Kasauti Zindagi Ki

India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

The Bold & Beautiful Shweta Tiwari (Page 189)

amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ronitfan

Originally posted by broken heart

So Prerna isn't Bengali but actually Punjabi? You're right... Kekta really has something against Bong girls. Isn't Mukti Bengali though? "Deshmukh" hmmmm... dunno thought it was bengali.

Righto!
Prerna was introduced as Prerna Rajesh Sharma, a middle-class Punjabi lass. She was Bengali when married to Anurag and she's a Marwari now that she's married to Rishabh:)

Mukti Deshmukh is a maharashtrian..dad is called 'baba' in both Marathi and Bengali..just for the info;))

Sum peeps in Pakistan also call their Dads Baba... [Especially the "Pathans"]... I guess its cuz India Pakistan was one country before and they picked up many things from each other.

But I tell you one thing... Punjabis Rule... Chakk day Phattey!!!

No offence to anyone, me just kidding!!

Edited by amy22 - 06 June 2006 at 2:49am

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amy22

Hey, what is Marwardi? Is it a caste?

It's not a caste actually..it's a regional community just like the Bengalis and the Maharashtrians..Marwari are basically the people who live in Marwar, Rajasthan..

Plz correct me if I am wrong!
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Yeah, true. Like even Rishabh uses some beautiful Urdu words in his speech...my favourite...."ilm".... Embarrassed I love it when he uses that!
ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Yeah, true. Like even Rishabh uses some beautiful Urdu words in his speech...my favourite...."ilm".... Embarrassed I love it when he uses that!

I LOVE that as well! Even when he says 'masroof' I swoooon like maddd..he's just so good at that! I'd love him to say some soulful Urdu poetry to Prerna!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Okay, I speak Urdu... but I dun get which word's Urdu which's Hindi... like there are sum words which are REALLy Hindi like... ummmmm... 'arshirwad lo beta' then there are others which are similar or same.

broken heart Goldie
broken heart
broken heart

Hey, what is Marwardi? Is it a caste?

Well... I think it's more like a regional thing... isn't it guys? I thought it was like Gujarati, Punjabi, Rajasthani, Bengali, Tamil, etc. 

So if Vasu's the Punjabi kudi, what are you Sukhi?

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Originally posted by broken heart

So Prerna isn't Bengali but actually Punjabi? You're right... Kekta really has something against Bong girls. Isn't Mukti Bengali though? "Deshmukh" hmmmm... dunno thought it was bengali.

Righto!
Prerna was introduced as Prerna Rajesh Sharma, a middle-class Punjabi lass. She was Bengali when married to Anurag and she's a Marwari now that she's married to Rishabh:)

Mukti Deshmukh is a maharashtrian..dad is called 'baba' in both Marathi and Bengali..just for the info;))

Sum peeps in Pakistan also call their Dads Baba... [Especially the "Pathans"]... I guess its cuz India Pakistan was one country before and they picked up many things from each other.

But I tell you one thing... Punjabis Rule... Chakk day Phattey!!!

No offence to anyone, me just kidding!!

No kidding! Punjabis rule the roost!

amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by psawyer

I LOVE that as well! Even when he says 'masroof' I swoooon like maddd..he's just so good at that! I'd love him to say some soulful Urdu poetry to Prerna!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

What? Ilm and Masroof are not used in India? In Pakistan these are used like everyday!! I thought these words are used in both countires... I'm just confused now... Confused 

What do peeps say in India in stead of these two? And how do you know which word's purely Urdu and which's purely Hindi?

Edited by amy22 - 06 June 2006 at 2:55am

Go to top