sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Exaggerated news reports on TV channels suggesting that he has had a relapse and was back in hospital have Amitabh Bachchan smiling in slight exasperation.

The health scare on Sunday was just that. A warning signal that perhaps Amitabh needed to take it a little easier after his slow and steady recuperation. After resting on Sunday he was back to work on Monday afternoon.

"I'm fine now. I was tired because I worked for three whole days for my makeup man's film (Deepak Sawant's "Ganga"). It couldn't be helped. I had to complete the work in his film, which was pending for months. I did about 30 scenes in three days, and that too in the sun," Amitabh told IANS.

Adds Sawant: "It's unfortunate that Amit-ji felt unwell after shooting for my film. I tried to make things as comfortable as possible for him. He is my bread and butter."

All the media speculation about Amitabh's health started after he cancelled his trip to Kolkata on Saturday.

"Yes, I was tired and weak after Deepak's shooting. The doctor advised me not to travel, to rest. I obeyed him. That's it. Now I am back to work."

On Monday afternoon Amitabh joined the unit of Ravi Chopra's "Babul". Of all his assignments, this was the most affected by his illness in December. It stars Amitabh as Salman Khan's father who after his son's death insists on getting his daughter-in-law Rani Mukerji remarried.

There was much jubilation, relief and optimism on the sets of "Babul" when the movie's patriarch returned.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Destiny007 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thx, glad to read he is ok