Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

American versus Indian idol (Page 3)

FrenchieRox Senior Member
FrenchieRox
FrenchieRox

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Surtaal

The whole concept and production comes from the American Idol.
For those that have had the opportunity to watch American Idol,
how do you compare our contestants?

No, the production does not come from America, it comes from the UK. Pop Idol was the first Idol show ever, the second was South Africa & the third being Poland followed by America.

As for comparing, cant really compare as they sing in completely different languages. However, I very honestly feel that alot of our singers were very, very talented, just pathetic voting ruined the show.

FrenchieRox Senior Member
FrenchieRox
FrenchieRox

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sonyaee

Some people even were comparing Amey's Lagaa Chunri to the legendary Manna Dey's original, saying he missed some harkats and sang it faster than the original!

Well, people also have to keep in mind, each contestant gets a certain amount of time, so he obviously had to sing it faser.

karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 7:58am | IP Logged
they both are Angry
HariOm Goldie
HariOm
HariOm

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:26am | IP Logged
I am watching the AI this year. I feel singing quality is much better than II2. The final 12 are so good that you feel anyone will deserve the title. That is NOT the case with II2. In fact even in top 3 you know who (Karu) is the best and way above S and A.

I have not heard AI competitors go out of Sur as much as the ones in II2. Also the voting is not regional hence really the bad ones for that day get filtered out. There is no politics, regionalism involved. Hence the one who wins is the one who was one of the most deserving candidates.

Also the result episode is always 1/2 an hour. I wish they did that for II. The way Mini and Aman stretch "Aaj Anuj ya Sandeep mei se ek bottom three mein hain." Ya......wn, big pause. "Woh kaun hoga..." Suspense music "Hum batayenge is break ke baad."    Oof so annoying. In II they'll fatafat announce the ones in top and remaining are bottom 3.

Ofcourse no matter what hamare Hindi songs are the best and the most melodious. So its a pleasure to listen to them.

Edited by HariOm - 29 March 2006 at 8:27am
Alamelu IF-Rockerz
Alamelu
Alamelu

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:38am | IP Logged
In AI singers do not mind taking chances.......in II2, some singers are more willing than some....some of them do infuse their style into the song which is nice......I do think however the indian singers do put in a lot of feelings into the songs too......

I definitely like the judges comments in AI than in II2...seems more neutral....

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HariOm

Also the result episode is always 1/2 an hour. I wish they did that for II. The way Mini and Aman stretch "Aaj Anuj ya Sandeep mei se ek bottom three mein hain." Ya......wn, big pause. "Woh kaun hoga..." Suspense music "Hum batayenge is break ke baad."    Oof so annoying. In II they'll fatafat announce the ones in top and remaining are bottom 3.

Ofcourse no matter what hamare Hindi songs are the best and the most melodious. So its a pleasure to listen to them.

Yes, plus AI is broadcasted live, both the performances and results.

When the song selection is good in II2, personally, I enjoy it more than AI. AR Rehman, 50-60-70s type galas really make II2 worth watching cause the songs are so melodious.
riya99 Senior Member
riya99
riya99

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:36am | IP Logged
i feel american idol contestants r more lively
there where a few in indian idol but they r voted out
like amey,panna,neha
Surtaal Groupbie
Surtaal
Surtaal

Posted: 29 March 2006 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Guys,

My bad . . . the production does come from UK followed by South Africa & Poland then US. I stand corrected . . .

Crux of our discussion is, can the Indian Idol gain and exude the energy and performance levels that the people expect of them? as we see the American Idols do . . .

At the end of the day the winner would release his/ her own albums and perform several stage shows . . .

What are our II hopefuls getting into? Do they know?

Go to top