Sasural Simar Ka

India-Forums

Sasural Simar Ka
Sasural Simar Ka

should simar have revealed the prices publicly?

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
While I appreciate simar's thrifty behaviour and her ability to spot that there was a gross difference in actual prices and the prices they were charged for the groceries...

I wonder if this was the best way to reveal it -- it seemed a little too goody-two shoes to me - trying to show their carelessness or unawareness.

It is bound to create a rift with the three other bhabis  -- which may have been simar's intention to show "see how great i am and see how idiotic the other three are"

But ... in the framework of the household -- i think a more prudent way to have done it would have been to bring it to mataji's notice ... and to let her handle it both with the shopkeeper as well as the three bhabhis.

This would have preserved mataji's smartness and the dignity of the three bahus ... and simar would still have got credit privately with mataji -- after all her only goal was to score -- why should she bother about the money being spent -- that should be mataji's lookout.

By doing this public display of her efficiency -- she has made mataji look like a fool in front of the shopkeeper because they now think mataji can be hoodwinked easily and it is the bahu who is the smart one -- and she has also antagnoized the three other bhabis -- not good in a highly volatile situation already.

Mataji would have taken them to ask in her own way and in her own time -- that is, if she wanted to do something about it.   Mataji might very well have also decided that the price difference was not worth it to show down the bahus.

Or maybe mataji would have said "dont make a fuss about it this time ... i will handle it the next time we need to bring groceries for a puja"

Did simar have a right to bring it to mataji's attention ? Yes.

But I think the decision as to HOW to handle it should have been left to mataji.

Any views?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

beeangel11hooked

beeangel11 Senior Member
beeangel11
beeangel11

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
I didnt think about that as I was watching the show since my whole attention was on Ropli and Sid. However, you are absalutely right about this. She somehow showed how Mataji and other bhabis can be fool easily. Good PointThumbs Up

Angelic_A2011tinoo

hooked IF-Dazzler
hooked
hooked

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Typical case of "A new broom sweeps clean, but he old one knows the corners".

Simar may have tried to get instant brownie points this time, but by antagonising all the women who were anyways not fond of her, she has just dug her own grave.

I thought it was way too tacky n humiliating to do it in such a very public way with the entire household and the staff watching on...

Just wait Simar dear - this one smile is going to cost you many many more tears than u can imagine.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

beeangel11tinooleo4ever

leo4ever IF-Rockerz
leo4ever
leo4ever

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:32am | IP Logged
but i wonder why simar was not doing anything before she was here, it seemd like months that both sisters were in the house, why were they never doing any work? now suddenly a day into the marriage with right spouses they are lean mean working machines??

Biba.tinoo

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hooked

Typical case of "A new broom sweeps clean, but he old one knows the corners".

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I have never heard this saying before ... I love it!! thanks hooked.

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by leo4ever

but i wonder why simar was not doing anything before she was here, it seemd like months that both sisters were in the house, why were they never doing any work? now suddenly a day into the marriage with right spouses they are lean mean working machines??

well roli was never part of the household so to speak, so she can be excused  -- and she did go to college for about three days -- siddhant used to drop her off in the fancy red car.  Now that she is married she can stay at home and interfere in the household work.

and simar was just crying all day long about her non-marriage.  I suppose once the marriage things got out of the way and it was all cleared up -- then her brain cleared up too.
tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 2:53am | IP Logged
@hooked  -- i also think it is sort of tacky because it shows simar's lower middle class roots and puts them on open display.  Which is fine if

I mean the three bhabhis will take the tone that they are from wealthy families so they never had to go shopping -- how would they know the prices just like that? 

So it will again make simar aware of her father's socio-economic status.  That she is a person who comes from a cost-conscious background (which is not an asset in this particular household)

Remember the fiasco at the wedding where mataji did not want jamuna to pay for the wedding expenses because she knew he would not be able to afford it -- so she generated false bills -- and how jamuna was upset because he felt that because of his financial status simar would have to put her head down in mataji's wealthy household?

It's like someone going to a boutique and buying a dress -- and someone else who travels all across town and buys the same dress from a wholesaler.  The trick is even if you do the latter, when you live in a house with three bhabis like this -- you can just pretend you buy your clothes from  a boutique too.  Why give them satisfaction?

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top