Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amna malik thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: rickwean

and you say you aren't good, sis?! man, I'm so jealous now , I dont get star news here :(((.. anyone can post video of that special?

Looking forward to Jodi Kamaal ki! Hope she comes with her bro rather than that husband 🀒 of hers..man, why did she have to marry 😭 that too...a guy like him πŸ˜•

haha,aur jalaoon kya?πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰Well now tht she is maried to raja,we should accept him.She is very very happy wid him and being her fan,we should also be happy for her.😊

maha khan thumbnail
Originally posted by: amna malik

haha,aur jalaoon kya?πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰Well now tht she is maried to raja,we should accept him.She is very very happy wid him and being her fan,we should also be happy for her.😊

ya u r rote mha we shud happy 4 her

Saleha_20 thumbnail
Thx for the videos & articles
rickwean thumbnail
Originally posted by: amna malik

Nahi meri tauba! Mat jalaoo, instead make me happy by posting the vid of that special show if you can or those vids I had requested u sis!

Yah, you are right..woh jaisa bhi hai, he's her husband, and well, apparently if she seems happy, we as fans are also happy for her :)

in a hurry here, will be back later with some more shweta/prerna goodies, this thread is definitely happening yaaron :)!
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Here's an old interview of her:) 4 years old to be precise!

Sunday, 18 Aug 2002
SHE is by far the prettiest and the most popular face across channels at the 8:30 pm slot on the boob tube. Her fire and ice act as Prerna Sharma in one of Star Plus' major money-spinner Kasautii Zindagii Kay, has earned her an impressive fan following.

For actress Shweta Tiwari though, there is much more than being just Prerna.

"No doubt Prerna is my biggest break and dream role but I want people to know me as Shweta Tiwari," she told mediapersons at the launch of the new academic session of NIFD, Sector 8, on Monday.

On her first visit to the city, the Mumbai-based lady who originally hails from Allahabad spoke about her beginnings in acting.

"Initially I wanted to be a dancer and dreamt that people would take my name with as much respect and awe as they do with Helen but destiny had other plans. I got noticed at a dance competition and was offered a role in the play Khoobsoorat Bahu after which there was no looking back," she says.

Theater in fact is something that the lady recommends strongly, "It's the best training ground. The rehearsals allow you the chance to polish your acting and voice."

On her association with Balaji Telefilms, Shweta avers, "Ekta saw me in a serial Aane Waala Pal and offered me a negative role in Karam. Then I got Kaleerein and Kaahin Kissii Roz after which she offered me Kasautii…"

Drawing analogies with her famous on-screen role, she says, "Just like Prerna, I am also naughty and love to laugh. Another thing which is common is that like her I too tell lies sometimes!"

As far as the Prerna, the character is concerned, "I like her strength and as for disliking I feel she becomes too sweet sometimes."

Shweta who terms her eyes, as her asset knows her priorities well.

"I haven't thought about films but if I get a Mother India or a Mrityudand then I will love to do it. Also, at this point of time I don't want to leave television especially Prerna, whom I love too much."

Item numbers apparently don't find favour with her so she "will never do a film only for the sake of a song. Performance matters, otherwise it'll be the same as Sonali Bendre and Mamta Kulkarni."

Shweta who recently made heads turn with her skimpily clad appearance in Daler Mehndi's latest video has two serials in pipeline.

"There's Shrey Guleri's Hum which has me in a double role and there's another Balaji serial about which I cannot talk." Here's more to Shweta!

ronitfan thumbnail
This is from the Times of India:)

SHWETA TIWARI
Prerna Bajaj of Kasautii Zindagii Kay

Shweta Tiwari is a very humble and homely person. She says after all her gruelling shoots and a little daughter, she has little time for anything else.

Wanted to be a dancer : "I was very keen to take up dancing as a profession but ended up becoming an actor. I was involved in theatre and did serials like Rishtey, Aane Wala Pal and Daddy Samjha Karo , besides others. Ekta Kapoor noticed me and offered me the role of Prerna for Kasautii. .. for Star Plus.... I was simply delighted. The character was a confident and strong woman, and I felt a bit hesitant on whether I would do justice to the role, but Ekta said: 'Only you can do this role.' As for dance, I never miss an opportunity to perform in functions."

Coping with two names : "Earlier people recognised me more as Prerna, but now I'm known more as Shweta. Thanks to the media exposure and other serials, people looked beyond the character 'Prerna'."

Life after success : "I can't identify much with Prerna. I don't think I can make the sacrifices Prerna's made. Although, I do try to be a good mother and an honest wife like her. Going out has become very difficult, as people instantly recognise me. I have to be careful about what I wear now. I am very comfortable in jeans but I dare not wear it out in public. Once, I shot for a video where I wore track pants, and a person pulled his car near mine at a signal and began to scream at me. "How could you wear such clothes, because of you, my daughter switched to wearing traditional Indian clothes." I was stunned but that also made me realise how I need to be responsible to my audience who have made me."

On daughter: "My daughter, Palak, is five now, and resists my going out with her. She often tells me, 'Mamma you don't come along with us or else we'll get mobbed.' At home I dedicate all my time to her. I go to work only after my daughter goes to school and try to come home before she goes to bed."

For family, its Shweta : "I have been married to Raja Choudhary for six years. He trusts me and is very cooperative, especially when I work for almost 16-17 hours sometimes. I don't go to social gatherings without him. At home too, nobody treats me like a star. My parents and grandfather always said, 'I'm their lucky child.' Even now, I'm often forced to attend social family functions by my mom even if I try to reason that my presence will only ruin the occasion. She says, 'That doesn't mean you cut yourself off, please be there.' And, I just follow her orders (laughs)."

Homely person : "On my off days you'll find me tidying my house, changing curtains. I love just lie down on the bed, watch movies and relax."
ronitfan thumbnail

Hottest women on TV

Shweta Tiwari

Better known as Prerna from Kasauti Zindagi Kay, many seem to think she is the one who has put Indian clothes back on the Indian woman's must-wear list.

In fact, when she did a music video in a tracksuit, a man once stopped her on a street and rebuked her, saying that his daughter had switched to Indian clothes because of her and if she starts wearing Western clothes it might spoil his daughter again!

ronitfan thumbnail
Her PROFILE

SHWETA TIWARI
T.V. ACTRESS-
STAR  plus T.V. SERIAL kasauti jindgi ki

teddy bears thumbnail
u guys are the best
keep it up πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
rizrash thumbnail
nice..thanks good work...and it was nice to see the 4 yrs old interview...lot to know abt her ! πŸ‘