‘I’m just a cricket fan. It’s not a perso

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

'I'm just a cricket fan. It's not a personal thing'

ROSHNI OLIVERA .. 

What's the campaign you've initiat ed to bring Sourav Ganguly back in the Indian cricket team?
I wouldn't call it a campaign really, because that sounds like some kind of a dharna. It's the sentiment of scores of avid cricketer watchers that I'm putting forth. We feel injustice has been done to him.
What do you plan to do?
I'm in the process of gathering signatures from other fellow actors who feel strongly about the issue, but do not know what to do. We will hand it over to the BCCI.
Do you think this will make a difference?
My guess is as good as yours. Yes, nothing can happen overnight. But we have to do something in our own way. Maybe it would have some effect. May be the selection process would undergo some positive changes. Sourav is a cricketer who has in his career in the past performed consistently, he has been the best captain we've had. He went through a very bad patch sometime ago. But you can't discard him like that. Every cricketer goes through a bad patch. Give him a proper chance. If he performs, fine, if not you can give him the golden handshake. But he deserves that chance.
Is Sourav a friend of yours?
No. We met at a charity match. I'm just a cricket fan. It's not a personal thing.
But, don't you think there are younger cricketers waiting for a chance to get into the team too?
Age has nothing to do with it. Right now the experienced ones in the team are not performing. But that doesn't mean that you drop all of them. You give them a fair chance. Give them a fair amount of rope; they'll either save themselves or get hanged!

Posted: 18 years ago
is there a place where common man can sign too coz i m ready to do anything to bring dada back