Debate Mansion

A Little arrogance -Catalyst for success? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 26 October 2006 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Maya*

Why does people confuse self-confidence with arrogance? In JDJ forum I see many dislike Shveta Salve because she seems arrogant. In other reality shows like FG and II Arpita and (I forgot the girl from II) were voted out earlier because they didn't come out as pleasant, nice and had a bit attitude. Do people dislike/threatened by girls with self-confidence?

I know....People find it wrong even if contestants know that they are good

ARpita knew she was a fine singer,and when they "KNOW" their potential,why should they underperform or say "I'm not at all good"Confused....Nothing wrong in knowing one's potential,it just connotes self confidence,which is very salient,because only if One believes in oneself,would the world believe in you....AS long as the talent doesnt get to their head resulting in complacancy,why not be self confident

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Little arrogance -Catalyst for success? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 October 2006 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

punjini

IF-Dazzler

punjini

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:31am | IP Logged
It is a culture thing. In the US, "self confidence" bordering on arrogance is appreciated while in India and maybe the whole of Asia, underplaying your abilities or humility is considered a big virtue. So you can imagine what happens when Asians go with the humility virtue to the US! Big smile

But smart Asians have learnt the trick of projecting their confidence in order to be successful abroad.

On a personal level, I have developed a dual personality. I downplay my confidence in front of Asians and overplay it in front of Westerners. Sometimes I wonder which one is the real me!

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 27 October 2006 at 5:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by punjini

It is a culture thing. In the US, "self confidence" bordering on arrogance is appreciated while in India and maybe the whole of Asia, underplaying your abilities or humility is considered a big virtue. So you can imagine what happens when Asians go with the humility virtue to the US! Big smile

But smart Asians have learnt the trick of projecting their confidence in order to be successful abroad.

On a personal level, I have developed a dual personality. I downplay my confidence in front of Asians and overplay it in front of Westerners. Sometimes I wonder which one is the real me!

I agree completely...it is a cutural thing!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
bump

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
yup, I love the touch of arrogance

but we should make sure that we really possess the quality that we are proud off before we show it off or else one ends up looking like a bufoon Wink

again as I say in my sig
........... Wink

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Maya_M

Why does people confuse self-confidence with arrogance? In JDJ forum I see many dislike Shveta Salve because she seems arrogant. In other reality shows like FG and II Arpita and (I forgot the girl from II) were voted out earlier because they didn't come out as pleasant, nice and had a bit attitude. Do people dislike/threatened by girls with self-confidence?

Do they?Wink

I am not sure if the intent of the show was promoting women/girls

I thought the shows were to promote talent, gender really is immaterial

but again yes, some vote b'cos the contestant is beautiful, some dont vote b'cos the contestant is (perceived as)arrogant, some vote b'cos the contestant is a girl. People do possess insecurities I guess.

Somehow Talent always takes a backseatWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top