Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Y Karunya has started singing Hemu song (Page 2)

sonagovind Newbie
sonagovind
sonagovind

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Well its kinda funny to hear someone call a set of songs as Hemu's songs......these songs dsnt belong to Hemu. If the songs are beautiful , then any other good singer can attempt it. There is nothing wrong.But I do understand the point made.Since Hemu has already become so popular and hav sung those songs beautifully , ppl will surely try n compare the two singers. I think thats the human tendency.Especially since they both r from Hyderabad n moreover they r cousins.Otherwise it would go unnoticed. So It will be wiser for Karu to choose some different set of songs. Rather than sing the ones that Hemu has already sang in SRGMP.I personally felt that Hemu sang those songs better than Karu. Karu is a great talent , in fact sings with more confidence that Hemu. But there was certainly something missing whn he sang those songs. Well I felt that way cos I was comparing those two. ....... As would so many others....its better if Karun sings other songs.

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonagovind

Well its kinda funny to hear someone call a set of songs as Hemu's songs......these songs dsnt belong to Hemu. If the songs are beautiful , then any other good singer can attempt it. There is nothing wrong.But I do understand the point made.Since Hemu has already become so popular and hav sung those songs beautifully , ppl will surely try n compare the two singers. I think thats the human tendency.Especially since they both r from Hyderabad n moreover they r cousins.Otherwise it would go unnoticed. So It will be wiser for Karu to choose some different set of songs. Rather than sing the ones that Hemu has already sang in SRGMP.I personally felt that Hemu sang those songs better than Karu. Karu is a great talent , in fact sings with more confidence that Hemu. But there was certainly something missing whn he sang those songs. Well I felt that way cos I was comparing those two. ....... As would so many others....its better if Karun sings other songs.

I totally agree with you. Another reason why its hard to accept Karunya singing these songs is when Hemu sang it, he sang it in his original voice which as AS kept stressing, was unique which it was. It was undoubtedly the best male voice on SRGMP and if I can take a step forward and say one of the best voice on all reality shows off late (Just the vocal quality, nothing more, for a 17 year old to have that is something else all together) When he sang a song, he made it 'his' song..with his own personalizations and his own feelings added to it giving it a different flavour..

if u are a Hemu fan like me, you must have heard each song so many times that they kinda get stuck in your head. I prefer Hemu's tanhayee to Sonu's now and Tanhayee was one of the best songs I've heard. Same with tumse milke, his addns to that song made it really good.. now its not a Sonu song for us, its a Hemu song. When  Karunya sings it, people are def. going to compare. Problem comes when Karunya sings Hemu songs which require a power and a more 'masculine' voice.. and he doesnt do justice to them.

And more so, Hemu was at a liberty of not having the weight to 'perform' as he sang. When he sang Ramta Jogi, Hemu closed his eyes, he didn't dance much and hence he got the feel right.. to get the true meaning, u can say that in the first line, 'Naa Jaane Dil Vich Kiiii Aaya, Main Prem Payala Pee Aaya, main pee aaya main pee aya, main prem payala pee aaya', Hemu's voice does somethin realy funky.. and all mistakes of Hemu (if any) are forgiven coz it was a Judges choice episode. Karu on the oter hand has to worry about performing, he had to match upto Ameys Satrangi Re which I thought was really good, he cant close his eyes and do all that because Farah Khan will kill him if he does, and he had reached a stage when he and Amey were the best,a lot more expectations on him..

Hemu was an underdog in the competition. How many people expected him to come to the stage where he came too? Besides, from Hemu's body language he had throught out, he never seemed like I HAVE to win this competition.. same with Nihira.. i think for them this was the stage and they showed people what their potential is. Karunya seems more determined to win and he should too, he is the only one who deserves it now..

His Dil Se Re was just phenomenal..I heard it and I was like why the HELL would he sing Ramta Jogi when he could have sung Dil Se for the A R Rahman special..but then I guess they get a list of songs and they have to pick from that..

Karunya and Hema are both phenomenal singers and hoep they make it big in life.

Edited by madhavir108 - 29 March 2006 at 10:19am
bhale Senior Member
bhale
bhale

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Its upto karunya and ii2 management which songs to sing
on stage
he should have that freedom
Karunya and hemu have different styles and have their own advts and disadvts.Despite that people compare Confused
yesterday,He rocked in the huge crowd of delhi.
I felt he is slowly gaining popularity and votes
Sunitha.V Senior Member
Sunitha.V
Sunitha.V

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:31am | IP Logged
I dont think Sony has anything to do with the songs Karunya chooses to do. The songs in question here are all relatively newer songs, mostly composed by ARR, and all of them are hits. Also, these are songs that can challenge a good singer since they are fairly difficult and they have scope for improvisation(personalisation) which make them a natural choice in a competition. Both Hemachandra and Karunya have given near perfect, improvised deliveries on all these songs.
Piscean IF-Rockerz
Piscean
Piscean

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Hi Everyone,
I was an avid participant of I-F a while ago but took time off it coz it seemed to consume my life but I just couldn't resist writing again after reading the absolutely healthy discussions conducted here! I completely agree that both Karunya and Hemu have equal rights in choosing songs are since they cannot be labelled as their own in the first place overlapping can be allowed. Comparison will arise no matter what but like someone mentioned already I think the idea is to make a song yours and not just reproduce. I'm a singer too and I know that feeling.....it's hard when people always compare you to the original or a colleague but the real challenge is upstage yourself and to better your previous performances which is what I saw in both Hemu and Karunya. I admit I could be biased since they're from the same state as I am but I truly and honestly believe in their talent and am extremely proud that being that young they've carved a niche for themselves in the world of music! So whether they sing the same songs or not they're both unique in their own ways and are extremely talented singers in their own right! Since Hemu's not competing anymore I can only wish if anyone in the forums who's in India and is a supporter of Karunya could throw in a couple of votes from my side for him as well. Whether it makes a difference or not at least I know I tried Smile
Keep up the healthy discussions!
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by giggles_2005

Bangboy ji...hemu doesnt have copyright on those songs! Wink

EXACTLY..

Tell me does people still remember Hemachandra?? seriously asking.. except few people in this Forum.. I hv nothing against him.. But why are you comparing him to Karunya??
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by uknaik99

EXACTLY..

Tell me does people still remember Hemachandra?? seriously asking.. except few people in this Forum.. I hv nothing against him.. But why are you comparing him to Karunya??

Right now people do.. not just in hte forum but in Hyderabad atleast people do. With him singing Telugu songs, people aren't going to forget him..

Did any1 forget Shreya Goshal was once upon a time a SRGM participant..coz she was was so good..she left her mark...

no harm in comparing too singers sensibly, but if u just go sayin tat karu rocks, he is the best or say tat hemu is the best, its not fair.. both have their strenghts n weaknesses..

Hemu is out now..its Karu's turn to enjoy the limelight.. hope he achieves wat he wants to achive n more..
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by uknaik99

EXACTLY..

Right now people do.. not just in hte forum but in Hyderabad atleast people do. With him singing Telugu songs, people aren't going to forget him..

Did any1 forget Shreya Goshal was once upon a time a SRGM participant..coz she was was so good..she left her mark...

no harm in comparing too singers sensibly, but if u just go sayin tat karu rocks, he is the best or say tat hemu is the best, its not fair.. both have their strenghts n weaknesses..

Hemu is out now..its Karu's turn to enjoy the limelight.. hope he achieves wat he wants to achive n more..

I agree with you..SmileSmile

Go to top