Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: broken heart

Never watched it yet... can you believe it??? I certainly can't!

Ha ha ha Ronitfan... I KNEW "kabab mein haddi" had to do something with food. I always thought kababs were the arabic kebabs... am I right or hopeless wrong? Sorry yaar my hindi'a a bit off...

You know, I only watched it recently, and that too only because of Prem and Prerna...wanted to see what all the fuss was about...not much, that I could see anyway...

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Okay, I guess I dun need to watch the movie!!

broken heart thumbnail
So Prerna isn't Bengali but actually Punjabi? You're right... Kekta really has something against Bong girls. Isn't Mukti Bengali though? "Deshmukh" hmmmm... dunno thought it was bengali.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: broken heart

So Prerna isn't Bengali but actually Punjabi? You're right... Kekta really has something against Bong girls. Isn't Mukti Bengali though? "Deshmukh" hmmmm... dunno thought it was bengali.

Righto!
Prerna was introduced as Prerna Rajesh Sharma, a middle-class Punjabi lass. She was Bengali when married to Anurag and she's a Marwari now that she's married to Rishabh:)

Mukti Deshmukh is a maharashtrian..dad is called 'baba' in both Marathi and Bengali..just for the info;))
amy22 thumbnail
Hey, what is Marwardi? Is it a caste?

psawyer thumbnail
I dunno, I thought Mukti was Punjabi....but then I'm Punjabi so I think everyone is! 😆 😆 She hasn't specifically mentioned that she's Bengali/anything else..
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronitfan

Righto!
Prerna was introduced as Prerna Rajesh Sharma, a middle-class Punjabi lass. She was Bengali when married to Anurag and she's a Marwari now that she's married to Rishabh:)

Mukti Deshmukh is a maharashtrian..dad is called 'baba' in both Marathi and Bengali..just for the info;))

Aaah, thanks Sukhi...

amy22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronitfan

Righto!

Sum peeps in Pakistan also call their Dads Baba... [Especially the "Pathans"]... I guess its cuz India Pakistan was one country before and they picked up many things from each other.

But I tell you one thing... Punjabis Rule... Chakk day Phattey!!!

No offence to anyone, me just kidding!!

Edited by amy22 - 17 years ago
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: amy22

Hey, what is Marwardi? Is it a caste?

It's not a caste actually..it's a regional community just like the Bengalis and the Maharashtrians..Marwari are basically the people who live in Marwar, Rajasthan..

Plz correct me if I am wrong!
psawyer thumbnail
Yeah, true. Like even Rishabh uses some beautiful Urdu words in his speech...my favourite...."ilm".... 😳 I love it when he uses that!