Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoodyFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: ceejay

very disappointed with how BB5 has turned out.
i have watched all seasons of BB.  its the only Indian tv show i see.

BB should stop getting superstar hosts

Arshad Warsi was the best host - he was witty and sincere, committed time to watch all uncensored stuff too and always knew what exactly was going on.

yup...i agree...Arshad Warsi was very good as a host
i also liked Amitabh Bachchan & Shilpa Shetty (though she was a little boring)...but they were not poking there nose in every matter like salman.
i wish next season they bring Arshad Warsi or even Riteish Deshmukh would do fine as a host. I really like them as they are very funny & have very good comic timing.
Edited by avni.137 - 12 years ago
girlie_giggles thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Moderator-

What a double faced attitude by Channel and sallu both. 🤔

First they invite controversial celebs like Sky, PM, sid onto their show knowing their terrible record in other reality shows. And after using all their fights for TRPs, now suddenly they ask them to stop and behave nicely with each other. Come on ! If you did not want fights, why did get these controversial celebs on the show ? Why did not you take more raageshwari and Gulabo sapera kind of people ? 😳

And Bigg Boss does not know how to use his privileges and authority. Not a single time, he punished any of the housemates after any dirty fight. Nobody even felt presence of Bigg Boss so they continued to ignore him and took him for a ride.🐷   So Salman Khan (who shows up once in blue moon), suddenly decides to enter into house and teach everyone a lesson of  humanity . How absurd !!! 😕

Except Amar and Sid, I don't think anyone really gave a damn about what sallu said. They were just quite coz sallu is powerful entity in entertainment world and he can turn childish and spoil everyone's career (Like vivek Oberoi ). So sallu is more powerful than bigg boss himself now ?

Why did Sanju not enter the house ? Sanju is regular host and knows more about whats happening than Salmaan. But sallu being sallu, can't control his emotions and wrongly uses his star status !

Very well said..
girlie_giggles thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CunningLinguist

The whole concept of Bigg Boss is that contestants are completely isolated from the outside world, this means that they have no access to the outside world in any form, and neither are they given any outside information that may influence their behaviour.  The role of a host is to host, they are supposed to be neutral and impartial, even if they may have their own personal likes and dislikes, they are not there to admonish, belittle or guide anyone.  Contestants are supposed to figure things out for themselves, change should come from within, not from the outside.

Anyone who is famililar with Big Brother, will know that the host stays out of house politics, infact the only interaction they have with the contestants is when it comes to annoucing the evictee, there is no vtv bollocks.  Bigg Boss on the other hand is completely incompetent at running this show, they constantly meddle with the happenings of the house, providing the housemates with information that changes their behaviour, and this time they sent a murderer to impart lessons in good and bad behaviour, absolutely ridiculous.

As for Salman, this show isn't made solely for the pleasure of your mother, or anyone elses for that matter, there is a reason why this show is aired after watershed hours, because it may contain use of language and behaviour which is unsuitable for younger viewers, and if you are too tired to watch fights on this show at the alloted time schedule, you are free to tune into any of the religious channels. 

Instead of asking people not to fight, which is inevitable when you have a bunch of people stuck inside a house for 2 months,why don't you ask the editing team to cut out all the arguments, fights, altercations, and just show the contestants sitting around twiddling their thumbs, doing jack all... that way you'll be able to watch the show peacefully at 10:30pm.

Agree with you absolutely..
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
well i think salman was told to do what he did,he didnt just walk in the house to reprimand them on his own...its the channel's fault...they wanted the unnecessary fights, they highlighted them, the contestants know that...so why blame the contestants if they are acting like idiots...the contestants know the formula to win the show...so why this drama all of a sudden like you care...totally agree with cunninglinguist...the host are supposed to be neutral and not show their emotions...i have seen this in some singing competition as well...the judges walking off because their favs were voted off...i am like WTH!!
why give the right to people to vote if you are going to dislike their decision...just pick the winner yourself.