Kasauti Zindagi Ki

India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

The Bold & Beautiful Shweta Tiwari (Page 186)

amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ronitfan

Mother India is currently reduced to a poor versionof Sherlock Holmes..snooping here and there with her ex-Basuuuuu! LOL!

Why DOESNT she tell anything to her husband!? LOL

LOL

Cuz Hubby Janu is out of town and she doesn't want him to be 'pareshan' for his own "wife". Anurag Unlce hai na doosron kee wife kee fikr kerne ke liye!

amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 1:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by amy22

Hey, can anyone tell me one thing... I'm not an Indian and I'd like to know... Who was Mother India and why does Prem call his mum so?

Hey there Amy!
Actually Mother India was a super hit film in India which starred superstars of yesteryears like Sunil Dutt and Nargis..Nargis played mom to Dutt in the film but they married lateer;) LOL!

So the thing is that Nargis is shown as the ideal mother to the extreme..so when she finds out that her son is the villain towards the end of the film, she kills him with his own hands!:)

Oowwww... all right. Thanks for telling...

She married her own son and killed her son-husband later on in the movie or she marrid the man in REAL life and killed her "son" in the MOVIE? ConfusedConfusedConfused

Edited by amy22 - 06 June 2006 at 1:55am
ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 1:53am | IP Logged
It's soooo annoying:( She does that all the time:((
ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 1:55am | IP Logged

Hey, can anyone tell me one thing... I'm not an Indian and I'd like to know... Who was Mother India and why does Prem call his mum so?

Hey there Amy!
Actually Mother India was a super hit film in India which starred superstars of yesteryears like Sunil Dutt and Nargis..Nargis played mom to Dutt in the film but they married lateer;) LOL!

So the thing is that Nargis is shown as the ideal mother to the extreme..so when she finds out that her son is the villain towards the end of the film, she kills him with his own hands!:)

Oowwww... all right. Thanks for telling...

She married her own son and killed her son-husband later on? ConfusedConfusedConfused

*eeeewwww*

Noooo!!!

The actor Sunil Dutt and Nargis got married off after the film as they fell in love and not the characters in the film!LOL!

Here-

amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 1:59am | IP Logged
*LOL*

Thanks, ronitfan, for explaining... I nearly thought she married her own son and killed him later on in the movie.

broken heart Goldie
broken heart
broken heart

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:12am | IP Logged

Hmmm... Mother India is an idea more than anything: the expression fits Prerna the supermom PERFECTLY because it refers to an all-knowing, self-righteous, all-powerful figure.  Mother India refers to the sentiments and the ideals the powerful female figure represents for the common Indian -- the self-sacrificing, compassionate but super strong mother figure for the aam admi.

In cinema, Mother India was an all-time popular and melodramatic movie made in the 1950s... it's like the Indian version of Gone With the Wind.  It stars Nargis in a powerful role about the story of a common woman, her struggles, her pain, and her larger-than-life triumphs in life. 

Edited by broken heart - 06 June 2006 at 2:14am
amy22 IF-Rockerz
amy22
amy22

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:15am | IP Logged
Thanks for telling, broken heart. Smile Smile Smile

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Its a tad melodramatic if you ask me. I found it hard to reconcile the loving, doting Mother with the one who suddenly changes her mind at the last minute and pulls out a rifle. There was no build-up to her realisation that she would have to stop her son.

But yes, the sentiments are certainly echoed in Prerna, especially since Prem was the one to give her that name. He must have seen something in her that he could identify that fictitious character (but real ideal) with.

Go to top