India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

|Revised YAS 2| Discontinued (Page 36)

DivineDreams. IF-Stunnerz
DivineDreams.
DivineDreams.

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Okay now .. I haven't been commenting on YAS I know.. and I read it of course . I've always told you that you're an amazing writer. And I always loved YAS. Honestly if you ask me when I first read JAD like the first chapter. One thought occured me that "Man Amal can write suspense stories" really well.. The new YAS is not the suspense which was there you know .. and honestly .. Baby I've told to this to Chiku also.. This is YOUR story. YOU thought about it and I know how it is to let go of an FF which you really want to continue .. So in my opinion the pehla wala YAS. BUT at the end of the day it;s YOUR ff .

Edited by -ZooZoo- - 23 December 2011 at 7:56pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aubade.

DivineDreams.
DivineDreams.

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kajen_hamesha

firstly calm down :) why were you so upset after you read the original version? i like both the new version and the original version because they're both different in their own ways. If the only reason you want to go back to the original version is because you're having writers block then i would say don't go back the original. Because all writers have writers block at some stage, but i'm sure you'll soon find inspiration and you'll be able to write. However, if you want to go back to the original because it was closer to your heart, and because you personally prefer that version then go back to the original. I can give you my opinions on both the versions, but you shouldn't let your readers decide whether you want to continue with the new one or move back to the original one because its YOUR choice. You need to do what makes you happy instead of listening to other people

Okay now i'm gonna give you some pros and cons for the original YAS. this is what i think..but remember, its still you who is gonna have to decide! The pros of the original version is that i preferred your writing style. It was unique and different to other stories, and it had a certain mystery about it which intrigued me and made me want to read on. The fact that you didn't reveal everything to the audience made it more interesting, and it fun finding out all the different mysteries slowly! Also, i feel that you had more character development in the first one, maybe its just because you've written more parts..but i felt that you had developed all the friendships well and i had an emotional bond with the characters. and also, i loved all the small AR moments they had, even when riddhima didn't know his name or who he was she still felt something for him..something more than just plain respect. In the original version, i felt more of riddhima's yearning to find armaan which i liked. It was the original, so i'll always have a special place for it in my heart, and i might also be slightly biased because it was the original version.

Now the cons of the original version! Having all those mysteries sometimes meant that we were concentrating more on what might happen in the storyline rather than AR, and there were a lot less AR moments in the original and armaan seemed more like an unattainable person rather than an ordinary human with flaws. So the original version of YAS was less realistic than the revised version and it seemed more like a fairytale where the hero was perfect. In the newer version, i find it easier to relate to riddhima and armaan and their characters because they seem more human-like rather than perfect. Like for example in the original it seemed like riddhima kept waiting for armaan and loving him, even though she didn't really know him whereas in the new version she still respects him, but she's learnt to move on with her life. Also, its good that you revealed the mysteries to us in the revised version because that means we were less confused and we could see their relationship develop. 

I've given you my opinion, but you need to decide bacchi. if you need any more help, i'm always here for you. i will always love the original just because it was the first thing i read and i'm emotionally attached to it. oh i forgot to say i loved the poetry you used in the original. like in the prologue..so i loved your writing style a lot. But in the newer version, the storyline is a lot clearer. so maybe you could mix a bit of your old writing style with the newer version? its for you to decide! love you <3
And now you say you aren't mature .. Pagal itni acchi advise deti hai aur phir kehti hai I am not mature 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aubade.chainreaction.

..Maitree.. IF-Rockerz
..Maitree..
..Maitree..

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged

First and Foremost,You got me So Worried! But Now I guess I understand what you're going through. Its called a Writer's Dilemma,And I get that often..About MTB you know,that I should write past more or present. Anyways,Leave me out. I'll say what I've been thinking. 

See I Completely Agree With Radzy. She has made a Perfect Analysis. Original YAS was magical,mysterious..but as she said,Unrealistic. Armaan seemed more like a impossible Dream. And This YAS-It has a different flavor,a newness..something that we can relate to. Armaan and Riddhima as characters are perfectly defined,as well their meetings,though process and situations..All seem Realistic. Nothing is Too slow or too Fast. I love both,but in a different way. I loved the old YAS because it had such a peaceful and quite magic in it..Something that can happen in fairytales and stuff..While I love this YAS,because it has relaistic characters and a stable storyline. You told me once,remember,that you couldn't continue the old YAS because you think that wouldn't lead to a good future? I think..If you have a story in mind,anything can go far. But Obviously,Ideas change. And I'll tell you..I'm a perfect example of that. When I started MTB,I was like..Okay,I show atleast 10-20 parts only of their past and then again I'll switch back to present. But it didn't happen. My ideas changed as I relaised that wasn't sounding realistic. So I gave past and present equal importance. Fine I'm blabbering too much here about me..But what I want to put through this is, Do what You think is Right. And makes you happy. 

If you are in a tie with both the editions,I can give you a idea. See,Its your Tenth and boards..so you can't possibly write two versions,you already have loads to do. Remember that the old YAS was initially a wait for Armaan. So Do something like that. Go in flow with the new YAS...Then as you reach the point where Riddhima starts liking Armaan..Then you can show all that stuff. What I mean here is, AM is a part,a secret of Riddhima's life (in this newer version too) and obviously no one can forget such a big secret. And maybe while interating with Armaan,Riddhima feels she knows him..like she can find similarites..and a peace of mind with him. When you're in a peace of mind and heart and you're happy-I guess you are poetic,I mean,You think everything is perfect. Poetry can be used there. You can make Armaan remember flashbacks of his past with Riddhima..and Riddhima wondering if AM could really be back. The new edition can go a Long way...And you can frame it with the original one. I hope you get what I want to say. 

So dun be Upset please. You will get through this phase,I promise..You will find inspiration. Just keep doing what pleases you. Because in the end its YOUR story and YOU are the one writing it. You know best. I've just given you my opinion. I hope its not confused you though. And remember I'm always there if you need me. Just a PM away <3 I Love You Baby <3

Love,

Your Armaan <3

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ARKJ_4EVERAubade.chainreaction..Ohana.

Aubade. IF-Sizzlerz
Aubade.
Aubade.

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Baby dii and Armaan. Thanks a lot. I will think over it and come to  decision. But I just love you both for standing by me. MUAH. 

Thats the link to my new FF. Its on ArHi but got AR on it too. So you can read that till I make my head on YAS. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Rhea.KaJenshonagudiasweetdesirechainreaction.DivineDreams.

DivineDreams.
DivineDreams.

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Love ya too Baby :) Gonna read that right away :) 
KaJen_addiction IF-Dazzler
KaJen_addiction
KaJen_addiction

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
hey Amal!
actually both da versions r equally good! i m really confused which one 2 choose! but at da end of d day its ur ff so its ur decision...nd its most welcome!
da updt was superb as usual!
Merry Christmas sweetie:)
luv...SunitaSmile
Medha. IF-Sizzlerz
Medha.
Medha.

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Oye!  Rona band!  Hmm... this is a problem now.  I love both versions of this FF and I can't choose here!  You're putting me in a HUGE dilemma here!  The old one was very exciting and suspenseful, which was actually a treat to read (even though I always bugged you to know what was gonna happen next) and the new one is also very good.  I like knowing how Armaan feels too...  But since the original one is also going to have both POVs... I think you should continue with the old one.  Not that I don't like the new version, but I think it's the older version that has touched everyone's heart has made us love YAS even more.  Aage teri marzi. Smile  And I want a reply!  Itni mehnat karke likha hain! LOL  JK.

-Medzi-
qt4ever Goldie
qt4ever
qt4ever

Posted: 24 December 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
lovely pert
cont soon

Go to top