India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Worth A Thought... (Page 3)

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Abhi, giggles_2005, and every1 who has expressed comments on this poll, just wanted to add something.

I dont mean to sound pessimistic, but how far is this going to help? You might become successful in saving the lives of a few musicians, but what about the countless musicians all over India, who sing in temples, who sings on the footpath and singers like Rajeev who own a small fast food stall for a living (Rajeev def. sings better than some of the jokers on II).. what about them?

Because Pt. Joshi is also famous rather more famous among the singers, we recognize when he is sick because we appreciate that music, but what about not so famous classical musicians falling sick... Who is there to take care of them?

And assuming that we take care of all the musicians in India or atleast the more popular ones, can we change the mindset of the listeners today to start listening to classical? For years, we wont be able to change that mindset and inthose years, the singers who are in a bad state now will get back there..

Whether media potrays the right or the wrong, in today's India media probably plays the biggest role. If the media claims it to be good, it HAS to be good.. until the media promotes classical music and aggresively, it is going to die out soon.. its a pity an i feel so sad in writing that, but it is going to die out. We need to take serious action before it does...

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

That's a point Madhavi, but 'boond boond se sagar banta' Smile

magar jab tak saarein boondh mil jaayenge, kaafi saara pehle se evapourate ho jaayega !
luvmusic Goldie
luvmusic
luvmusic

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by adwarakanath

That's a point Madhavi, but 'boond boond se sagar banta' Smile

magar jab tak saarein boondh mil jaayenge, kaafi saara pehle se evapourate ho jaayega !

Agree that it wud take time for people's mindset to change...but is wajah se hum koshish karne se tho chook nahi sakte na...u never know one thing might lead to another....lets see...we'll do whatever we can do n lets hope for the best....

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Yes, I am not against the petition.. I signed for it myself..

But my worry is, we aren't attacking the root cause of the problem.. thats it..

Go to top