill Voldy not anyone else.

As Dumbledore said: The prophecy was not important, BUT, Voldy ACTED on it and made the first attack.

He gave Harry the mark and powers and he even left some sort of a connection between them. Harry MUST kill him in the end as Neither can live while the other survives.

Even if Harry would not want to kill, Voldy will never stop hunting for him (out of fear that Harry could kill him in the end). It was the difference between defending oneself when attacked unexpected and going into battle with one's head held high. After harry finds all the horcruxes, he will have to kill Voldy.

No one else will be able to destroy Voldy, least of all Neville.

Neville is important, but his strength is no match for Voldy. Characters change in the course of 6 books. Ginny grew stronger too. That does not mean she will kill Voldy.

Edited by T. - 17 years ago