Selina thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Jassi's new nightmare
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   April 1, 2005

Shaheen Parkar
Mona singh transformed from the ugly Jassi to the sexy Jessica
Pics: Rane Ashish
The mumbling-fumbling Jassi has metamorphosed into the gorgeous model Jessica Bedi on a one-point agenda β€” to teach a lesson to all those who hurt her.

Especially Armaan Sir (Apoorva Agnihotri). But post her makeover from ugly duckling to beautiful swan, Jassi has a whole new problem to deal with. Having shed the Jassi garb, she is now being recognised as the real person and that has put her in a new whole new dilemma…

What is that difference in your life now? 
Everyone wants to photograph me! Anywhere I go there are people fishing out their mobiles and thrusting it in my face. No one bothers to even ask if they can take my picture.

The other day, I was crossing the road just outside my house, and there were people stopping their cars and clicking me. Even in the building where I live, even in the lift!

You must be savouring the fact that people are finally recognising you as Mona Singh.
It does feel great and am enjoying every bit of it, but it is restricting my movements.  I actually want to cover up now!

Donning the Jassi garb for over a year must have been claustrophobic.
I enjoyed being Jassi. I got recognition because of that. It's just that I did not have time for myself. But even now, I am busy with so many photo shoots and interviews.

Of late, you have been anchoring shows. Does this excite you?
I'd rather stick to acting. Anchoring is a scary process. You can't make mistakes and there are no retakes. One slip-up and you are gone. I'd rather stick to acting. I don't enjoy anchoring, though I know there are many actresses who are extremely comfortable doing both.

Now that you have shed the Jassi garb, you can reveal a bit about the real Mona Singh.
Not exactly. The channel still wants me to be Jassi. All that I can say is that I'm from Pune; my family lives there. I modelled for Asian Paints and did a B4U show.

Is there any man in your life?
Where is the time for it?

There is this buzz that you are close to a co-star?
Eh?? 

Source: mid-day.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
That's a nice article, Selina! Thanks for posting!πŸ˜ƒ

So Purab's new name is "Eh?" ???πŸ˜‰
aniifuzz thumbnail

Thanx Selina! πŸ‘πŸΌ

btw, is it just me or does she look yellow? Her face, its like bright YELLOW? πŸ˜•

loveneha_r thumbnail
hehehe yes her face is yellow in the first photo....!!!
ms-tabu thumbnail

that eh is armaan ithink

tablet

queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: tablet

that eh is armaan ithink

tablet

Oops... I shud have said, Is it Samir Soni? Cos there were rumors that she and Samir are seeing each other.
alien_visitor thumbnail
I thought so too, as they were very comfy around each other in that Miss India show they hosted. Infact Samir was too Jassi Jassiying for my comfort.
jas thumbnail
Originally posted by: queenbee

Oops... I shud have said, Is it Samir Soni? Cos there were rumors that she and Samir are seeing each other.

thanks!! Selina.......

really QB 😲 jassi & purab............. i mean mona & samir

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow! mona and samir . that's cool! πŸ˜†
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: smita24

Misha not so soon. πŸ˜†

not so soon kya? πŸ˜•
agar tumhe lagta hai ki apurva apni wife ko chodkar mona se shaadi karega to yeh kabhie ho nahi sakta! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†