Amrita advised me to try out television!"

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Amrita advised me to try out television!"

This is one man who's happy with the deal God has given him! His sentences are punctuated with the word 'fantastic' and he's enjoying every bit of the adulation that he's getting. Kamal Sadanah is the complete rockstar in the truest sense, not only because he's charming and down to earth, but because he has chosen to take failure and pain in his stride and moved on, keeping only the good things in mind....and realised his true calling! The actor is currently doing Kasamh Se, Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Kamal Sadanah

Ananya Sengupta spoke to the elusive star, who refused to take calls on the sets of his shows, but called back later, keeping his promise!

"I am having a fantastic time"
I am today busy doing three Balaji shows and really it's fantastic. I'm having a great time! Maybe I'm saying all this because I am new and still to expereince the hectic life, but as of now, I am happy! My track is increasing by the day and what really started as a guest appearance has now a whole new dimension. I am happy that my work's being appreciated.

"There's no such thing as 'I didn't get my due!'"
We are all responsible for what we get. I can never get back the young blood or the age that I had when I entered the industry. There are certain things that can happen only when one's young!

"I signed a bunch of bad films"
I never had anybody to guide me! I signed bad films and paid the price. I don't regret them because they gave ne a brilliant lifestyle for sometime, I didn't have to worry about finances and I had absolute independence. I could travel, go water rafting and also explore my spiritual side!

"Marriage has changed me"
Marriage has made my life! It's totally the greatest thing that has happened to me. And now with another baby on the way, life couldn't be better!

"With Karkash, I have explored the new Indian woman"
Karkash talks about male chauvinism. There I have explored my own relationship with my wife. It talks about the challenges that the woman faces in the present day and age. I have tried to expose the double standards that exist in the society!

"Dingy advised me to try out television"
Dingy, (Amrita Singh) advised me to try television. One evening couple of months later, I was offered the role. I didn't discuss anything, just the character and in two days time, I was on! And two months down the line, I am still here!

Kamal with wife Lisa

"Balaji doesn't pay me for taking calls on the sets"
I think it's unprofessional to take calls on the sets of the shows I am doing! It's not because I enjoy having journalists chase me, but because, I think it's unfair! I don't think

"I haven't spoken to Ekta Kapoor yet"
I had known Ekta during my school days. But I haven't spoken to her or met her since! Now, I am doing three of her shows, I guess I am just plain lucky!

"There should be an award for the creative guys at Balaji"
I am totally amazed at the way that the guys work here! They change tracks, complicate things and not only manage to remember what's happening in the different tracks, but also manage to sort them out finally!

Kamal in his younger days!

"The actors here make no fake efforts to be friendly..."
All the actors on the sets of these shows made me feel amazing when I first started out. They treat you as if you are the latest member to join the family. They helped me to adjust to everything around me. They are very professional, they come on time and kleave when their work is done!

"I will not do movies again"
No movies for me ever again! I'm happy with what I have.

thanx jingle for the article 😊
thanks for the article....hmmm...doing 3 of ekta's serials but havent met her ever since..he just met her on during school days...that's many years ago...