India-Forums

Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki
Woh Rehne Waali Mehlo Ki

How to get on a local bus episode .

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
Hey guys when i was watching this episode when Prince is trying to catch a local bus and has lots of questions . This reminded me of my experience with DTC (Delhi Transportation Corp) buses . Uptill college i had never gotten on a local bus . In College i decided i should try it for 1) Experience 2) I was saving my pocket money for a reason.Tongue

I remember asking the same questions , where do i catch this bus ? , where will i get off ? How far will it be from this place ? LOL I remember missing my bus as one had to push and shove to get into the bus. I learned that later . I also learnt to protect my bottom from all the touching and pinching from frustrated men.Confused But i must say most people were polite and answered my questions very patiently . Tongue

I also learnt to buy my ticket and keep that ticket safely( remember when Rani put it around her ring). I once bought the ticket and dumped it on the floor . The bus was as usual over crowded . Then suddenly they had routine ticket checking and asked for my ticket . I told the guy i bought it , but didn't have it . He didn't remember my face and thought i was lying . They stopped the bus and practically threw me out !!LOL

Thought i'd share my DTC experience with you !!Tongue And wondered if any one out there had any local bus experince.

missaries Groupbie
missaries
missaries

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
That was really funny. I have never been in a bus in india but when I went to india for holidays I got on a train. I remember all the pushing and missing the stop. It was definately an experiance. Smile
Miss.Supriya IF-Sizzlerz
Miss.Supriya
Miss.Supriya

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
mm very interesting....i will share mine later
Huma2 Senior Member
Huma2
Huma2

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Big smile Big smile nop no experiences never been there...cant even imagine any bus experience like that...lol...seems inteteresting...
SearchSat Senior Member
SearchSat
SearchSat

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:26am | IP Logged
I have lived in Mumbai..and similar experiences. But I was a pro by the time I went to college. It was a great challenge entering the buses and more so I felt very confident at it. Currently it has been around 9 yrs away from Mumbai and therefore I do not have the guts to get in the bus in Mumbai. Its all new territory now. I just wish to God that God does not give me that day again - to climb the Mumbai buses...
Shruthilaya Goldie
Shruthilaya
Shruthilaya

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Hey guys when i was watching this episode when Prince is trying to catch a local bus and has lots of questions . This reminded me of my experience with DTC (Delhi Transportation Corp) buses . Uptill college i had never gotten on a local bus . In College i decided i should try it for 1) Experience 2) I was saving my pocket money for a reason.Tongue

I remember asking the same questions , where do i catch this bus ? , where will i get off ? How far will it be from this place ? LOL I remember missing my bus as one had to push and shove to get into the bus. I learned that later . I also learnt to protect my bottom from all the touching and pinching from frustrated men.Confused But i must say most people were polite and answered my questions very patiently . Tongue

I also learnt to buy my ticket and keep that ticket safely( remember when Rani put it around her ring). I once bought the ticket and dumped it on the floor . The bus was as usual over crowded . Then suddenly they had routine ticket checking and asked for my ticket . I told the guy i bought it , but didn't have it . He didn't remember my face and thought i was lying . They stopped the bus and practically threw me out !!LOL

Thought i'd share my DTC experience with you !!Tongue And wondered if any one out there had any local bus experince.

hey aparna!

well... i've had sooooooo many exp. like this... don even ask...!

1) i learnt to remember bus routes 2) I learnt to bargain with the rikshaw wala [i live in chennai]...Confused 3) I've learnt to shove and push my way through da crowd...

now that i work!!!! uff... it's really hectic yaarUnhappy...CryCryCry

sugarsweet Senior Member
sugarsweet
sugarsweet

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 9:48am | IP Logged
lol LOL
i thought prince looked really cute though when he said sorry to that old guy and then in the bus also he looked like a little child when he was imitating rani in every thing she did.
the scene where he came in front of her and then offered her the seat i thought that was really cute. Embarrassed Embarrassed
Jaslove IF-Rockerz
Jaslove
Jaslove

Posted: 30 March 2006 at 11:21am | IP Logged
wow aparna it must hae been really hard. Smile

Go to top