Login To Vote
Nihira_Angel thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

New article on Debojit:

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1020593&CatID=7😊

'I am no actor'

Chaitanya Padukone

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  18:50 IST

Unlike some singers, 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge' winner Debojit Saha doesn't want to consider acting assignments. He says, "I maybe a fabulous singer but I am zero in acting. I don't wish to cut a sorry figure on the screen. It's better that I stick to my forte which is singing."

But Debojit has no choice but to face the camera for his music video to promote his upcoming pop album. 

"It's a romantic album with my solo songs. One has been composed by my mentor Ismail Durbar."

He adds, "For sentimental and commercial reasons there will be remixes of two film-tracks - Ek haseena thi ('Karz') and Humma humma ('Bombay')." He recalls, "Initially I was self-conscious on stage. It was the Humma humma number that transformed me into a dynamic performer." Debojit is dedicating his debut album to his late mother, his "inspiration" and wife Bandana.

Debojit was seen sitting incognito at the recent release of Jagjit Singh's album 'Live in Sidney'. He states, " I preferred to be away from the media glare. I went up to Jagjitji to take his blessings."  He calls Singh his "distant mentor" because, "Much before the contest, I used to sing Jagjitji's ghazals on the TV show 'Ghazal-e-Saara'."

Edited by Nihira_Angel - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ranig thumbnail
I don't like Debojits singing that much, but he seems like a decent person.
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bindiqueen06

honestly, he is okay. But not better than Hemachandra, Vinit and Nihira and Himani. Of course, again my opinion. 😊

And how is it linked to the above article? 😡  Just Kidding.  No offense. 😉

Edited by apparaohoare - 18 years ago
X-rebel thumbnail

honestly, he is okay. But not better than Hemachandra, Vinit and Nihira and Himani. Of course, again my opinion. 😊

Mabe Debo is not better than Hema n Nihira , but he is surely better than Vinit.

teenindia_usa thumbnail
thaniks on article was wondering if zee made the whole thing up.
Qwest thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nihira_Angel

New article on Debojit:

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1020593&CatID=7😊

'I am no actor'

Chaitanya Padukone

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  18:50 IST

Unlike some singers, 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge' winner Debojit Saha doesn't want to consider acting assignments. He says, "I maybe a fabulous singer but I am zero in acting. I don't wish to cut a sorry figure on the screen. It's better that I stick to my forte which is singing."

But Debojit has no choice but to face the camera for his music video to promote his upcoming pop album. 

"It's a romantic album with my solo songs. One has been composed by my mentor Ismail Durbar."

He adds, "For sentimental and commercial reasons there will be remixes of two film-tracks - Ek haseena thi ('Karz') and Humma humma ('Bombay')." He recalls, "Initially I was self-conscious on stage. It was the Humma humma number that transformed me into a dynamic performer." Debojit is dedicating his debut album to his late mother, his "inspiration" and wife Bandana.

Debojit was seen sitting incognito at the recent release of Jagjit Singh's album 'Live in Sidney'. He states, " I preferred to be away from the media glare. I went up to Jagjitji to take his blessings."  He calls Singh his "distant mentor" because, "Much before the contest, I used to sing Jagjitji's ghazals on the TV show 'Ghazal-e-Saara'."

I am no actor' It's better that I stick to my forte which is singing. I am sure he will do well and will be big name in India. Yes will have to face the Camera as celebrity and I am sure he know how to handle that. Also to me what is most Important that is he also have his education with experience of life.

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago
Akon_Jeezy thumbnail
He sux
Jai mata ji lets rock
Rock the world
joychak thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I have listened very carefully the SRGMP C-2005 round in which Hema got green card but Debojit & Abhijit got Yellow card. In that round Hema was not at all better than the other two. Hema's diction & wording of the song was wrong in lot of places but no body pointed that out. Adesh & JL were always blindly in support of Hema and ID always tried to avoid criticizing the other mentor's boys/girls. Even if you see the final 3 round where Tabu was the guest, Debu got most preferred as per Tabu. I consider the singer as best who has sur, loy, taal, diction, expression, ability to connect people, since people is finally going to make a singer great by buying & listening the music. I don't agree that Hema is a better singer but definetly he is a good promising singer. On top of everything, this is my opinion.

soulsoup thumbnail
Originally posted by: Akon_Jeezy

He sux
Jai mata ji lets rock
Rock the world

Itna bhi patthar mat maar duniya me - keya bigada hai humne tumhara?
makhnipunjabdi thumbnail
Originally posted by: ranig

I don't like Debojits singing that much, but he seems like a decent person.