Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

FF: It wasn't just love -Chapter 45-The End(03/28) (Page 15)

Post Reply New Post

Page 15 of 124

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
I wanted to bring closure to some characters and also redeem Aham a little. Hence this filler.
. Apart from that, I have always felt that Jitu Bhai is also to be blamed for Gopi's situation. He may be a sweet person but he just has to take responsibility for letting his wife trample Gopi. Maybe if he had grown a backbone his niece would not have suffered so much?.. So let me know what you think. Happy reading...

Chapter 10

"Maamaji.." Gopi ran towards her Maama. She saw him was waiting for her at the park. Her 
Maaji had discreetly stayed at a distance watching her talk to her Maama excitedly. Jitu 
Shah looked at the girl he had come to consider his own. His sister's daughter. He knew she 
had suffered  but was glad that she had found her home and a family that loved her. Jitu had 
no doubt Gopi was loved by her family and would be secure with them always. He was already 
seeing changes in his lovely girl. She was still the girl with the golden heart but now for 
the first time she seemed happy. The fear that always seemed to lurk in her eyes had vanished.

...FB...

"Do you even know what happened Jitu Bhai?" Kokila ben had asked him. Jitu Bhai had had no 
idea. 
He came home from work one day and found his daughter back from her in laws. His wife was in one of her temper tantrums and he immediately recognized that he was not going to get any 
information. Hence he went to his room as usual. The next few days he tried to get some 
information from his daughter and wife. He was told off by both as being incompetent. It 
saddened Jitu  greatly that his daughter was slowly becoming like her mother. But there was nothing he could do. Raashi had always been selfish, maybe because of her mother's influence but now he saw that his daughter had become cunning and cruel too. She seemed to be filled with hatred for her fellow beings but immediately changed her attitude when she needed something. 

From what he heard, he felt that his daughter was more worried about not getting the luxuries in her in-laws than that her husband had sent her out. He tried talking to her alone and she dismissed him saying that he had got it all wrong. But when she told him that  he cared for his niece more than his daughter he had felt sad. He assured that she was mistaken and she extracted a promise from him that he would help her. 
Jitu also found it weird to see his wife's nephew Dhawal pack his bags 3 days after 
Raashi came home. On inquiring he had said that he wanted to go back to Mumbai to start his 
business there. But Jitu could sense that there was more to it than Dhawal was letting on. 
Jitu had come to respect Dhawal for his hardwork and kindness. However he realised that his 
wife wanted her nephew to stay only for the money he brought in.
The day Dhawal left with his wife, there was a huge fight in their house. His wife made a scene and taunted Dhawal and Kinjal. His DIL did not take it lying down. Before the fight  turned ugly Dhawal intervened and forcefully dragged Kinjal out. Jitu Bhai was graeful. He had noticed that Dhawal had changed. The guy who had worshipped the floor his wife and faye walked on had suddenly become curt with them. Jitu Bhai wanted to ask if there was any  trouble but had refrained from doing so. He had faith in Dhawal to handle it on his own. But he couldn't help but overhear a part of the conversation Dhawal had with Kinjal the day Raashi had come back.
"Kinjal, I did not think any person could be so cruel. But you, my maami and Raashi ben have 
proved me wrong. I am ashamed to say that I fell in love with you." "Dhawal ji..How dare you 
talk to me like this? Do you think.." Jitu had heard Kinjal shout. "I dare because I am still your husband" Dhawal had raised his voice for the first time at his wife. Jitu thought that his voice sounded hard and harsh. "Listen to me Kinjal because I am going to tell you this only once. I know that you do not like me but before today I thought I could change that. But now I am not even sure if I even want the changed you. You, my Maami and Raashi ben have disgusted me today. If it had not been for your father, I would have come home without you and started divorce proceedings immediately. He asked me to give you another chance. I agreed because I respect your parents. If you think that you can continue your high and mighty attitude, think again. I will not tolerate that from you anymore. Remember that your family now knows who you truly are. And I do too. So stop being so pathetic and try to use that sense of yours to see the reality." Jitu was shocked as Dhawal continued. "I am going back to Mumbai to start my business there. I will give you an option. Either come with me as my wife or stay here and get divorced. I will not mind if you choose to be here. I will start divorce proceedings. Even if you choose to come with me, remember that you will not have the luxury of being waited on anymore. I will take you on the only condition that you perform your duties as a wife properly. Never expect me to do anything more than provide you with food and a house to live in. You will have to earn your keep. You are married to a middle class man, and that too a man who has started to despise you. Kinjal better that keep that in mind." Dhawal concluded and left the room in anger. Jitu understood then that 
something had happened at the Modi house. He just did not know what. 

After Dhawal and Kinjal had left he tried on numerous occasions to understand what happened. 
But expect for taunting him, his wife revealed nothing, Then out of the blue, one month later, his Son In Law Jigar burst into their house. He was accompanied by a police officer and they asked for Urmila and Raashi. His daughter and Urmila had rushed out and had started crying and shouting that they were not at fault. They started abusing the Modi's and the power they had over the police department. The police officer sternly asked them to shut up. He served them with court orders and explained that they would be arrested if they came within 500 mts of Modi Bhavan or within 150 mts of Mrs. Gopi Aham Modi. Then the officer calmly warned of the consequences if they went against the order. He then turned towards Jigarji. Jigarji till now looked on angrily at Raashi and her mother as though mentally getting their picture in his mind. Then he nodded. "Await another court summon, this time with our divorce papers Raashi." Jigarji continued leaving Jitu shocked and numb. His wife and Raashi watched him walk away open mouthed.
"That Gopi Manhoos. It is her. She has done this to us." Urmila started as soon as Jigarji left. Jitu really had enough. "What has this to do with Gopi and did Jigarji just day divorce?" He questioned his wife and daughter. His daughter looked at his wife as though asking her to stay silent and told him with tears that she had made a mistake at the Modi house. She told him that she accidently hurt Gopi and the Modi's threw her out. "I realized my mistake papa. I went with mummy to apologize to Gopi. But Gopi told me that she hated me and wanted me out of Modi Bhavan." Jitu looked at her in disbelief. He could not believe Gopi would hate anyone especially his daughter. "She thinks I am responsible for her pain Papa. She is wrong however. I tried telling her that and Jigarji misunderstood my actions. Please papa do something. All I have is you. Gopi will listen to you. Please explain things to her papa. Please. You promised ." His daughter pleaded. 
That day Jitu decided to plead his daughter's case in front of the Modi's. He also wanted Gopi to understand that she was mistaken about Raashi. He had not realized how mistaken he was.
"Do you even know what happened Jitu Bhai?" Kokila ben asked when he told her about talking 
to Gopi to clear the misunderstanding. "Do you know where Gopi is now? She is at the doctors. They are testing to see if she has dislocated her shoulder." Kokila had continued. "What happened vevanji. Did she fall?" "Jitu Bhai. Please. I have a lot of respect for you. You love Gopi vahu as your own daughter, I know and have brought her up with the values she has today. But I feel that my Gopi vahu would have been better off at an orphanage than at your home." Kokila ben had continued. Jitu had been hurt by the words but he had been shattered by what Kokila ben had told him next. "I am tired of Gopi being let down by the people she trusts the most and manipulating her for their needs. You are here Jitu Bhai to plead for Raashi, but would you be here if it had been Gopi in Raashi's place. I am pretty sure you would not." Jitu tried to tell her that she was mistaken when Kokila ben continued, "No Jitu Bhai. I do not think your wife would have allowed you to come here. She considered my Gopi vahu as her servant, nothing more and would have been happy to get her unpaid servant back. God Jitu Bhai. Don't you see, your wife Urmila and daughter Raashi hate my Gopi vahu with all their heart. I do not know why and how they can hate such a sweet child, but they do." Kokila ben had then told him everything that had happened and had concluded, "Jitu Bhai, I am sorry for hurting you but I  believe that you are as responsible for Gopi's state today as your wife and daughter. You were the one who chose to see the other way when I am sure in your heart you knew she was being mistreated. I do not know the reason for what you did, but I know that partly due to your actions Gopi vahu lost her happy childhood. Her marriage life was directly affected by that." Kokila ben had brought both her hands together in a pleading action and had told him, "She is just coming out of her bad experiences and has started living. Please do not pile more guilt on her by requesting her to help bring Raashi back. You will be doing her a big offence. We do not want to lose our Gopi bahu again to the schemes of Urmila ji and Rashi." Jitu Bhai was first stumped. He had then realized how cleverly his daughter had played him. He had felt ashamed and disgusted. But as Kokila ben talked he could not bring himself to ignore the truth. He had to be blamed because he had turned the other side inspite of knowing that Gopi was not treated well at home. He had been afraid of his wife's tongue and her abusive nature. But in trying to keep his family together, he had ruined his niece's life. Jitu Bhai knew he was to be blamed. "I did not say all this to hurt you Jitu Bhai. But I needed to. You need to understand what Gopi has gone through." Kokila ben had concluded.
"Papaji, Aham Bhai wants to talk to you." Jigarji had come downstairs just then and had given him the phone. Kokila ben had herself been surprised. What his son in law had asked of 
him that day made him realize that his Gopi had indeed found the home worthy of her. He had 
understood that Ahamji had changed, and so had his outlook.
                                                        ...FB...

"... write letters often and I will also call you." Jitu Shah came out of his reverie as Gopi was telling him to keep in touch. "Maamaji, don't worry about Panna. Maaji told me that we are bringing her home after her exams and she will be going to school from Modi Bhavan from next year. So you do not worry. Ok. I will take care of her." Gopi was talking excitedly. Jitu Bhai smiled at the happiness radiating from her face. Gopi had indeed got a home worthy of her. Her husband had made sure of her happiness by bringing home to her, the girl she loved as a daughter. "So Maamaji take care and also give maami and Raashi ben my respects and wishes..Don't forget me.." Gopi had concluded tearfully. She still respected her Maami and Raashi. Jitu Bhai was touched. His resolve strengthened. He needed to make sure his Gopi was safe. Also the tag of a divorce would not sit well in their small community. Hence his transfer would solve both the problems. "Bless you beta. You take care of yourself and your home. I am sure when Ahamji comes back from his trip you will have all the love in the world and your family will be complete. I will be awaiting some good news from you in the near future" He said. Jitu thought he imagined it, but he felt he saw Gopi's smile turn off for a second. "Is there a problem with her and Ahamji?" he wondered but immediately dismissed that thought. Ahamji surely loved his Gopi. Or else he would never have arranged for Panna to be moved to the best school at Rajkot in the middle of the year to protect her from being made a pawn in Urmila and Raashi's game. He had also started adoption procedures for Panna. "I want her to have a home and loving parents. Gopi already loves Panna. I think we will both be able to provide her a loving home and family. So please let me arrange for her adoption maamaji." Ahamji had told him over the call that day. "Only a loving husband can make such a bold decision." Jitu thought. As for him, he would continue to 
support his wife and daughter only because it was his duty. He would keep them away from 
Rajkot. He wanted his niece to live a peaceful life.
"Bye beta. Namaste Kokila ben. I will take your leave. Please take care of my daughter." Jitu Bhai told Kokila. "She is my daughter Jitu Bhai. You do not worry." Kokila assured him. She looked on as Gopi tearfully bid her Maama goodbye and watched him disappear around the corner.
"Come on Gopi beta.. We need to get back." Kokila placed her hand on Gopi and started with 
her towards the car. She saw Gopi wipe her tears away and placed her hand in her head. They 
walked to the car in silence. Jitu Bhai's departure would bring a closure to their constant vigilence on Raashi and her Mom, Kokila thought. They had been on their toes since the day Gopi wot hurt. All that remained now was for the divorce to be settled. Then the names of Raashi and Urmila would be forever removed from their lives. Kokila looked forward to the day she would be able to see her sons Aham and Jigar happily settled.
Her Aham was on his own now. She did not and could not do anything after the promise to her Bahu. But like Mota Bhabhi said, maybe time would bring him aroundy. Time... Jigar needed some time too. To come out of all the things Raashi had done. To forget the past and move on. It would take some time for him to trust anyone again. Jigar would need some help. Maybe she could help him. She may be able to find another girl like Gopi vahu . "No..No.. There can be no 2 Gopi vahus. And Jigar needs someone who would bring his smile back. Somebody just like him."  Kokila smiled at the thought not realizing that her son held the key for both her wishes coming true . The car raced towards their home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments and feedback please!!!! I know this would feel like a filler. But I had to do it. But now, I can take the story forward. Maybe finish it even in another few updatesSmile

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

1pritiaggarwalsun_smikanu_nvlkhneteche_cgagsydancydreamerLalitaLahirilovvrsshreepallavisarkarshajnaiimunnihyderabadminoushka93_Precious_-neela-uamazindu_shahrsk16shruts18Tacker_HolicnavyabNihira-fanswasthiANJ4NazmaJ-JollyJabeen-chavvi16Harshika4Life.SajnaVe.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FF: It wasn't just love -Chapter 45-The End(03/28) (Page 15)" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-JollyJabeen-

IF-Sizzlerz

-JollyJabeen-

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
What an amazing and lovely update,I love your SS,its just so awesome and grabs my attention straight away!Big smile
Please update soon,i Heart your SSEmbarrassed

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CHIKA784

What an amazing and lovely update,I love your SS,its just so awesome and grabs my attention straight away!Big smile

Thank you so much Chika.. Planning to do an update tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-JollyJabeen-

-JollyJabeen-

IF-Sizzlerz

-JollyJabeen-

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Originally posted by CHIKA784

Thank you so much Chika.. Planning to do an update tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Your awesome!
I also love your SS because its got quick updates!Wink

NazmaJ

IF-Sizzlerz

NazmaJ

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Are you planning to get Gopi and Jigar married? Because that's what I got from this!!!

Loved the update though!!

-JollyJabeen-

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NazmaJ

Are you planning to get Gopi and Jigar married? Because that's what I got from this!!!

LOL  I did not know that my last paragraph would cause such a confusion.. But interesting thought.. Jigar and Gopi Wink I don't know yet.. I never imagined them as a couple. They are so alike that I always considered them as siblings. Hmm.. Let me see where my pen takes me tomorrow. But an awesome idea. Smile (Except Aham may kill Jigar)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-neela--JollyJabeen-NazmaJ

NazmaJ

IF-Sizzlerz

NazmaJ

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Originally posted by NazmaJ

LOL  I did not know that my last paragraph would cause such a confusion.. But interesting thought.. Jigar and Gopi Wink I don't know yet.. I never imagined them as a couple. They are so alike that I always considered them as siblings. Hmm.. Let me see where my pen takes me tomorrow. But an awesome idea. Smile (Except Aham may kill Jigar)

LOL Oh I don't think I could cope!!!!
ShockedAnd I can't believe I put the idea into your head!!!!

Even though Ahem is being a pest I want him with Gopi!!

ANJ4

IF-Sizzlerz

ANJ4

Posted: 22 December 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Love the story so far...

-JollyJabeen-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top