currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Rohit's double whammy
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 30, 2006

Rohit Roy
He's done his share of films in the past, but the latest development in his professional life, has Rohit Roy thrilled. "I think it's an exciting turn in my life, something I want to make the most of."

Roy recently signed a two-film contract with White Feather Films. "As part of the deal, I am doing two projects – one is with Apoorva Lakhia and the other with Sanjay Gupta."

When asked about the genre of the films, Roy said, "Sanjay will very shortly be making an announcement of his next, after Zinda. I think it's a project very close to his heart and I am proud to be part of it."

Baddie role

The second film is titled Shoot Out At Lokhandwala, where Roy plays one of the bad guys. "Apoorva has been my college friend and I know him well. His film is based on a true incident that happened in the city. The treatment will be very slick and stylised, like his previous projects."

No more TV

The actor says he wants to work on his look and devote a majority of his time to these films. "The fun part is that my look in both films is very different from each other. So I will get a chance to work on it."

What about television? Does he plan to take on more work? "At the moment, I am working on Ravi Chopra's Virasat. I don't want to take on any more projects."

When asked about Gupta's style of filmmaking, Roy said, "I always tell everyone that Sanjay Gupta presents men the way Yash Chopra treats his women. Sanjay is not only brilliant at story-telling, but also has an amazing vision."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanks a lot. Hope everything turns out best for Rohit.