Kasauti Zindagi Ki

India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

The Bold & Beautiful Shweta Tiwari (Page 129)

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:05am | IP Logged
From the year 2003!

SHE may be best known for the sacrificing character that she portrays on television but don't you mistake her as the docile lamb. Shweta Tiwari aka Prerna of Star Plus's Kasauti Zindagi Kay has different shades to herself. A little too different to accept!

To start with, unlike Prerna, Tiwari is chirpy, talkative, smart and a people's person. "The only thing common between Prerna and Shweta is the sense of decision-making," she informs you. "In fact, I love to scream, go on a beach and dance at a disc.

Basically being in a group," she laughs. Perhaps that's the reason why the crowd and clutter at the opening of Personal Point Centre in the city didn't really rub the smile off her face. The doeeyed beauty was "accidentally" discovered by theatre veteran Shahid Latif in a dance competition and thus she got acquainted to the lights of theatre.

"I did plays like Khoobsoorat Bahu, Kirayedar and Sardari Begum. After which Sohail Dattani gave me a break in the serial Rishtey." Of course once on the small screen, escaping the Kbrigade was just not possible. Thus happened Kasauti... and Prerna was discovered. But isn't this Prerna act affecting her?

"Actually a lot. People are not ready to take me as Shweta. They think I am this typical, traditional girl which I am not. I have been typecast into one particular image and it can be pretty irritating at times," says a frustrated Tiwari. Not that she didn't try to break the monotony of this "simple, sariclad Prerna". She in fact did a music video for a Daler Mehndi number dressed in skimpy minis.

"But that also failed miserably," she laughs. Occupational hazard you remind her and she bursts out, "Ya... but I am willing to do different things. That's why I started doing Yatra (on Star Plus) where I am Shweta Tiwari and not Prerna."

Her latest venture as an anchor person for Yatra has been accepted, but does that really excite her? "You have to do a lot of research work, you learn a lot and visit new places. In fact, my first visit to Ahmedabad was for that programme," she says.

At 23, Tiwari has everything — a happening professional front and a happy married life. A step into Bollywood would only be a natural progression. She gives a nod to that but only "for roles with substance". Perhaps, a Mother India-2. Considering the power-packed performances to her credit, this doesn't sound too demanding. What say you?

anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rickwean

...kabhi naa sukoon aaya..man, I hate that beshura song by the male singer like hell Angry

I dunno, even premikas might have hated today's episode too..it was like back to the crap track we had just come out of..phew..a healthy dosage of romance,drama & humour is also needed, it was too serious for words with the non stop bhasans...

and why doesn't prerna get a change of sarees more often, is mrs. bajaj's wardrobe so limited or she a miser? mukti-sneha, everyone get a wardrobe change every episode only poor prerna has to suffer Cry

it's the same one she's been wearing for quite some episodes now, georgette or crepe whatever designer saree it is Dead

don't give me queer looks now, I've done some shopping with my sis( Cry aahh the torture Cry ) to know these terms

i agree with you rickwean  prerna is waering th3 sarees all the time one stupid brown saree or is it cream and the white one with the pink border

and look at kashish she is wearing such beautiful sarees

anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rickwean

laterz means prolly tomorrow same time round..man, I can't seem to give up logging off LOL LOL

nywayz, do you guys think she's gotten a bit plump..and going tulsiji's way? I hope not!! or if I'm soundin a bit crude, the stork's a visiting Cry ..

erm that we can only speculate stupidly but there's a tiny trace of a double chin there...maybe my imagination Confused

maybe a little bit but not so fat as tulsi mai

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:19am | IP Logged
The arclights had beckoned her since she was a child. Though she wanted to dance her way to people's heart, destiny had plans to make her a shining TV star.

Shweta Tiwari — commonly recognised from her screen name Prerna, was here to shoot for a commercial at a Sector 4 house.

"I always wanted to be a great dancer. Though I have never trained in any dance form, it comes natural. Unfortunately, I have never been able to dance in any of my serials so far."

The svelte actor, who shot to fame with her performance in Star Plus serial- "Kasauti..." says the only regret about her most prized serial is: "Other than Prerna, everyone else gets to dance." In fact, Shweta says she jumped at Daler Mehandi's offer to do a music video with him only because she could dance in this video.

Shweta says her foray into acting was purely coincidental. "I had won a dance competition in Mumbai where I was spotted by a theatre director. Thus, I got into theatre and did at least four plays — "Gaj Phoot Inch", "Khoobsoorat", SP "Sardar Begum" and "Kiraydar". Interestingly, I had a cherubic role in all these plays — in contrast to a serious image I have potrayed in "Kasauti Zindagi Ki".

The actress has also two other serials, "X-Zone" and "Rishtey", under her belt. At least two other serials — one with Shrey Guleria and another for Sahara TV — are in the offing.

Year:2003
anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged

i like prerna when she is smiling she has such a beautiful smile but in kzk she is yelling , screaming or crying

like in this picture

anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ronitfan

The arclights had beckoned her since she was a child. Though she wanted to dance her way to people's heart, destiny had plans to make her a shining TV star.

Shweta Tiwari — commonly recognised from her screen name Prerna, was here to shoot for a commercial at a Sector 4 house.

"I always wanted to be a great dancer. Though I have never trained in any dance form, it comes natural. Unfortunately, I have never been able to dance in any of my serials so far."

The svelte actor, who shot to fame with her performance in Star Plus serial- "Kasauti..." says the only regret about her most prized serial is: "Other than Prerna, everyone else gets to dance." In fact, Shweta says she jumped at Daler Mehandi's offer to do a music video with him only because she could dance in this video.

Shweta says her foray into acting was purely coincidental. "I had won a dance competition in Mumbai where I was spotted by a theatre director. Thus, I got into theatre and did at least four plays — "Gaj Phoot Inch", "Khoobsoorat", SP "Sardar Begum" and "Kiraydar". Interestingly, I had a cherubic role in all these plays — in contrast to a serious image I have potrayed in "Kasauti Zindagi Ki".

The actress has also two other serials, "X-Zone" and "Rishtey", under her belt. At least two other serials — one with Shrey Guleria and another for Sahara TV — are in the offing.

Year:2003

she danced in kasautii on dola re with sangeeta gosh of desh main nikla hoga chand and with sam again on dola re

ronitfan IF-Stunnerz
ronitfan
ronitfan

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Again from the year 2003-

TV's Reigning Queen Is Happy With Kasautii

Shweta Tiwari's girl-next-door charms have been instrumental in catapulting her to the top of TV charts – she couldn't have asked for more. Shweta's signature show, Kasautii Zindagi Kay is top of the TRP charts for three weeks and has ousted Kyunki and Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki from their dream run on the C&S Top 10 list.

Shweta, who plays the perfect Indian woman, Prerna in Ekta Kapoor's soap, hasn't stopped smiling since. "Kasautii Zindagi Kay's storyline has a new angle: Prerna and Anurag's bigamous marriage is threatened by the return of Mr Bajaj and I think the audiences are loving the tension that's gripped Prerna and Anurag," says Shweta.

Shweta, 23, a graduate from Mumbai University and a trained Kathak dancer started off as a reluctant actress but a word from a friend saw her waiting outside the Balaji studio hoping to get a call for audition. "I went through an audition that also had hundreds of other aspirants and finally when Ekta told me that I was perfect for the role she had in mind, I threw up a silent prayer of gratitude. It's not everyday that you get an offer which might give you the platform every aspiring actress wants," feels Shweta.

Shweta's life changed two years back when Kasautii... started to air and there are times when she does identify with her reel character but Prerna's not Shweta "Prerna's too serious. She's traditional, homely and even when she's working at an office, heading a television channel, her priority is home. I am fun loving and don't want to sacrifice myself for my family. Prerna is an ideal woman."

Shweta admits that being part of a daily soap can be physically taxing and doesn't leave her much time for a life beyond the studios. "I am shooting round the clock for 25 days which means I am so tired that I don't want to do anything else the rest of the time but sleep and catch up with friends. That's also another reason why I don't want to do other soaps: Kasautii... is top of my list right now."
anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:51am | IP Logged
thanks for all the articles sukhi !! Wink

Go to top