Substantial improvement in quality of the show...

StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Having just watched this weeks episodes at a stretch I genuinely feel there has been a massive improvement in the overall quality of the show. I know a lot of people may beg to differ and I'm not suggesting the show is perfect in every manner, but it has really come a long way from the time when Nidhi behaved like a hyperactive monkey and Ashutosh flashed his pearly whites forever. It is not yet completely on the mark but several minor and major changes have really reignited my interest in the show.

-     Anji-Ranganath - I'm glad their story is on track now. Although the uniform redesigning funda sounds very weird, it still has paved the way for them to interact more on a one to one basis. I loved their cute banter in the chappal scene.."Meri class khatam hone ko aayi hai aur aap pata nahi kahan se tehelte hue aa rahe hai"..😆. They do look quite adorable together and their scenes are fun to watch.

-     Armaan - I love how Armaan has played such a crucial role in helping Ashutosh recognize, acknowledge and act on his feelings. Without him, Ashutosh would have suppressed his emotions and brushed everything under the carpet because for him, accepting the fact that he loves a girl 18 years his junior, is disturbing and unacceptable. I really liked how Armaan told Ashutosh loud and clear that Nidhi did not need his charity, she needed his love and also that Ashutosh was being selfish by getting Nidhi a job, only to lower his own guilt.  His recent scenes have also been quite funny, especially with him buttering the organizer like anything and trying to get the Nidhi and Ashutosh story moving :P. I also really liked how Armaan is shown to be so keen on getting these two together simply because he himself suffered a similar situation and knew how painful it was to be in love but to not be with the one you love; it actually looked the writers put some thought into justifying the extent to which Armaan is helping to remove the distance between Ashu and Nidhi. Nitesh Pandey is doing a good job at playing the character...😊

-          Clothes - I seriously did not realize the extent to which CLOTHES can contribute to a scene until I saw Nidhi in the purple sari and white dress and Ashu in the black sherwani and black&white suit. I mean, how freaking amazing did they both look?  For some reason, it not only enhanced their looks but strangely enhanced even the chemistry between the two. Whoever did the clothes/styling for these scenes really deserves a pat on the back. Ashu went from devdas to dapper and Nidhi from sulking to stunning. I wish they had exchanged more words at the formal dinner, but the scene was definitely very visually appealing :D

-        Background songs - Even though initially they went overboard with the use of Bollywood songs, I think right from Tune Jo Na Kahan to Kitani Baatein Yaad Aati Hai...the song selection for the scenes has been perfect. The lyrics of Kitani Baatein truly spoke of the situation Ashu and Nidhi are in. There are so many memories and so many things to be said but both of them are incapable of doing so. What a perfectly beautiful song to augment the feel of the situation and convey the battle both Ashu and Nidhi are silently fighting with themselves. Plus the fact that they both looked drop-dead gorgeous and the sad, yet tender, glances they exchanged, I think it really took the scene to another level. Totally loved it!

-        Faaltoo logon ko minimal footage - I can't even begin to thank the writers for keeping annoying pests like Suhasini and Mallika at bay and giving them the bare minimum screen time. Suhasini devi is seriously from another planet, the woman talks so much crap like triyacharita, bawan patte, dahi, choona ...blah blah blah. I can't believe how a single person can talk so much nonsense? But oh, she herself acknowledged that she wasn't one from the "educated women population" so I guess that justifies all the bullcrap she says. Mallika's brain functioned for a day when she realized she was acting like a retard because of Choona Devi, but that realization lasted one night and soon after we saw her run after Choona Devi for more heavenly gyaan. Thank God we see them for a total of 5 minutes in each episode, it is hard to tolerate either of them for longer than that. Seriously!

-        Ashutosh-Nidhi - Although I can't comprehend how they fell so madly in love I think the current track is being handled well. It is an awkward situation because of everything that transpired between them previously but it is good to see Ashu and Nidhi away from the madness of Lucknow, especially with Dadi Bua and Choona Devi trying to respectively attach Mallika and Rohan onto them like a Siamese twin. They both needed a break from all that.

The trip gave a chance for Armaan to probe on Ashu's feelings and for Ashu to feel the pain of love. He needs her in his life but is too insecure and scared to give this relationship a chance. He knows in his heart that he loves her but words seem to fail him. Armaan's advice has had an effect and it seems that Ashu is willing to give love a chance. I don't think he will confess to her so soon, but at least he appears to have lost the fear and hesitation he harboured.

Nidhi's behaviour towards Ashu in the current scenario is understandable considering the crude manner in which he dismissed her from the hospital. She does still love him but there is too much pain and bitterness in her heart. She had decided to move on in life but running into Ashu has brought out all the feelings she hoped to run away from. Ashu tried to improve things by apologizing, or at least trying to, but he needs to understand the fact that he can't push her away and then pull her back like some yo-yo -- ruthlessly insult her one minute and then sweet talk her into a sorry. I'm actually quite looking forward to see him running into Rohan soon so that they can build on what he feels for Nidhi right now. I know there will be pain, tears and sadness but it will be all the more reason for Ashu to realize how much Nidhi means to him and probably impel him to confess his feelings to her later on. They rushed off the falling in love part, now I only hope they build up the story to the confession with utmost care and maturity.

-        The just plain weird parts - As i said before, the show is no where perfect yet and there is seriously some stuff which is just plain weird.

Firstly, we saw Maggi Man i.e. Rohan ji do nothing for so many days and then suddenly he has to go out of town for work 😕. Secondly, Armaan struts into the female organizers room like its his bedroom and then manages to impress her enough to manipulate the table cards and partners for the dance according to his will and fancy? 😕 Thirdly, what was with the lettuce, mayo, onion, cheese, hot fresh buns ka burger aur usme lipta hua sorry? So damn weird! And honestly, why do they talk so much about food...kabhi hare channe ki dal, kabhi poha, kabhi paratha, kabhi noodles, kabhi burger...TV show hai ya Khaana Khazanna? 😕

The writing is still not upto par, but there really has been a major improvement. The story is flowing in a more stable manner now and I will honestly prefer the tears over the forced comedy we have been served in the past. I think this Mumbai track has also let us bear witness to some fantastic acting by Mohnish Bahl and Kritika Kamra. Good on them! Lets see how the show progresses from here on, fingers crossed for everything to turn out good. :) Edited by DeepShadow - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
It had improved during the last week but I think on Monday, we'll be back to square one 

The writing is still the biggest drawback of this show and it's making a mockery of the fine actors they have as leads.

Armu4eva thumbnail
Lovely post Deep...and indeed.. the past two weeks since Ashus confession have been a dream ... esp the mum track... has gone really really well and given us amazing moments of surprise and pleasure...! Sadly ..the future thereafter looks a bit dicey...!! Lets c what befalls on us this Monday...! (Hope it doesnt turn mournday for me for Ashni) 
StrangeStories thumbnail
Thanks for the reply guys!

Yeah, I can sense that pretty much everyone is upset with the pending entry of Choona Devi's disciple and Maggi Man but I guess they won't let Ashutosh-Nidhi unite so easily. Reminds me of Kajol's dialogues from K3G "Yeh ishq nahin aasan bas itna samajh lee jiye, ek aag ka dariya hai aur doob ke jaana hai"...😆

The writing is strictly OK for now. They could be doing so much more but I guess they're too lazy to write something creative ..😕
Edited by DeepShadow - 12 years ago
ss3843 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well said. Its good to have many different pov posted here on the forum ðŸ˜Š  It balances out some of us who get a little extreme ðŸ˜† about how things are progressing (and sometimes not to our liking)...
Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeepShadow

Thanks for the reply guys!

Yeah, I can sense that pretty much everyone is upset with the pending entry of Choona Devi's disciple and Maggi Man but I guess they won't let Ashutosh-Nidhi unite so easily. Reminds me of Kajol's dialogues from K3G "Yeh ishq nahin aasan bas itna samajh lee jiye, ek aag ka dariya hai aur doob ke jaana hai"...😆

The writing is strictly OK for now. They could be doing so much more but I guess they're too lazy to write something creative ..😕

itne aag se bhi na guzariye.. ke...paar lagne par.. hum nahi.. humari rooh mile ðŸ˜†
StrangeStories thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

itne aag se bhi na guzariye.. ke...paar lagne par.. hum nahi.. humari rooh mile ðŸ˜†

LOL...😆

All I can say is hopefully sabar ka phal meetha hoga. If from here on they develop the story properly then I personally don't mind however long it may take for Ashu-Nidhi to be together.
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
superb post
and i am really very much satisfied by ranji track and also by armaan and rohan
they guys are making the show to stay hooked at
guddushukla thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeepShadow

I too just watched almost last 2-3 weeks episodes at a stretch

Dhoop Kinare left a lot to our imagination, but here we are getting an insight into the minds and hearts of all the chatacters

I am just loving it and enjoying the process through the eyes of both the writer and director .

My humble congratulations to the entire team on such lovely work.

justprati thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wow feels gud to see some positive posts after so many taunts on CVs n well i totally agree wid u
so many things hav been improved in d show...d choice of songs r amazing, d dresses n d luks jst wow...kritz  was luking so stunning in that saree n white dress...she was lyk drop dead gorgeous n i being a gal too cudnt take ma eyes off her n so was Dr. Ashu he was luking so dashing in that sherwani
plus i m actully happie that they arent dancing as it'd b odd for me to digest...nidhi is so angry wid ashu n she sud b coz ashu showed his unprofessional behavior by sending nidhi out of d hospital...common she cant forget it so easily n dance wid him
n ya i also want ashu n rohan to face eachother so that ashu finally realizes that he cant really give up on nidhi
so all together m happie wid d story ya many arent bt i guess thats bcoz they r thinking too much abt d future track...

nywys, amazing post...totally agree wid u