|Revised YAS 2| Discontinued - Page 24

Posted: 12 years ago
Is anyone here? I need support badly. I was reading the old YAS here and I am literally fighting tears. ðŸ˜­ What do I do? As much as I love my new YAS, original YAS brings me so much memories.😭 
NOTE AND POLL:

Curse me all you want! But I am going through what people call writer's block. I seem to only have ideas but no words to pen them as I want them to turn out. And yesterday I was reading the previous YAS and I was fighting tears. So at this point, I want all of you to decide for me. WHICH SHOULD I CONTINUE? Original YAS or the revised YAS?

Now pros: Original YAS : Its the original, of course and it has a certain flavor that I think is very different.

Revised YAS : Its modernish and I have more ideas here.

Cons : Original YAS : If you hate the poetry I used there, then that's a con.

Revised YAS : Its way too simple. Nothing different from other FFs especially when compared to original YAS. <3

Now tell me. I actually considered stopping YAS but I don't have the heart to do it. YAS is my baby and will always be. Can you guys make this one decision for me because I can't be partial right?

Love ya all,
Amal

Edited by SmokingDreams - 12 years ago
Originally posted by kajen_hamesha

BACCHI

Jaani, help me. ðŸ˜­ What do I do?
firstly calm down :) why were you so upset after you read the original version? i like both the new version and the original version because they're both different in their own ways. If the only reason you want to go back to the original version is because you're having writers block then i would say don't go back the original. Because all writers have writers block at some stage, but i'm sure you'll soon find inspiration and you'll be able to write. However, if you want to go back to the original because it was closer to your heart, and because you personally prefer that version then go back to the original. I can give you my opinions on both the versions, but you shouldn't let your readers decide whether you want to continue with the new one or move back to the original one because its YOUR choice. You need to do what makes you happy instead of listening to other people

Okay now i'm gonna give you some pros and cons for the original YAS. this is what i think..but remember, its still you who is gonna have to decide! The pros of the original version is that i preferred your writing style. It was unique and different to other stories, and it had a certain mystery about it which intrigued me and made me want to read on. The fact that you didn't reveal everything to the audience made it more interesting, and it fun finding out all the different mysteries slowly! Also, i feel that you had more character development in the first one, maybe its just because you've written more parts..but i felt that you had developed all the friendships well and i had an emotional bond with the characters. and also, i loved all the small AR moments they had, even when riddhima didn't know his name or who he was she still felt something for him..something more than just plain respect. In the original version, i felt more of riddhima's yearning to find armaan which i liked. It was the original, so i'll always have a special place for it in my heart, and i might also be slightly biased because it was the original version.

Now the cons of the original version! Having all those mysteries sometimes meant that we were concentrating more on what might happen in the storyline rather than AR, and there were a lot less AR moments in the original and armaan seemed more like an unattainable person rather than an ordinary human with flaws. So the original version of YAS was less realistic than the revised version and it seemed more like a fairytale where the hero was perfect. In the newer version, i find it easier to relate to riddhima and armaan and their characters because they seem more human-like rather than perfect. Like for example in the original it seemed like riddhima kept waiting for armaan and loving him, even though she didn't really know him whereas in the new version she still respects him, but she's learnt to move on with her life. Also, its good that you revealed the mysteries to us in the revised version because that means we were less confused and we could see their relationship develop. 

I've given you my opinion, but you need to decide bacchi. if you need any more help, i'm always here for you. i will always love the original just because it was the first thing i read and i'm emotionally attached to it. oh i forgot to say i loved the poetry you used in the original. like in the prologue..so i loved your writing style a lot. But in the newer version, the storyline is a lot clearer. so maybe you could mix a bit of your old writing style with the newer version? its for you to decide! love you <3
Shucks! I have missed out on so much. :| There's a revised version of YAS? :O

I have yet to read the revised version but I certainly did love your original version! It was very unique and different. :) Although I haven't read the revised version, I am certain that you must have done a wonderful job as usual. So I am fine with whichever version you would like to go with, as long as we get our daily dose of YAS. :P Hopefully I haven't further confused you! Love you! <333

Anu Di. :)
Jeez. I will cry now. Radhu dii. I love ya so much for giving me that lecture, jaani. Okay. I will just think over it for some time. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. You are my unborn sister. MUAH.
I love you too bacchi <3
i hope it helped and didn't confuse you more ðŸ˜† i don't wanna tell you what i think because i want you to decide for yourself what you want to do! I don't mind whatever you do..but don't give up on YAS!
Amal i i agree with Radhu dont need to be sad of it relax I loved Original YAS & lastest one too bt as Radhu said in Original YAS less AR were there it was mysterious type bt the current one is perfect the storyline is also moving in current YAS it is also more realistic than Original YAS..But old YAS had more thrillers &  suspenses which makes us more inpatient to read the ff more it was a like a thriller ff ..Even i a confused i loved the old YAS it was more close to my heart i always loved the side tht riddhima  still keep waiting for Armaan inspite of not knowing him so  of  both  them u wrote was awesome bth u wrote in a different style that too beautifully ..I love both of Original &  current YAS to...bth r fav i wouldnt mind if u continue any of them bt i prefer old one which had a lot more surprises, suspenses, it was an absolutely different theme..Armaan character was mysterious which make reader eager to read it ..that doesnt mean i dont love current one both r awesome ..now u decide  Edited by -pooluvsKaSh- - 12 years ago
anlam kiddo 1st clam down i love both the ff both r different in many angles. if u want u can continue the 2 also by changing its name or useing this version as RES VERSION we wont mind if u r OK with it 
hey jus read both ur versions of yas...i lyk both de version...so cont wicever u feel lyk to...n hey u rele write well ðŸ˜Š