Rabba Ishq Na Hove
Rabba Ishq Na Hove

varun returns wid arrange mariage-article

Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Varun returns with Arranged Marriage
He was first noticed in Koshish Ek Aasha on Zee. Varun Badola went on to become a household name with Star Plus' Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand. He further strengthened himself as an actor with Astitva — Ek Prem Kahaani on Zee TV. Though all these shows were women centric with female leads in the form of Sandhya Mridul, Sangeeta Ghosh and Niki Aneja respectively, Varun managed to stay in the limelight and got noticed as an actor of substance.

After proving his versatility by playing varied characters (a mentally challenged person in Koshish — Ek Aasha, a lover boy-turned-old man in Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand and a father of two teenage girls in Astitva — Ek Prem Kahani), a recent feather in his cap was looking young and vibrant alongside actress wife Rajeshwari Sachdev in Nach Baliye. Everyone knew that Rajeshwari could dance but to see Varun gyrate so well was a pleasant surprise.

Currently, Varun can be seen in Rabba Ishq Na Hove romancing Sangeeta Ghosh (yet again) on Zee TV. Continuing with his fetish of playing a variety of characters, he is all set to appear in Nukkad, Star Plus' own take on the favourite serial of yesteryears. And that's not all. After enthralling viewers in Nach Baliye, Varun and Rajeshwari will be seen next in Arranged Marriage on Star One. With so much happening on the professional front, lets hear it from the actor himself.

On Nukkad, which is going to be remade by Haasil and Charas director Thigmanshu Dhulia — "Its a totally different show from the original Nukkad. It is just on the lines of the original show and has the flavour of Nukkad. But it will have a different story", he says.

"I play the role of a guy who works in a bank. He is happily married until an Abhimaan like situation arises. His wife starts getting a higher salary than him, which makes him jealous. His boss also happens to be an old friend of his wife and gives her special treatment. Thus the rift between them widens", he explains.

Does his character have a lot of shades? "Actually when I am working with a revered director like Tigmanshu Dhulia, I do not ask too many questions. I just work," he says candidly.

On working with wife Rajeshwari — "Yes, we have been signed up for a Star One show which will probably air in March. Its called Arranged Marriage. We have already started shooting for it." So will the Nach Baliye magic be repeated on screen? "We are not cast opposite each other. She is playing a wedding planner," he says.

Varun might not be revealing much about his character but there is no doubt that Varun and Rajeshwari share a special chemistry On films (Varun was much appreciated for his performance in Chandan Arora's Main, Meri Patni aur Woh which starred Rajpal Yadav) "I have not even seen that film," reveals Varun.

Apart from acting he dances well too. So what about his big screen plans? "I don't know whether my dancing skills will help me get a film butI do not want to do films just for the sake of doing them. I would like to wait for anything and everything," he says. So is he being choosy? "The kind of roles I am looking for I am not getting presently. So I would prefer to wait." On rumours of him quitting Rabba Ishq Na Hove — "This is quite an old rumour now. Actually it started when I joined Nach Baliye and there was a difficulty managing my dates. As far as I know I am still doing the show," he clears the air.

On the current scenario of TV actors being stressed out and over-worked (After all, he is doing so many shows at a time).

So how does he handle all the stress? "I do not know how, but I am doing it for sometime now. People do get over pressurised and it's not something new in television today. You need a lot of energy. I guess you master it with time." That's valuable words coming from an experienced actor and a successful TV star!

KNPKH2ster Goldie
KNPKH2ster
KNPKH2ster

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
thanks 4 sharing
tulip007 Goldie
tulip007
tulip007

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
tfs......................................................... .............
Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
thanks.rajeshwari looks much older than varun Big smile
jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Thnak you very much for posting
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top