Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The Week That Was - Page 4

gilgamesh thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: DiyaS

But I have to say hats off to the cv's ... they stuck to their guns - they did a whole two weeks without any wicked scheming dominating saas or even a wicked scheming vamp, without any glitzy glamourous wedding scenes, without any romantic lovey dovey eyelocks, and got the story moving ... and THAT is what has kept the trp's high! Even the drama was not OTT - neither the Shyam revelation to Khushi - in other shows it would be in front of a million people, with the camera focussing on everyone's face twenty times ... here it was very private and very intense ... one slap, some low voiced furious words ... and done! And it's the aftermath which is the shattering part ...

Similarly the Arnav La break up - very maturely handled, and again no OTT drama, no bawling sobbing spurned woman and so far she doesn't even seem to be turning vampish!

This week the show moved on story alone ... Arhi will come in due course, but we have to wait patiently, because this week the focus was NOT on Arhi. And I for one am glad the story is moving!

Last couple of weeks have been great at IPKKND...the story moved forward and, as you said Diya, part of its charm remains that the CVs project it in a "very private and very intense" manner where the aftermath has a really chilling effect (highlighted in quote above)...saying all of that , ASR's "Don't you ever, EVER  do that to me again" is going to resonate in our dreams for a very long time time to come... 😍...sigh...loved the weekly recap and depth you add to it Diya...
Edited by gilgamesh - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice recap of the week as usual Diya.

Lots happened this week. Loved the decisive way in which Arnav sets about cancelling his engagement with La. She was heartbroken but does handle it well once she hears the truth one she knew all along.

Anjali, well we can only hope that she will show at least an iota of the strength that La showed when she finds out about Shyam. I suspect she will crumble to dust though. I understand Khushi's stance, but think it will come back to bite her.

And I am glad that the CVs did not show Arnav mesmerized with Khushi's look. It would have been unbelievable. He has just broken someone's heart, surely he cannot be expected to drool over someone else straight away. 

bikerider thumbnail
@diya  once again a good summary

agree with you  PH is smart enough not to go with replacement.
and sarun chemistry is awesome too

yeah arhi are single and ready to mingle
can things get any better

haha agree hubby dear was worried more about  dear wife not recognizing the voice

yeah blah and kushi  friendship is one of the sweetest thing of the show. i seriously wish
CVs wont bring blah as -ve

one more thing that has been scaring me is arnav not willing to be emotional infront of kushi
she taught him  but then he is not comfortable now being emotional infront of him.
kushi has to make him confortable a difficult task but not impossible.

yeah also loved the way CVs kept both arhi in their specific character, kushi wont bent
she ketp quite only because of anjali nothing to do with payal or shyam
Arnav so easily says sorry now and he is guilty of playing around with blah.

i am fine with anjali, buaji and garima because these characters are required

i always jump at favouring CVs.   but you made a good point  yeah no scehaming
no OTT hatread not OTT drama.  just story moved ahead they just took two
epis to send blah out of ASRs life,   so its finally left to them what and how
they want it to go.

@zu yeah i miss rabba ve,  dupatta flying, wind blowing and  dhak dhak
 i hope we will see some eyelock during the song

@opti i too missed your symbolism post
liked the discussion between you and  diya

--Krish-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely post !!
Always look forward to your post on Sundays 🤗
-Appy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: lwfw

one more thing that has been scaring me is arnav not willing to be emotional infront of kushi
she taught him  but then he is not comfortable now being emotional infront of him.
kushi has to make him confortable a difficult task but not impossible.

@bold..sharu...me too wondering about this...but hoping its just a matter of time and arnie boy will come around...we did see that star wala episode where he did seem to open up to kushi...so there is hope for us 😳

hope you are having a good weekend!
🤗 appy
bikerider thumbnail
@appy yeah thanks for reminding about star wala epi 🤗
yeah there is hope😉
my weekend was good, how was yours.
but waiting for tomorrow 8pm
-Drishti- thumbnail
res for now.. will try and come back with a long comment later, if possible.

till then, beautiful as always Diya! 🤗 The last week was not great in terms of ArHi scenes, but the progress it made as a whole was worth the lack of ArHi...and really looking forward towards the following epis. Looks like a lot will happen with Arnav-La telling everyone of their broken engagement, Khushi's broken engagement probably coming to the fore too etc..so we're in for a truly emotional week. Lovely post!
pinky_blueskies thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Diya!!

Awesome recap.. Really loved reading it!

Major points which I completely agreed from your post are:

1. Anjali and Shyam's relationship - Totally unbelievable. Both have a mind which are truly psychotic. Anjali is on her thaalis and pujas while Shyam is in his own snakey world.

2. Arnav - La break up - It wasn't easy for La but she expected. It was really a very touching moment and both of them did it really well. In the span of 6 months, La's image has changed drastically. I'm loving the new La. I really felt bad for her but the hug was really sweet.

About Khushi not mentioning about Snake to Anjali and Arnav announcing to the family about he not getting engaged to Lavanya - both nail-biting for me.. I want to know what's going to happen when they get to know.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

:D
-Gayathri- thumbnail
Beautiful weekly post once again diya! also enjoyed reading some lovely posts here especially Opti's ! Great posts by you two! 👏
Yep indeed a lots happened in the last week's epis in terms of storyline even though we had very little of Arhi..and I felt it was worth it as finally the story has started to move on..and definitely my fav pick on last week was Arnav-La's break up scene on Wed epi..it was the most touching scene and it spoke volumes about how much La and Arnav both have evolved all thanks to Khushi's influence like you pointed out! and Khushi's decision on not telling Anjali the truth based on her reactions to the falling mangalsutra was also very understandable..anyone in her place wld have done that! 😊

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Going to airport in few hours, but when I come back, I'll def touch base on this.

So looking forward to this every week Diya!